Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    So how can you learn to "jailbreak" the pre cause I wanna do that to mine and give it like a theme and all with the sounds that come with that theme
    Quote Originally Posted by zexhexinferno View Post
    So how can you learn to "jailbreak" the pre cause I wanna do that to mine and give it like a theme and all with the sounds that come with that theme
    The place to start learning would be webos-internals.org... That should get you started.
    my head hurts
    please read all the comments
    people have already told you where to get the information you need
    go to the homebrew section or the web OS Development section
    you can get all the information there
    but be warned "rooting" your pre is not for novices
    if you really want to customize your pre learn Linux programing
    or wait till Active Home Screen for Palm Pre comes outif that's what your looking for
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The place to start learning would be webos-internals.org... That should get you started.
    Here's a link: Main Page - WebOS Internals

This should have been the first answer you got.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    What can a "rooted" Pre do and is it worth the trouble? I have some homebrew apps on board but that's about it...
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    you can tether it, use the camera flash as a flashlight, theme it, forward texts all kinds of cool stuff
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    To root into a Pre means you have access to it's Linux OS and filesystem. You can alter anything you want in the filesystem.

While many homebrewed apps do not require you to have access to the Pre's linux OS, there are special apps that do require rooting since it alters certain files that wouldn't be possible with the SDK. You also can hack/modify files to change boot up colors, sounds, etc.

Some examples:

Confirm Deletion on Email - WebOS Internals
    Hidden Features - WebOS Internals
    Backing Up via Rsync - WebOS Internals
    I am currently developing a homebrew app store. And I may have to have a Windows/Mac installer to install services I may need.
    Moved from Palm Pre Forum to Rooting + Jailbreak Thread.

- Craig
    i'm trying to put themes and everything on my palm pre but i'm having a real real big problem on getting preware or web os downloaded. can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Desiree90 View Post
    i'm trying to put themes and everything on my palm pre but i'm having a real real big problem on getting preware or web os downloaded. can anyone help?
    What type of problems are you having?

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    ok i know this sounds a bit on the cheesy side and towards Apple and iPhone....but i was wondering if there's like JailBreaking the Pre like you would in the iPhone.

This honestly would be pretty cool to do

If anyone knows of an App similar please share cause that would be great
    You don't have to jailbreak a WebOS device. It's open by design. Just enable developer mode, connect with novaterm (I think it's novacom on windows), and you will be root at a busybox shell.

I just wish palm would have made luna run as a nonpriviledged user, and then allowed us to 'officially' make mojo apps that are front ends to powerful linux commands underneath. Having to write a java service for that kinda sucks.

But I digress. Look here: Main Page - WebOS Internals
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12