1.    #1  
    I literally got my phone less than a week ago ordered it July 6th to be exact and I awoke to very bad news when my alarm went off. To my agony of having to wake up my screen was not responding to my touch. I dropped it on the floor when it slipped off of my touchstone before i went to sleep but it was working still because i sent a text before going to sleep. Is this manufacturer or me?

P.S. I have soft reset it using the keyboard multiple times and even swapped and put in my 2nd battery well could be my first i dont really keep up with it
  2.    #2  
    I Just Had My Worse Sprint Customer Service Experience Ever To Make A Long Story-Afternoon- Short I Was Unable To Recieve A New Phone From The Store And Had To Spend Nearly An Hour On Hold B4 I Tele Sales Gave In And Sent Me A New Phone In The Mail 2-5 Day Wait Of Course
    Was your phone insured?
    SUNSPOT
    Arena Rock for Geeks
  4.    #4  
    no because it's the first thirty days
    that was the the store with a pre available excuse
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    My screen works then stops working. I've had my phone since launch day so the 30 days won't work for me. Im going to stop by sprint to see if they will replace it right there without going through the insurance. I'm posting this from my pre but it was hell to get here, the screen now sometimes work only when the keyboard is open. Weird.
  6.    #6  
    the screen started working again today like 24-36 hours after freezing and stopped again occasionally today idk if it was something inside the phone or wat but im glad i can make use of it till my replacement arrives
    Quote Originally Posted by sunspotwendy View Post
    Was your phone insured?
    Quote Originally Posted by coff3_Blak View Post
    no because it's the first thirty days
    that was the the store with a pre available excuse
    You can optionally buy insurance when you purchased the phone. (The insurance is called "Total Equipment Protetction" and costs $7/month from Sprint. sunspotwendy did not purchase insurance and has a similar problem. She told them she dropped her Pre and noticed that it was not working afterwards? Did they ask you if you dropped it? Did you say yes or no? (Your answer might help Wendy to get some traction or change of mind at her Sprint store.) thx

Quote Originally Posted by EMPOLLA View Post
    My screen works then stops working. ... I'm posting this from my pre but it was hell to get here, the screen now sometimes work only when the keyboard is open. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by coff3_Blak View Post
    the screen started working again today like 24-36 hours after freezing and stopped again occasionally today idk if it was something inside the phone or wat but im glad i can make use of it till my replacement arrives
    EMPOLLA and coff3_Blak:
    You're lucky that your's is intermittent. Can you figure out whether it looks like it's the proximity sensor or the screen backlight (or something else) that is malfunctioning? Ie: when the screen is working, try both the phone app and a non-phone app (ie: email) maximized and note whether the screen goes off when you put the phone near your face. Normally, only the phone screen will only blank out this way when you are on a call.

Next test things like turning the phone upside-down or at different angles to see if you can get it to go on or off. Please communicate any observations/conclusions here. (I'm thinking that maybe there is a loose connector that powers the backlight.)

If the screen is off and you want to try and get it to go back on, try holding the phone in one hand and moving your hands togehter (like putting a baseball into a baseball mit) and see if doing this right/left, up, down, or etc. can cause the phone to go back on. Older Palm devices used to have a friction-fit plastic ribbon connector that would cause screen problems when jarred loose. If you can observe behavior that supports this, Wendy might have info to let her know her problem is similar, and then she can complain to Sprint about a manufacturing defect rather than being out $550 for a new phone.

thanks,
    --
    Bob (advocating for Wendy here)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    You can optionally buy insurance when you purchased the phone. (The insurance is called "Total Equipment Protetction" and costs $7/month from Sprint. sunspotwendy did not purchase insurance and has a similar problem. She told them she dropped her Pre and noticed that it was not working afterwards? Did they ask you if you dropped it? Did you say yes or no? (Your answer might help Wendy to get some traction or change of mind at her Sprint store.) thx

EMPOLLA and coff3_Blak:
    You're lucky that your's is intermittent. Can you figure out whether it looks like it's the proximity sensor or the screen backlight (or something else) that is malfunctioning? Ie: when the screen is working, try both the phone app and a non-phone app (ie: email) maximized and note whether the screen goes off when you put the phone near your face. Normally, only the phone screen will only blank out this way when you are on a call.

Next test things like turning the phone upside-down or at different angles to see if you can get it to go on or off. Please communicate any observations/conclusions here. (I'm thinking that maybe there is a loose connector that powers the backlight.)

If the screen is off and you want to try and get it to go back on, try holding the phone in one hand and moving your hands togehter (like putting a baseball into a baseball mit) and see if doing this right/left, up, down, or etc. can cause the phone to go back on. Older Palm devices used to have a friction-fit plastic ribbon connector that would cause screen problems when jarred loose. If you can observe behavior that supports this, Wendy might have info to let her know her problem is similar, and then she can complain to Sprint about a manufacturing defect rather than being out $550 for a new phone.

thanks,
    --
    Bob (advocating for Wendy here)
    My problem is the screen not responding to my touch and between my last post and now my screen had stopped responding again so im back were I started but my phone if shipped like my current phone will arrive today
    My Wifes Pre screen stopped working after the first 24 hours. It was lit bit that was it, no inputs would be accepted. Got a new one from sprint in mail in 2 days. My is working fine. Go figure!
    Glassguy
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irtsysop View Post
    My Wifes Pre screen stopped working after the first 24 hours. It was lit bit that was it, no inputs would be accepted. Got a new one from sprint in mail in 2 days. My is working fine. Go figure!
    Glassguy
    I guess its just a smaller problem like one that i could live with if it wasnt one of the many many problems......i love my pre been waiting since november for it and i know i cant rush the nice folks at palm but dey got a lot of things that need to be addressed in the area of the actual phone hardware.
    I had my first issue with the screen not working last night. After multiple resets, popping the battery out multiple times, it still didn't work. So I decided to try moving the slider up and down a few times quickly (not hard, but just consistent up and downs) and it brought it back. It's been good since, but now I'm wondering if it's going to happen again.

I've had my Sprint Pre since Feb 2010 and it's had no other issues and never been dropped or had any force on it.