1.    #1  
    I made the mistake of duplicating the music on my Pre by syncing it via media sync to a playlist on my iTunes. Then I synced it to the same playlist via the MissingSync Program for pre. Opps. How can I remove the duplicate songs?

I attempted un-checking the "sync music" box on the missing sync program and then re-syncing my phone, but that did not get rid of the music
    I also attempted pulling my phone up as a usb drive and then finding the files and removing them. and re-syncing. that also didn't work.

Any help would be fabulous!

I'm procrastinating updating my Mac software (specifically iTunes) because I know it will completely prohibit use of my Pre with itunes. I wanna get this music off of here.
    One thing I've noticed is that the file system on the Pre can be easily corrupted. It doesn't seem to be very good about reclaiming space when files are deleted, and just leaves a huge chunk of wasted space.

Try running Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility). Select the Pre disk, and click on repair. It will examine the file system, and reclaim any unused space.

If that doesn't do it, you might have an orphaned "iPod_Control" folder that you will need to delete manually. Since it's hidden from the Finder, you'll need to delete it through Terminal.

Open Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal) and type this command.

Code:
    rm -rf /Volumes/PALM\ PRE/iPod_Control
    Type it EXACTLY, as above, including all capitalization and symbols.

That will remove the iPod_Control folder from your Pre. If you don't find that the free space on the phone has changd, you might need to open Disk Utility again and run another repair.

Hope that helps.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for the help.

I was borderline intimidated when I read you're reply. I was able to get rid of the music via iTunes. But I did do the disk repair like you recommended anyways.

Thanks again!
    Disable MediaSync, it will delete the iTunes files.

RTFM :-)