1.    #1  
    I just bought my pre about a week and a half ago, and multiple times the clock has been incorrect. The clock gets a few minutes fast, right now it is 7 minutes fast; I power my phone off and then power it back on and the time goes back to the correct time, but it's been incorrect multiple times not just once. The time does not always become incorrect so I don't know what is going on, but it's happened multiple times to make me know something is wrong with my pre. I'm also one of the people with a pre that drains battery life at about 10% an hour, even with GPS and wifi and bluetooth off; it pretty much drains at that rate in standby mode (I charged it to 100% before bed, then I woke up to find that the battery was dead again when I had no apps running).

Has anyone heard about problems like this, is my pre just defective? I really really really like my pre, but I don't like having a battery that lasts me half a day and a clock that isn't right =[
    goto the launcher and open the date and time app see what your settings are... manual or network and go from their.
  3.    #3  
    it's on network time, it seems to randomly speed up and slow down as it is now back at the regular time. not sure what is causing this since it's not manual times.
    Last edited by krusenkevin; 07/16/2009 at 08:07 PM.
    I am having this same problem. My clock keeps drifting ahead. I rebooted yesterday and it reset to correct time but today it is about 15 seconds too fast.
    Went to the Sprint store yesterday for this problem. They said it wasn't a known problem so a tech took the phone for an hour. He said they had to flash the software. It didn't fix anything - right now my clock is almost 20 minutes fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccayanan View Post
    Went to the Sprint store yesterday for this problem. They said it wasn't a known problem so a tech took the phone for an hour. He said they had to flash the software. It didn't fix anything - right now my clock is almost 20 minutes fast.
    I took the phone off network time and it appears to be running on time now.
    My clock is too fast too, everyday it feels like it adds a few minutes, I have it set on manual time just so that I don't have to turn it on/off to fix it. Before when I had it on network time I'd turn it on/off and that would be fixed, but now I just maunally adjust it. But it would be great if .... well, the clock would work the right way, lol

Any fixes yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    My clock is too fast too, everyday it feels like it adds a few minutes, I have it set on manual time just so that I don't have to turn it on/off to fix it. Before when I had it on network time I'd turn it on/off and that would be fixed, but now I just maunally adjust it. But it would be great if .... well, the clock would work the right way, lol

Any fixes yet?
    yes... i fixed mine
    Quote Originally Posted by brandoncjr View Post
    I just bought my pre about a week and a half ago, and multiple times the clock has been incorrect. The clock gets a few minutes fast, right now it is 7 minutes fast; I power my phone off and then power it back on and the time goes back to the correct time, but it's been incorrect multiple times not just once. The time does not always become incorrect so I don't know what is going on, but it's happened multiple times to make me know something is wrong with my pre. I'm also one of the people with a pre that drains battery life at about 10% an hour, even with GPS and wifi and bluetooth off; it pretty much drains at that rate in standby mode (I charged it to 100% before bed, then I woke up to find that the battery was dead again when I had no apps running).

Has anyone heard about problems like this, is my pre just defective? I really really really like my pre, but I don't like having a battery that lasts me half a day and a clock that isn't right =[
    i'm getting this issue now! I just noticed it was 7 minutes too fast. % put it in airplane mode and then took that off and it fixed it but it's only a temporary fix. My GF's pre is totally fine and we both have it set to network time! What could be causing this? Is it hardware?
    Trotsky held the ketchup bottle in his hand and dispensed some of the thick sticky red paste into the bend of his plate, before picking a fire, dipping it in the tomato ketchup and plucking it into his mouth, while saying:
    Genevieve