Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 171
  1. #101  
    Thank you Thank you Thank you !!! You rock work perfect!!
  2. #102  
    Edit: Fixed on my pre and works perfect thank you.
    Last edited by Kishu; 09/30/2009 at 10:18 PM.
  3.    #103  
    the script is safe for 1.2.1. OP updated.
  4. #104  
    On your site, you have the following two files posted:

    patch_roam-1.2.1-TM.sh
    patch_roam-1.2.1.sh

    What's the difference?
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba View Post
    On your site, you have the following two files posted:

    patch_roam-1.2.1-TM.sh
    patch_roam-1.2.1.sh

    What's the difference?
    TM is the one you download to the pre. Run it once to patch. Run a second time to restore.
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    TM is the one you download to the pre. Run it once to patch. Run a second time to restore.
    Sorry for not quite understanding...

    From root, do I type:

    wget -qO- http://www.nucleardecay.net/pre/patch_roam-1.2.1.sh | /bin/sh

    or

    wget -qO- http://www.nucleardecay.net/pre/patch_roam-1.2.1-TM.sh | /bin/sh

    When would/should I use the TM file?
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba View Post
    Sorry for not quite understanding...

    From root, do I type:

    wget -qO- [url] | /bin/sh

    or

    wget -qO- [url] | /bin/sh

    When would/should I use the TM file?
    tm will only run from the local machine. It will not work through the wget pipe.

    if you are using the wget pipe only use the one without the TM.

    if you are using the tm version, execute it locally via the commands in the code box on the op.
  8. #108  
    WebOS 1.3.1 released, could you please post a updated shell script when time allows. Thanks in advance.
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by devz3ro View Post
    WebOS 1.3.1 released, could you please post a updated shell script when time allows. Thanks in advance.
    I took a quick look at the new source and it looks like they have changed a lot this time around. it is probably going to take more than the usual edit I'm afraid. I didn't look at it long though.
  10. FLScott's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #110  
    devz3ro, in the meantime you can use the patch for "roam only in device menu" patch.
  11. #111  
    Is the patch you speak of from 'Jason' on the following thread:

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-topbar-2.html

    If so, how would I install this? Just wget, chmod and ./execute?

    I want to keep this pre as virgin as possible (if possible).
  12.    #112  
    Ok, after some blood, sweat and tears i got it to work with 1.3.1. enjoy...
  13. #113  
    Any chance on getting an update for 1.3.5.1? My phone downloaded the update, and killed the roam only hack . Is 1.3.5.2 coming out in North America anytime soon?
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by devz3ro View Post
    Any chance on getting an update for 1.3.5.1? My phone downloaded the update, and killed the roam only hack . Is 1.3.5.2 coming out in North America anytime soon?
    Sorry, I have been using the roam only patch for the device menu. I like it allot better. No need to go in to phone prefs anymore.

    It is located in preware and should be on webOs quick install as well.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  15. #115  
    Just curious, why would someone want this?
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Just curious, why would someone want this?
    well well if you are just a bit out of sprints range and there is still a small sprint signal the pre will stay connected to sprint leaving you with almost no bars. A roam only patch will allow you to force the phone onto anther network with better reception.
  17. #117  
    I am really stuck and could use some major help, please! I did everything at that link and when I go into novaterm it is blank and then I hit "connect" then it says "root@palm-webos-device:/#" I have no idea what to do after that, help would be greatly appreciated!
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by kc93 View Post
    I am really stuck and could use some major help, please! I did everything at that link and when I go into novaterm it is blank and then I hit "connect" then it says "root@palm-webos-device:/#" I have no idea what to do after that, help would be greatly appreciated!
    what ever you do do not use this patch.

    I have not updated it for quite some while.

    root@palm-webos-device:/#

    is what you call a command prompt in linux under the administrator account named root on the host palm-webos-device.

    normally you would enter the wget command at that prompt but that depends on what version of webos your are on. I believe you are on 1.4 so DO NOT USE THIS PATCH. It will probably brick your phone prefs.
  19. #119  
    I already used that patch and it didn't do anything. Do you know what I need to do next? I am completely lost. Thank you.
  20. dwdesign's Avatar
    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #120  
    Preware and/or WebOS Quick Install are the easiest ways to go.

    The information on WebOS Internals works as an alternative too. It hasn't been updated since 1.3.1, but everything works. The only thing different for 1.4 or 1.3.5 is the line numbers (there is more code so the line locations you need to edit have changed, simple perform a find for the content and you're good).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions