1.    #1  
    Also see the PreCentral Getting Started Guide.

Forum Guidelines
    PreCentral is family friendly and does not allow profanity, name-calling, insults, spam, or references to sex, violence, politics, race, etc. See the Forum Guidelines for details. Click the I in the red and white triangle Δ under a user's name to report a post. See the Forum Guidelines and FAQ.

In order to make a post you need to register. It's fast and free and you will instantly have access to a number of new menu options and features including the ability to make a post.

Before you Create a New Thread
    First use the Search tips to make sure that there is not already a thread on this topic.

How to Post
    Once you have registered, just click the New Post button at the top of a Forum.

Make Thread Title Descriptive
    When you post a thread, don't simply post "Help Me", "Problem", "Question", etc... as the thread title. Please use a descriptive title to gain views and assistance. Something like "Can't delete email" is better than "Help Me!".

Please Include the Link
    Once you have made 10 posts you can include links in your posts. Don't say "Do your own search!" Give the link to the other threads or websites. Just type the text you will apply the link to, highlight it with your mouse, and click the Insert Link button on the editing window menu.

Link to a Thread
    To insert a link to a thread (this thread in this example), you can use this shorthand:
    [thread]191810[/thread] or
    [thread=191810]Click Me![/thread]

to insert a link like this:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/showthread.php?t=191810 or
    Click Me!

Link to a Post
    To insert a link to a posy (this post in this example), you can use this shorthand:
    [post]740910[/post] or
    [post=740910]Click Me![/post]

to insert links like this:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/showthread.php?p=740910 or
    Click Me!

Make a Popped Link
    Putting a normal link in text may never be noticed.

A "Popped" link does get noticed.

Just click the Insert Link button as normal then click Colors button and choose a color, then the U button to underline.

Add a Link to an Image
    [URL="http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2099181#post2099181"] [IMG]http://forums.precentral.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=45936&stc=1&d=1272985891[/IMG][/url]

...is an example of an image that is linked to an address:

Bold, Italics, Underline
    [b]bold[/b] [i]italics[/i] [u]underline[/u]
    bold italics underline

Color
    [color=blue]this text is blue[/color]
    this text is blue

noparse
    [noparse]noparse show the codes but does act on them [/noparse]

Left
    [left]This text is left[/left]
    This text is left

Right
    [right]This text is right[/right]
    This text is right

Center
    [center]This text is centered[/center]
    This text is centered

Indent
    [indent]this text is indented[/indent]
    this text is indented
    Strikethrough
    [s]strikethrough[/s]
    strikethrough

Symbols
    Press and hold the Alt key as you type a number below to get the corresponding symbol:
    127 Δ
    7 •
    30 ▲
    15 ☼
    31 ▼
    27 ←
    16 ►
    26 →
    17 ◄
    29 ↔
    24 ↑
    25 ↓
    23 ↨

Other Special Characters
    ™ ∞ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ● ♪ ♫ – — … ◄— − ← → ■
    ☀ ☁ ☂ ☃ ☄ ★ ☆ ☇ ☈ ☉ ☊ ☋ ☌ ☍ ☎ ☏ ☐ ☑ ☒ ☓ ☔ ☕ ☖ ☗ ☘ ☙ ☚ ☛ ☜ ☝ ☞ ☟
    ☠ ☡ ☢ ☣ ☤ ☥ ☦ ☧ ☨ ☩ ☪ ☫ ☬ ☭ ☮ ☯ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✆ ✇ ✈ ✉ ✌ ✍ ✎ ✏
    ✐ ✑ ✒ ✓ ✔ ✕ ✖ ✗ ✘ ✙ ✚ ✛ ✜ ✝ ✞ ✟✠ ✡ ✢ ✣ ✤ ✥ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✪ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✮ ✯
    ✰ ✱ ✲ ✳ ✴ ✵ ✶ ✷ ✸ ✹ ✺ ✻ ✼ ✽ ✾ ✿ ❀ ❁ ❂ ❃ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❇ ❈ ❉ ❊ ❋ ❍ ❏
    ❶ ❷ ❸ ❹ ❺ ❻ ❼ ❽ ❾ ❿ ➀ ➁ ➂ ➃ ➄ ➅ ➆ ➇ ➈ ➉
    ➘ ➙ ➚ ➛ ➜ ➝ ➞ ➟ ➠ ➡ ➢ ➣ ➤ ➥ ➦ ➧ ➨ ➩ ➪ ➫ ➬ ➭ ➮ ➯
    ➱ ➲ ➳ ➴ ➵ ➶ ➷ ➸ ➹ ➺ ➻ ➼ ➽ ➾ ← ↑ → ↓ ↔ ↕ ↖ ↗ ↘ ↙ ↚ ↛ ↜ ↝ ↞ ↟
    ↠ ↡ ↢ ↣ ↤ ↥ ↦ ↧ ↨ ↩ ↪ ↫ ↬ ↭ ↮ ↯ ↰ ↱ ↲ ↳ ↴ ↵ ↶ ↷ ↸ ↹ ↺ ↻ ↼ ↽ ↾ ↿
    ⇀ ⇁ ⇂ ⇃ ⇄ ⇅ ⇆ ⇇ ⇈ ⇉ ⇊ ⇋ ⇌ ⇍ ⇎ ⇏⇐ ⇑ ⇒ ⇓ ⇔ ⇕ ⇖ ⇗ ⇘ ⇙ ⇚ ⇛ ⇜ ⇝ ⇞ ⇟
    ⇠ ⇡ ⇢ ⇣ ⇤ ⇥ ⇦ ⇧ ⇨ ⇩ ⇪ ⇫ ⇬ ⇭ ⇮ ⇯ ⇰ ⇱ ⇲ ⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

There are many other great formatting commands that are a part of vBullitin.

- Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/04/2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Added "Make Thread Title Descriptive"
    thanks
    What is the function of the "Saved Search Preferences" in the Forum advanced search?
    ok has anybody figured out how to forward text? I was told the resent update was suppost to let u ?
    Quote Originally Posted by supercross250 View Post
    ok has anybody figured out how to forward text? I was told the resent update was suppost to let u ?
    I think this has been one of those big "complaints" that people have been having about the Pre... I don't think it was actually updated in 1.2, but once Webos comes out (Jason says it'll be by today, but don't give him a hard time if there's a delay! ), it should have a tweak to do it.

Hope that helps.
    great tutorial!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Well done and worth reading.
    I think it would be helpful if you had a separate, bulleted item that says something like "Make the title of your post descriptive" and not just "Help me!" or "This phone stinks." If it's an app, name the app in the title. If it's a process or procedure, same - name it. That way, when others have the problem, a search might actually turn up something.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    noparse
    noparse show the codes but does act on them

and

Strikethrough
    [s]strikethrough[/s]
    strikethrough

where 2 codes i was looking for... Thanks!!