Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To go back to charging without unplugging the phone:

On your computer double click on "My computer"
    Right click on the Pre in the list of drives
    Select eject from the context menu and it goes back to charging only.
    My touchscreen on my pre stop working and I could not get the data or my precious pictures off of my favorite electronic item in my life.Sometimes is best to go to the source to fix things. I chatted with Palm for 20minutes and they fixed my problem with no frills. It took me 4 weeks to call them; guess I am the *****.

Make sure battery is charged. Make sure palm is on. Plug to computer. The three options will come up on the screen.

Hold down the: 'Orange' key + 'Sym' key + 'U' key simultaneously. (All at once for about 3 seconds)

The USB mode will start and you computer will recognize your phone as such and you can begin to drag and drop all your data and pics.

Might have to get a little help, my fingers were too big to press all at once.

This will work if done right!
    It worked for me.
    For the help I shall never leave palm, and the tweaks put my phone right up there with Iphone.
    Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    From Palm: Press the Orange key, SYM key and "U" key simultaneously.
    thank you, thank you and thank you...
    Thank you guys so much! I've had problems with my touchscreen on and off, but tonight, it just won't work at all!
    I was able to use this advice to get into the usb mode, backup everything, then get into usb mode and run web doctor. And now I have touchscreen! I've been reading other forms that say lack of touchscreen is caused by a pinched cable and that sometimes, plugging the usb cord in is enough to wiggle the cord enough to make it work. So I don't think it's solved as far as hardware goes, but at least it's wiped clean and next time it gives up on me, I can take it back.

I've also been wondering if my touchscreen freeze could be a software issue. I know the hardware issue is well-established, but it seems like the more crap I put on my phone, the more often I run into glitches. I have a theme with animations and about 20 million photos that I hadn't removed. So maybe..maybe.. it was software... I hope. Keep your fingers crossed. Driving 80 miles to replace my phone isn't fun!
    Okay... nevermind. 24 hours and the screen went dead again. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by acnrvp19 View Post
    My touchscreen on my pre stop working and I could not get the data or my precious pictures off of my favorite electronic item in my life.Sometimes is best to go to the source to fix things. I chatted with Palm for 20minutes and they fixed my problem with no frills. It took me 4 weeks to call them; guess I am the *****.

Make sure battery is charged. Make sure palm is on. Plug to computer. The three options will come up on the screen.

Hold down the: 'Orange' key + 'Sym' key + 'U' key simultaneously. (All at once for about 3 seconds)

The USB mode will start and you computer will recognize your phone as such and you can begin to drag and drop all your data and pics.

Might have to get a little help, my fingers were too big to press all at once.

This will work if done right!
    It worked for me.
    For the help I shall never leave palm, and the tweaks put my phone right up there with Iphone.
    Enjoy!
    It Worked for me I bet there is a way to limp along and use the keyboard too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    From Palm: Press the Orange key, SYM key and "U" key simultaneously.
    This worked for me. Thank you! I have spoken with several support people at Palm and none of them have been able to help me with this!
    this is great news..I had my screen go dead after 2 months on a brand new phone. It was replaced by bell with a refurb. over a years use on the replacement and no problems with touchscreen. Good to know if problems happen I can get my data off.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12