Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    The palm pre calendar is great. But it is in need of some major updates. Namely, if you want to accept or send appointments to other people, currently it's not supported. Is it every going to be? I used to be able to do this with my blackberry and it was 100 times more convenient than needing to use two different calendars plus add sync it to my laptop to add an attendee either thru outlook or google. Sure there is a way around the issue, but it's not convenient. Also, since I now have to use outlook and google to stay in sync with my laptop and other peoples appts (adding and sending), If i have my pre calendar show all calendars then it shows everything doubled since my calendars are synced together. Maybe think about the synergy (merging) function of duplicate calendar entries also the same way it does with contacts. These two items would be HUGE positives to the calendar.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Has anyone else had the seem issues? What are your thoughts?
    I would also like to see a update to the calender or hopefully a new third patry calender. The current calender leaves a lot to be desired. I would like the option to color code items on my own within the calender like you can in outlook. Also when looking at the month view and week view well it is just not good. Im sure Palm will update the calender soon enough ( I hope so ).

Also when I scroll through m calender in day view not all my appointments load. Sometimes I will have to scroll back and forth a few times to get them to show up.

The calender needs work but for now I can deal with it. I bought a third party calender for my BlackBerry and it as miles ahead of this one. Hopefully one will come out for the Pre.
    what work around are you using to accept invites? Hate to admit that I have to accept mine on my macbook into ical then copy and paste the accepted appointment into google calendar... surely there is a far more clever approach... what is it? Thanks
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I have to schedule in the pre using google as the primary. Then sync it, then go to google.com calendar and add the attendee and resend it. Then when I get home I use pocketmirror to sync this to my outlook calendar in my laptop. Phew!!!! Too many steps. And, if someone sends me an appt., I have to go to my laptop, sync the google calendar to my outlook with google sync, then sync my calendar on the pre.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac923 View Post
    I have to schedule in the pre using google as the primary. Then sync it, then go to google.com calendar and add the attendee and resend it. Then when I get home I use pocketmirror to sync this to my outlook calendar in my laptop. Phew!!!! Too many steps. And, if someone sends me an appt., I have to go to my laptop, sync the google calendar to my outlook with google sync, then sync my calendar on the pre.
    ....and then, if you have both of those calendars linked into the pre calendar and you choose to show all calendars because of facebook, you'll have duplicate entries into the calendar because of outlook and google being synced together. It's a mess! I too can work around this, but it is not convenient.
    I urge you to contact Palm and provide feedback on the calendar functions you'd like to see added. I really dislike the current calendar because I can't color code my events and there are no third party software solutions to this.

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA