Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    all of a sudden there's not audio during a call (not sure if they can hear me). I can hear the person if I switch to speakerphone mode and they can hear me for sure, but I hear nothing when I switch out of speakerphone mode

I already tried turning the phone off then on and it didn't fix the problem. any ideas?
    Last edited by DiGiTY; 07/11/2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: solution found
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    okay, so its working now. i turned it off and removed the battery for 10 - 15 minutes before putting it back in and turning it back on.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I have had this happen to me to, but switching between handset and speakerphone reset it for me. I has probably happened to me twice and I have only noticed it since the last update, but the key point is noticed.
    I just started having this problem too! Not a single problem with my Pre until this a few days ago. Do you think this started with 1.0.4? Toggling the speakerphone did not fix it. It also seems like the in-call proximity sensing has stopped. The screen does not turn off when it is next to my head and my ear is pressing the battery icon or bringing up their contact profile consistently. I have had the phone off once since then, but haven't tried leaving the battery out yet. I will report back on that.
    Search for 'stuck in headset mode'
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem. I've read the "stuck in headset mode" threads, but they don't address the proximity sensor issue, at least for me. And I don't know why mine would get "stuck" in headset mode - I don't use headphones with it at all.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I had the same thing happen today. I tried rebooting it and taking out the battery but still didn't work. I had to send it back to sprint and they gave me a new one (still lass than 30 days old). The tech said he tried to fix it but it's much simpler to just give me a new one.
    play music while the headphones are in then pull the head phones out and hit play.. worked for me.. its been going on b4 the update FYI do a search for
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Search for 'stuck in headset mode'
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Yes, I too had issues. Used the stock headset and it worked for about 5m when suddenly the audio went out again... I have a replacement phone on order.
    I assumed it was "stuck" in headset mode because I often use my mine with headphones and into the aux in of my car. However, I have been doing this for a while, and this new problem just started last week. If it is indeed a new issue introduced by 1.0.4, then it is a shame that Palm is encouraging RMAs instead of fixing the buggy code.

its been going on b4 the update FYI do a search for
    Hmmm, just read that closer. I was hopeful that it was just software. I am worried if I have to trade it for a new one that I will get an oreo. Oh well.
    Last edited by emkman; 07/13/2009 at 06:03 PM.
    I can hear the person if I switch to speakerphone mode and they can hear me for sure, but I hear nothing when I switch out of speakerphone mode. I already tried turning the phone off then on and it didn't fix the problem
    its working now. i turned it off and removed the battery for 10 - 15 minutes
    I'm picking this very old thread because yesterday I suffered exactly the same as the original poster: Had no audio at all in calls, couldn't hear anything, and I'm sure the other side didn't hear me at all.

It's true that the old "stuck in headset mode" problem existed, I suffered it, but since webOS 2.x it never happened. And most of all, the phone is NOT confused, it knows there's no headset plugged in.

So I was very scared, as I thought both the microphone and earpiece broke, with no further explanation. The symptoms persisted even after a couple of restarts.

But today, after a battery pull, I have audio again. Just like DiGITY two years ago.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...