Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 101
  1. #61  
    Can you give some more sample question and answers. How great your info is! It really useful for me. Thanks.
  2. #62  
    like others i had to run webos due to the OS messing up. Anyways when i put in my palm account information i had NO contacts in there. Needless to say i am ****ed. I have no back ups, no softcopy or hard copy of any phone numbers anywhere. PALM and Sprint need to get this fixed ASAP. the only thing i have are the photo's i backed up manually by putting it into USB mode. Anyone have any suggestions?
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbruhn77 View Post
    like others i had to run webos due to the OS messing up. Anyways when i put in my palm account information i had NO contacts in there. Needless to say i am ****ed. I have no back ups, no softcopy or hard copy of any phone numbers anywhere. PALM and Sprint need to get this fixed ASAP. the only thing i have are the photo's i backed up manually by putting it into USB mode. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Where do you store your contacts? Are they in Gmail, you mail, and where were they prior to your Pre? If you have them in Outlook, csv the files to Gmail and click sync. If you have them in Gmail, click sync. If you had them in Yahoo, csv your files to Gmail, set up a Gmail account and then click sync.
  4. #64  
    is there just a way to get all of my numbers to send from my phone? I dont get it I have tried everything I could think of but I cant get all of my numbers to send from the phone it would be nice to have a computer copy of all of them in one place
    HELP!!!
    thebenjij#aol.com
  5. #65  
    Very nice, Using synctoy now.. going to look at songbird or one of the other apps mentioned.

    Thanks.
  6. #66  
    Anyone know if the default Palm backup backs up "memos"? I know it will backup tasks but I started using a lot of memos recently.
  7. kmax12's Avatar
    Posts
    315 Posts
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    #67  
    check out this true palm pre back up utility: Palm Pre True Backup Solution In the Works? | The Mx Web
  8. #68  
    Thanks for the tip about SyncToy. Is it comprehensive? Apps and all? Media (wallpaper, music,etc)

    aka: if I only backed up with SyncToy could I restore my phone exactly back to how it was if I were to erase it? (not that I plan to)
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazerDogs View Post
    Thanks for the tip about SyncToy. Is it comprehensive? Apps and all? Media (wallpaper, music,etc)

    aka: if I only backed up with SyncToy could I restore my phone exactly back to how it was if I were to erase it? (not that I plan to)
    It's not comprehensive. It won't bring back your bookmarks or anything that you had to root your Pre to add, this includes tweaks. However, if you have a stock Pre, it'll do you good. It will even copy the hidden Media files that you had from iTunes.

    Unfortunately, with the 1.3.1 update, my Pre can no longer be seen when I tap media. Thus, I wouldn't suggest adding hidden playlist that can only be seen through your software.
  10. #70  
    guys i have a question. i know the phone says that it backups everyday. but where is that back up going? how do i know where it is being backup. and how do i get it in case i need to recover the information?
  11. #71  
    Thanx
  12. #72  
    I think that Palm Pre is the weakest feature. Well, there was no problem when I worked with Palm Treo 680!!! I'ma Google!
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
    Anyone know if the default Palm backup backs up "memos"? I know it will backup tasks but I started using a lot of memos recently.
    I've just tested it, and yes, Palm does. Very unfortunate for me, as I am trying to delete all my memos because on initial setup, my Pre imported over 500 memos from my PalmDesktop. I want to get rid of all these and start again.

    All this trouble because Palm didn't think to offer a "delete all" option for memos!

    Anyone know how I can delete all memos?
    Last edited by fishiazza; 02/27/2010 at 03:30 AM.
  14. #74  
    Has anyone actually worked out how to back up SMS messages yet? I've used synctoy and its great for everything ( all my app data) except I can't find the SMS messages. My onscreen keypad has stopped working when I'm on the phone so calling the bank is a problem or any company that has one of the "press 1 for this, press 2 for that" systems so have to do a hard reset (full erase) but can't lose my SMS'.

    Thanks
  15. #75  
    Awesome! Another great tutorial. Thanks!
    YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!!

    Palm Pre
    Bell Mobility

    Patches: 4x4Iconsv1, Add Date MM/DD,Default to Month View, Device Warning Temperatures, Enable Add/Delete Pages, Glass Effect, More Reminder Times, SMS to Two Seconds, Unhide Dev Mode, Unthrottle Download Manager
  16. #76  
    Wasn't Palm supposed to come out with its own desktop solution for this?
  17. #77  
    If only the Pre had removable media.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  18. Dre007's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #78  
    Gmail sync is enough for me :-)
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Wasn't Palm supposed to come out with its own desktop solution for this?
    Bump!
  20. #80  
    I guess there's still no good way to back up conversation / messaging history on a Pre? I am experiencing some minor problems and as always, Palm support's solution is to doctor my Pre, which I'd be happy to do except for one reason: I'd really like to keep my messaging conversations.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions