Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Hi, you will all think I am a preschooler, but here goes ok I downloaded Sun Virtual Box and Palm SDK I have the emulater on my screen.....and I have no idea what to do next :-/ All I want to do is get my avatar into messaging I already downloaded and installed the patch, I renamed my avatar to my-avatar.png and thats where I'm confudled at what I need to do next. I have Preload on my device and under settings you can change the path for the messaging avatar does anyone know if I can do this there? and if so what I put in as my path????
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teresitadiaz5 View Post
    Hi, you will all think I am a preschooler, but here goes ok I downloaded Sun Virtual Box and Palm SDK I have the emulater on my screen.....and I have no idea what to do next :-/ All I want to do is get my avatar into messaging I already downloaded and installed the patch, I renamed my avatar to my-avatar.png and thats where I'm confudled at what I need to do next. I have Preload on my device and under settings you can change the path for the messaging avatar does anyone know if I can do this there? and if so what I put in as my path????
    For the avatar thing...you shouldn't need virtual box and palm sdk as they are only for rooting purposes.

instead do this...first try removing the avatar patch. now make your avatar (has to be 40x40 pixels size) again and put your phone in usb mode. once the phone opens up and you see where all the folders are...drop your my-avatar.png file in there and outside of all folders. Now install avatar patch again and reboot your phone. It should work.
    I thought the emulator was for testing programs or apps before putting them on your phone.
    great advice, thanks
    Yeah thanks.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234