Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Well I think palm should have their own software option to back things up.
    When I charge my Pixi to my Computer using USB (also have a Touchstone charger) it asks me via a 3-message pop-up "Synch, USB Drive or Just Charge") anybody else get this?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    When I charge my Pixi to my Computer using USB (also have a Touchstone charger) it asks me via a 3-message pop-up "Synch, USB Drive or Just Charge") anybody else get this?
    That is default behavior. If you plug into something that is not a computer (car charger, for example), it simply enters charge mode without asking.

There are Preware patches to change that behavior.
    Last edited by notcalvin; 04/08/2010 at 01:42 PM. Reason: elucidation
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    That is default behavior. If you plug into something that is not a computer (car charger, for example), it simply enters charge mode without asking.

There are Preware patches to change that behavior.
    Nah. Me likey!
    The Pre spec says 8GB, ~7GB user available. When I look at it as a USB drive, Properties matches this 7GB number. Presumably these two are the same physical memory. In my case about 1GB is used. So contacts, calendar, memos, etc must be in here someplace. Where? Why can't a disk image backup program (like Acronis TrueImage?) completely back up my Pre? [not syncing is OK with me; I'd make daily backups. I'm leery of letting outsiders be responsible for my data, especially when I never know if it's {not}working until I need it].

thanks
    I don't need to backup my files. My PRE IS AWESOME!!! Have a little faith.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Nice work!

I finally got a round to reading this whole thread.
    Does anyone know how I can back up my messaging. I
    I find that I've been changing my pre out so often, I keep losing all my mesages & missed calls. Microsoft has a service called MyPhone that synchronizes all SMS messages online!
    any other programs work?
    navidp, how did you get MyPhone to work with your PRE? It says it only for windows phones.
    Wow awesome write up. I'm gonna have to give these a shot.
    I've been doing the side-load and while it works, it's not so convenient when not at THAT PC. Know what I mean dood?
    So if I'm sending my phone to Palm to be replaced, there is NO WAY to backup everything?? Apps, game stats, text messages, etc??
    I haven't used this yet for a restore but DrewPre built a homebrew app that SHOULD get your through a Doctor / phone replacement. I think it is called simply PreBackup. I only use it for my Personal Info (call log, sms, etc..) and Browser data. I do not use it for Media since I back these up regularly to my PC via the USB sync..

Here you go:

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...backup-utility

I would read the last 5-8 pages of the thread to understand the restore process.

Hope this helps.
    This looks interesting. Now that HP has bought Palm, I wonder if the BackUp process will be improved on future WebOS devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    [I]

Use webOS Backup. Your Palm phone will automatically backup Palm contacts, calendar events, tasks, passwords, settings, and apps from the App Catalog every day. To verify that automatic back up is on, tap Launcher then Backup and make sure Backup is turned on. You can also "Backup now."

- Craig
    So a restore from the cloud will reload paid apps from the App Catalog, or does it simply allow you to download it again for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    So a restore from the cloud will reload paid apps from the App Catalog, or does it simply allow you to download it again for free?
    Yes, in the event that you have to run the Doctor and need to restore all of your info from the cloud, your paid apps will automatically download back to your device. If any don't download, you can manually download them from the app catalog for free. Once you purchase them, they are yours.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Thanks! great info!!
    Last edited by Lucki; 06/08/2010 at 12:31 AM.
    Great thread....needed this info!
    'Cause, remember: no matter where you go... there you are...
    Yes.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast