Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but after doing a few searches I found nothing about it.

Has anyone notice you can minimize an open card by pinching from opposite corners? Is this new to the 1.1 update, or have i just missed this?
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure this came with 1.0.4
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Interesting.... I just always tapped outside the card and they all minimized, and I know it's not new in 1.1 cause I did it in 1.0.4
    If I'm understanding correctly, I think you're talking about the mode where all the cards get smaller and you can rearrange them.

If so, that's been there since 1.0.

In fact, you don't even have to pinch, just hold your finger on a card for a second or two, and it will do that.
    I usually just double click outside the card

I think the pre thinks your double clicking it rather than pinching it
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyjay View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but after doing a few searches I found nothing about it.

Has anyone notice you can minimize an open card by pinching from opposite corners? Is this new to the 1.1 update, or have i just missed this?
    I'm pretty sure what you're doing is just initiating a "swipe up from gesture area" gesture...just as you would with one finger. The other finger at the top isn't doing anything, you're just sliding a finger from the gesture area to the screen when you pinch...at least I think that is what is happening.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    As mentioned above it has nothing to do with pinching and one way
    to do it, is to hold your finger down on a card and it'll minimize and
    simultaneously allow you to drag it elsewhere in the card order.

The other way is to tap *once* anywhere below the card, between card
    and quick launch buttons. Tapping in that same area again
    will make em medium size again.

I had it happen several times accidentally before I figured it out.

One thing you'll notice is that you can dismiss a bunch of apps very quickly
    from the minimized mode. I can send 3 cards flying at once in rapid fire succession.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 07/28/2009 at 03:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I have been using the pre heavily for a few months. I have always know about the minimization of cards but recently learned I could reaarange them! Great find! <kinda slow I guess =(
    I just got my Pixi on Wednesday coming from a Treo 755 and I'm LOVING IT!!! The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to minimize to a card w/o swiping back several steps.

Googled and read and asked and finally after 2 hours of searching I FINALLY FOUND THE ANSWER!!!!!

THANK GOODNESS FOR THIS FORUM!!!! Or else I'll be back swiping FOREVER!!!