Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    alright so last night was the first night that my pre died completely... i woke up pretty early this morning and popped it on the touchstone, then later on i noticed it was off, i tried turning it back on and nothing...

so i plugged it into the wall charger thinking it will get a faster charge. i did make some progress, but ive been letting it charge for about a half hour to 45 mins and it still wont turn on... if i try it just stays on the battery screen.

i tried flicking the ringer switch and holding the power button

i even tried taking the battery out and putting it back in... still goes to the charging screen and then a screen comes up with a plug and an outlet (letting me know i should charge)

tried connecting it to my PC... red charging battery still

i read around and saw that some people were having this issue and a simple power cycle (unplugging the battery) seemed to fix the problem for them...

has anyone else had this issue as bad as me? how long should i let it charge before doing anything else (i dont even think its really charging though )

PLEASE HELP!!!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Resolved!

In my room I get bad service but when I go to an upstairs room its better, so I decided to try and use an outlet in the upstairs room (thinking maybe the pre is trying to connect even tho is off) after a little while it turned itself back on... I'd say about 20 or 30 mins after I tried the new outlet ... Maybe an hr and a half of charging all together. Hope this helps others
    I had the same issue. I could not get Pre to recover on charger A. Moved to charger B, and Pre booted after several minutes.

Unfortunately, I had to go out, so I turned Pre completely off. When I connected it to charger A, it returned to original problem. Had to use charger B to recover again. Now works with either charger.

Both chargers are USB hubs with power supplies.

It would appear that there is a software bug as in this state, Pre appears to try to reboot every 10mins or so but just blinks and returns to battery icon.

Or the hardware is very sensitive to the USB voltage.

Or some other reason?!?

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by SnapperMail View Post
    I had the same issue. I could not get Pre to recover on charger A. Moved to charger B, and Pre booted after several minutes.

Both chargers are USB hubs with power supplies.
    That's your problem. If your battery drains too low, you need to charge it via an ac outlet.