Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Just wanted to post a quickie to say it works great! Thanks again for all your help fain, turns out I was having a problem with my pc connecting to my pre but once I figured that out your script was easy as pie.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    fain: great stuff. any chance you'll make it installable/uninstallable via WebOS Quick Install?
    I might look into this. I have beem so busy with ampachpre I have not had much time to sleep even. Plus I have never used webos quick install. So I know very little about it.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Works link a charm. Saves me alot of battery drain up at the lake we go to where there is a good solid roam signal but just enough sprint network to keep it from leaving it on roam. Now no more of the flipping back and forth.

Thanks
    I had this done befor and now I cant get it to work again. Please give me step by step instructions from root please!!!
    Any way to check from within a script whether I'm in roam only or another mode? I'm working on a script...
  6.    #86  
    I would assume you would

If (Object == 'romeonly'){
    Dothis
    }

I can't remember what 'object' is. I am on my pre and can't view the preflist file right now. It is in the patch in the OP though. Or you can check the source or the preflist file.
    I guess I should clarify - I need to check from within a shell script. Is the value stored in a file or something, or is there another way to check it from the shell?
    Would there be a way to make this option more easily accessible? Like, throw it on the same drop-down menu as bluetooth and wifi, etc?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    That really would be great!.. A homebrew app I'm hoping...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Could someone re-host the original .sh file as shown in the original post please. I want to attempt to do this but am shown a 404 error when trying to download. Try putting it on sendspace if you have it, I will host it on my website for everyone after I get it.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by devz3ro View Post
    Could someone re-host the original .sh file as shown in the original post please. I want to attempt to do this but am shown a 404 error when trying to download. Try putting it on sendspace if you have it, I will host it on my website for everyone after I get it.
    sorry I forgot to update. I took the script down in anticipation of webOS 1.2.1. The patch most likely not work with the update. But the update didn't happen. I can put it back up later 2nite if you like but someone wrote a app that does this. I have not tried it out yet if it is even posted yet I don't know.
    Yes, could you put it back up please. I don't want to install optware etc. on the pre, I just want this installed for now. Also if you have any more info on this new app you speak of I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by devz3ro; 09/25/2009 at 02:17 PM.
    Is there a way to connect to the pre using Putty instead of Novaterm? I would be able to follow the original hack link and insert the lines myself without re-writing what you already wrote with sed / awk / nawk etc.

Novaterm doesn't seem to display vi properly. I tried to 'export TERM=dtterm' but it's still all screwed up. I know I could if I installed openssh but I want to keep this pre virgin except for this single file changed.
  14.    #94  
    Is there a way to connect to the pre using Putty instead of Novaterm? I would be able to follow the original hack link and insert the lines myself without re-writing what you already wrote with sed / awk / nawk etc.

Novaterm doesn't seem to display vi properly. I tried to 'export TERM=dtterm' but it's still all screwed up. I know I could if I installed openssh but I want to keep this pre virgin except for this single file changed.
    the new hack is a homebrew app in the homebrew forum here at precentral. Considering putty is a ssh client it needs a ssh server. So no I do not think there is another way. Well on second thought you could install the terminal application and directly on the pre but that would require you to install a service, I believe, plus the terminal app. I'll put it back up tonight when I get home after work. Too bad there is not a ftp app I'd do it now from my pre.
    Could you add the patch_roam-TM.sh also if you get the chance?
  16.    #96  
    Could you add the patch_roam-TM.sh also if you get the chance?
    Sure, I put them both up until 1.2.1 hits. I'll see if I can update them for 1.2.1 soon after.
  17.    #97  
    OK, it should be back up now.
    Thanks very much, works perfect. I'm currently using the non-TM one. I've noticed that roaming doesn't really kill the battery any faster than not roaming.

However charging the device while having the roam only option selected doesn't seem to charge the phone at all. Has anyone else experienced this?
  19.    #99  
    OP updated for WebOS 1.2.
    Thanks Fain the updated patch works great