Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Am I putting the codes from WebOS Internals into novaterm?
    Do I put the the codes from WebOS Internals into novaterm?
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdesign View Post
    Preware and/or WebOS Quick Install are the easiest ways to go.

The information on WebOS Internals works as an alternative too. It hasn't been updated since 1.3.1, but everything works. The only thing different for 1.4 or 1.3.5 is the line numbers (there is more code so the line locations you need to edit have changed, simple perform a find for the content and you're good).
    I went to WebOS Internals and followed the first step

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers
    cp preflist-assistant.jsjsjs $preflist$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$

the next step says

Edit preflist-assistant.jsjsjs

I am confused on that part, I have replaced cp preflist-assistant.jsjsjs $with$ $vi$ $preflist$-$assistant$.$js$ $and$ $that$ $brings$ $up$ $something$ $that$ $says$ $script$ $about$ $Palms$ $Copyright$, $when$ $I$ $try$ $to$ $scroll$ $down$ $to$ $find$ $line$ $204$ $I$ $am$ $not$ $able$ $to$ $scroll$ $down$. $Sorry$ $if$ $this$ $sound$ $really$ $stupid$ $I$'$m$ $just$ $not$ $experienced$ $with$ $this$ $at$ $all$. $Thank$ $you$ $in$ $advance$!
    This is all in novaterm, correct?
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by kc93 View Post
    I went to WebOS Internals and followed the first step

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers
    cp preflist-assistant.jsjsjs $preflist$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$

the next step says

Edit preflist-assistant.jsjsjs

I am confused on that part, I have replaced cp preflist-assistant.jsjsjs $with$ $vi$ $preflist$-$assistant$.$js$ $and$ $that$ $brings$ $up$ $something$ $that$ $says$ $script$ $about$ $Palms$ $Copyright$, $when$ $I$ $try$ $to$ $scroll$ $down$ $to$ $find$ $line$ $204$ $I$ $am$ $not$ $able$ $to$ $scroll$ $down$. $Sorry$ $if$ $this$ $sound$ $really$ $stupid$ $I$'$m$ $just$ $not$ $experienced$ $with$ $this$ $at$ $all$. $Thank$ $you$ $in$ $advance$!
    Yes vi is a little difficult to use..
    Check this page out for more info on basic vi commands.

Basic vi Commands
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

Thank you! After I do step 1 on WebOS Internals (mount) I enter all that, then I type in the vi command (vi preflist-assistant.jsjsjs) $then$ $novaterm$ $says$ $palms$ $copyright$ $at$ $top$ $and$ $then$:

var PreflistAssistant = C;***.create({
    initialize: function(args) {
    if(args) {
    this.args=args;
    }
    this.carrier = $L('Carrier');
    this.carrierOnlyLabel = $L{"#carrier} Only").interpolate({carrier:this.carrier});
    - preflist-assistant.jsjsjs $2$/$2714$ $0$%

WebOS Internals says to find line 204 and replace some stuff but I can't find line 204 and when I perform a "searching text" using the command /string (and then entering {label : $L("Automatic"),value: "any"} ) it says that string doesn't exist. I am obviously doing something wrong. Thank you!!!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I'm not technical at all so I find VI a little confusing. Instead, I just backup and copy the file to my computer, make the edits with Notepad, then replace the file with my edited version.

I've done this via SSH and Secure File Transfer over WiFi. But since I got a replacement phone last week I am using WOSQI to 'send' or 'receive' file and find it much easier to do this way. Is there any reason you are not using WOSQI? If you use that, there are roam tweaks available to select that handle everything for you without editing code.
    I'm not technical at all so I find VI a little confusing. Instead, I just backup and copy the file to my computer, make the edits with Notepad, then replace the file with my edited version.

I've done this via SSH and Secure File Transfer over WiFi. But since I got a replacement phone last week I am using WOSQI to 'send' or 'receive' file and find it much easier to do this way. Is there any reason you are not using WOSQI? If you use that, there are roam tweaks available to select that handle everything for you without editing code.
    I have no idea what WOQSI, SSH or Secure File Transfer is, I am very unexperienced with this. It sounds easier than what I am trying to do though. Could you share with me how to do it that way? Also have I done to much and need to completely restore my phone via the doctor thing?
    There is a patch for this look at my signature.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I have no idea what WOQSI, SSH or Secure File Transfer is, I am very unexperienced with this. It sounds easier than what I am trying to do though. Could you share with me how to do it that way? Also have I done to much and need to completely restore my phone via the doctor thing?
    Here's the link for WebOS Quick Install. You will be happy using this for most of your needs.

So long as you haven't saved or overwritten any files, you should be good. You could Doctor your phone if you want to be sure, but there is also a Repair Utility (that fixes only the changed/broken files).
    So I just download WebOS Quick Install via the link you provided?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    So I just download WebOS Quick Install via the link you provided?
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Thank you so much for your help! I am downloading it now, what do I do next?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Right under the link you clicked to download is the link to the installation guide.
    Right under the link you clicked to download is the link to the installation guide.
    Thank you SO much!! Okay will do, i'll let you know when I have finished that step.
    Okay I finished installing WebOS Quick Install and I have it running, what is the next step?
    Put your Pre in developer mode and drop the patch into the window it will tell you to install lsdiff and gnu click yes and then your roam only patch will be installed. Do you have Preware on your phone? If not click on the blue arrow on the right and go to webosinternals feed and select preware and package manager and then click download and then install as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Put your Pre in developer mode and drop the patch into the window it will tell you to install lsdiff and gnu click yes and then your roam only patch will be installed. Do you have Preware on your phone? If not click on the blue arrow on the right and go to webosinternals feed and select preware and package manager and then click download and then install as well.
    It is in dev mode, what window do I drop the patch in? I just downloaded Preware and installed it like you said.
    in webos quickinstall drop it into the white window in the middle of the app or you can just go to Preware and install it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    in webos quickinstall drop it into the white window in the middle of the app or you can just go to Preware and install it.
    Okay! This is stupid but how do I "drag and drop" it? It's "File Type: patch roam-only.patch (1.5 KB, 7 views) Email Attachment" that I found in your signature correct?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast