1.    #1  
    One complaint people have had is that they can not create an email distribution list to email multiple people, without having to add each person to the "To:" field of an email one-by-one. I found a little workaround that you can use to fix this (as discussed in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post1767297 -- Post #3, summarized below)

1. Go to contacts and create a new contract for the Distribution Group
    2. In a single email address field, type all the emails separated by a ";"... e.g. "email1; email2; email3; etc"
    3. Create a new email and search for that group contact instead of each individual contact! That's it!!!

Now, it's a little extra work to get this set up, but a simple workaround for that is to email yourself from a computer a list of the email addresses, hit "reply" on the email to make the text editable, highlight/copy the text, and then paste into the "email" field of the contact.

Note that I only tested this with a Palm Profile contact...I can not vouch for a google or exchange contact.

Hope this helps
    Hummmm, interesting.

It's such a shame we have to come up with tricks like this to do things such an awesome device should be able to do.
    Thanks!

This is a good one. It will be in the next version of the Tips and Tricks!

- Craig
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    Hummmm, interesting.

It's such a shame we have to come up with tricks like this to do things such an awesome device should be able to do.
    Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I don't know of any other mobile device that has this capability.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Moved from the Palm Pre forum to the Palm Pre Tips, Information, and Resources forum.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    This is a basic old school function on palm devices dating back before smartphones. Palm has never had a device that did not support categories. You could add as many contacts to a category as you choose.

Depending on the PIM software pre loaded on different branded devices i.e. Sony, Palm, Handspring, Zodiac etc you might not have the ability out of the box, but lots of 3rd party apps had the category functionality tied to email and messaging.

On Windows mobile devices I had to load third party app to do messaging to a category group.
    any idea if this could work for Text contacts as well? I have sevral teams I manage and had Text lists set up on my BB. I would like to get the same or similar set up on my Pre. Thanks
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmolter View Post
    any idea if this could work for Text contacts as well? I have sevral teams I manage and had Text lists set up on my BB. I would like to get the same or similar set up on my Pre. Thanks
    I actually use Super COntacts Plus with the unlimited sms patch to do my mass SMS'ing. I am the directoey of a Hockey program and need to text my people with updates and schedule changes frequently and this works for me!
    thks.. Good tip
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jobito8 View Post
    thks.. Good tip
    At this point, I would recommend the "Mailing List" app... does this a lot easier and much more flexible (also allows both email or SMS distribution lists)