Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This patch is outdated. Use the patch in preware or webos quick install.

Based on this hack.

IMPORTANT!! If you have applied any other patch previous to ending up here, You need to restore the to default before running any other script. (See section 2 in "More Info" below.)
    In the event of a patch/update after v1.3.1 from palm DO NOT USE THIS SCRIPT!! till I have verified it still works.

I updated the script written by w5mw in this thread to work FOR WebOS v1.3.1 (not "post" as the title says as future updates could break the script. Mods could you please fix the title?)

as root (if you are not, then issue the command sudo -i)

Code:
    wget -qO-  | /bin/sh
    View the source code here: [url]

The script now has a error check to make sure the file is backed up too, restart the phone preferences app and enjoy

Time Machine(Go back to the way things where) AFTER USING MY SCRIPT ONLY!! THIS WILL NOT WORK IF YOU HAVE USED ANOTHER SCRIPT!!
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs.$1$.$3$.$1$.$bak$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$app$/$controllers$/$preflist$-$assistant$.$js$
    $mount$ -$o$ $remount$,$ro$ /

More Info:

1. The file that is backed up is named preflist-assistant.jsjsjs.$1$.$3$.$1$.$bak$. $if$ $there$ $is$ $a$ $file$ $with$ $this$ $name$ $in$ $this$ &$quot$;/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$app$/$controllers$/&$quot$; $directory$ $when$ $the$ $script$ $is$ $run$ $it$ $will$ $stop$ $in$ $order$ $to$ $not$ $over$ $write$ $any$ $previous$ $backups$

2. The script will back up the current preflist-assistant.jsjsjs $so$ $any$ $previous$ $hacks$ $or$ $edits$ $will$ $be$ $in$ $the$ $newly$ $created$ $preflist$-$assistant$.$js$.$1$.$3$.$1$.$bak$ $file$. $If$ $you$ $have$ $already$ $ran$ $the$ $old$ $script$ $post$ $updating$ $to$ $1$.$3$.$1$ $or$ $ran$ $any$ $other$ $script$, $you$ $will$ $need$ $the$ $original$ $1$.$3$.$1$ $preflist$-$assistant$.$js$ $before$ $proceeding$ $with$ $my$ $script$.

I have tested this script an number times on my phone and it works to the best of my knowledge.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any harm this hack may bring to your device.

New script here
    But it is not executed in the same way. For some reason it will not execute correctly with the wget pipe.
    This script has the Time Machine built in.

Usage:
    Run once to backup the original file and patch it.
    Run again to restore to default.

To install:
    as root
    Code:
    /bin/mount -o remount,rw /
    wget 
    chmod +x ./patch_roam-1.3.1-TM.sh
    /bin/sh ./patch_roam-1.3.1-TM.sh
    Last edited by fain; 03/18/2010 at 09:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    output u asked for:

root@castle:/# wget -qO- http://www.nucleardecay.net/pre/patch_roam.sh | /bin/sh
    File preflist-assistant.jsjsjs.$bak$ $exists$
    root@castle:/#
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vapostol View Post
    output u asked for:

root@castle:/# wget -qO- http://www.nucleardecay.net/pre/patch_roam.sh | /bin/sh
    File preflist-assistant.jsjsjs.$bak$ $exists$
    root@castle:/#
    Did you reboot?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    yep rebooted 2x ... is there a way to delete the file and replace it with ur script?
  5.    #5  
    yep rebooted 2x ... is there a way to delete the file and replace it with ur script?
    O did you use the old patch first post 1.1?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    see thats the thing i HAD the old patch..i upgraded to 1.1 ... went to forums found ur post of an updated patch... applied that..it said it was already there... rebooted..got white screen...
  7.    #7  
    see thats the thing i HAD the old patch..i upgraded to 1.1 ... went to forums found ur post of an updated patch... applied that..it said it was already there... rebooted..got white screen...
    hmm not sure worked fine for me and a few others in the other thread. I sent you a pm
  8.    #8  
    I just reset the preflist on my pre back to default and re applied the patch and it worked. I did not need to reboot this time.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    ah nice dude ur the best - fixed it ...
    thanks A LOT!
  10.    #10  
    ah nice dude ur the best - fixed it ...
    thanks A LOT!
    np glad to help
  11.    #11  
    I know what happened now. I fixed this bug in the old script. When you run the old patch more than once it keeps adding the new lines to the preflist-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $making$ $a$ $backup$ $of$ $the$ $previous$ $run$. $Adding$ $lines$ $upon$ $lines$ $of$ $duplicate$ $code$. $The$ $script$ $now$ $checks$ $if$ $the$ $backup$ $already$ $exists$ $and$ $exits$ $if$ $it$ $is$ $there$ $already$.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    well i think i effed up and installed the old patch...how do i reverse it and apply the new one?
    Anyone got a 1.1 preflist-assistant.jsjsjs (unpatched) ?
    Thanks fain. I depend on this at work. Took me a while to get a signal to download the script. Guess I should have just downloaded via laptop and copied it over...ah...20/20, etc.

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    im one of the ones that reapplied the old patch and now i get the white screen under preferences, anyone know how to fix this, my phone didnt make a backup of the original file either.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Works beautifully, thanks so much.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Thx again fain for helping me out. It was a lifesaver
    Hello everyone...I've had my Palm since the Sunday after the Saturday it came out. I'm happy with it except for the heating up and not roaming soon enough because my signal is terrible where I live.

I specifically joined here to see if there was a solution. Looks like this may be it. I get the fact that I can just run that command wget from a command line, But..forgive me beacsue I have just been using my palm and not really knowing what it can do...how are you all achieving root access or getting to a command line? I understand taht it runs on a linux system? I'm using windows and do not have linux. Is it possible to hook it up to my pc and access root or run that command? Do I need to download the SDK I read about? If so..where?

Sorry..I'm a newbie on these forums but am looking forward to being a part of them. I need to fix my signal.
  19.    #19  
    Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

Is where you need to start.
    You tha man
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast