Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    thankyou got it done
    I had to study the instructions for about a week before I had to guts to root my pre but I did it and I am happy I did! Just make sure you fully understand what you are doing before you start and follow the steps exactly as they are written and you won't have a problem. Confidence is key!
    I can post links now. Rooting to your Palm Pre in Ubuntu Linux: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    OK I am the biggest mentally challenged person when it comes to this program stuff. But I love my Pre and I so want to make changes to it. It took me several hours but I finally was able to get my Pre to DL home appl's. I found a video on you tube on how to root but looks outdated. Can anyone show me where to go if i want to Root(a video would be nice) The most important thing I want to do is forward my text messages. If it can be done with out rooting ..will someone please point me in the that direction. Oh btw i have DL Palm SDK and Virtual box. What is the Palm emulator? I have a windows Vista 32bit system. i also have the palm novocom downloaded(dont ask me how i did that because my biggest obstacle was getting my Pre to connect to pc in order for me to download filecoaster. Sorry for the rambling. Help
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by randesf View Post
    OK I am the biggest mentally challenged person when it comes to this program stuff. But I love my Pre and I so want to make changes to it. It took me several hours but I finally was able to get my Pre to DL home appl's. I found a video on you tube on how to root but looks outdated. Can anyone show me where to go if i want to Root(a video would be nice) The most important thing I want to do is forward my text messages. If it can be done with out rooting ..will someone please point me in the that direction. Oh btw i have DL Palm SDK and Virtual box. What is the Palm emulator? I have a windows Vista 32bit system. i also have the palm novocom downloaded(dont ask me how i did that because my biggest obstacle was getting my Pre to connect to pc in order for me to download filecoaster. Sorry for the rambling. Help
    tl;dr

If you are only interested in forwarding texts you can do so under the tweaks toolbar in the webos quick install program. its very easy to do

You should start reading here

edit:

I am not rooted and have installed mytether <3 my pre
    Last edited by MaxLOL; 08/31/2009 at 01:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Is there and easyer way to Root the pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime313 View Post
    Is there and easyer way to Root the pre?
    For all the things I've ever hacked, the pre is one of the easiest, have you tried yet?
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    whats the harm of rooting my phone.may be dumb question,but whats the worst that can happen
    Im Special
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    went through all the rooting, when I cam up to putty I cam up with a network connection timeout and no asking for a login or password any help would be appreciated
    I think root is the password and you can just make any name up for the login.
    So I dowloaded the lastest version of virtual box and when I try to run the emulator a box pops up telling me that virtual box 2.2.0 is required. Any sugestions or a basic step by step to accesing linux on my pre
    I only have one problem. Everytime I root into the pre to change program icons or boot logos etc... I noticed that any installed apps dont appear in the /usr/palm/applications/ directory.. I only see palm default stuff. TWEED doesnt even show up. where would all the apps be? or how can I make them appear?
    Has anyone rooted their PRE since the 1.2 update and before I update they say remove any mods does that mean that you have to unroot or remove all homebrew apps. I uodated 2 daysago and don't wanna F up anything because I'm gonna root my phone today!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I want to root also but there is too much reading
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by danurse View Post
    I want to root also but there is too much reading
    Come on now , anything worth doing is worth doing right. Read the link that Rod posted a minimum of 3 times.
    Can anybody help with un-mod or restoring a Pre to its original state?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidhernandez99 View Post
    Can anybody help with un-mod or restoring a Pre to its original state?
    Just run the webOS Doctor.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    This will be the 1st phone i attempt to do anything like this on. I have windows xp home edition version 2002. I have no idea what all of this stuff means, as I am not to savvy with it all. I have seen youtube videos, and it looks pretty easy with a lot of copy and paste. I am good with basic computer knowledge and all, but when it comes to the specs and commands I get lost. The videos i have seen all have been for vista, which im sure i can just use the xp cmd bar. However, i worry because there have been updates, and I am not sure if it will still work, and I do not want to mess something up and then be SOL with my phone.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast