Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Sure , its a killer on any phone.

You need a car charger when you use it for more than 10 mins.
    It seems that anything using the internet constantly or being in a low signal area drains the battery fast. I can watch videos, listen to music and play games for a lot longer than surfing the net or being in a crappy cell signal spot.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Sprint TV also drains like a champ. As for Sprint Nav I've never used it without having it plugged into the car charger.
    Navigation programs kill the battery in any device quickly be it a laptop, portable GPS, or cell phone.

Nothing new here...
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    My experience with Sprint NAV was a little different; I was able to use it for about an hour and a half with no serious battery drainage. It was weird, but I was happy with it. My TomTom and Google maps couldn't find an address so I switched over to TeleNAV on the Pre and it found the address and worked GREAT (just like it did on my Instinct).

I can't be happier with it (oh, and for the future, just in case it does eat up the battery, I have a car charger for the Pre and also a TomTom in the glove box).
    Is it true that having alot of contacts from synergy drains battery also?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Thanks for the great tips, got my Pre last week.
    Last Saturday my 5-day-old Pre died on the Palm car charger while using Sprint NAV in central Vermont.

I'm going back up there tomorrow and have my fingers crossed that either the 1.1.0 update or another week of battery break-in leaves me with a usable phone.
    Coming from an HTC Titan, the Pre's battery life is fantastic. You can't expect a phone that does so much to have the battery life of a generic "only a phone" type of cell phone. Its annoying, but thats the way it is.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by virtual-human View Post
    Last Saturday my 5-day-old Pre died on the Palm car charger while using Sprint NAV in central Vermont.

I'm going back up there tomorrow and have my fingers crossed that either the 1.1.0 update or another week of battery break-in leaves me with a usable phone.
    Be aware not all chargers are the same. Be sure you are using one rated with a 1000ma output. The chargers with a lower output will not be able to provide enough power to match the device's consumption. I had this happen to me repeatedly with a Treo800w. A lesson to learn.
    Also, fwiw, keep that baby as cooool as possible. The battery performs way better when it's kept cool.
    Until technology allows us to advance from Lithium-ion battery technology we are all going to have to make the best of what we have. The phone is way more advanced than current available battery technology. Period.
    There is no spoon
    Watch out. Apparently, this is a very sensitive topic for some folks around here. They'll tell you that updates are imminent that will significantly increase battery life!
    Quote Originally Posted by clindner View Post
    Watch out. Apparently, this is a very sensitive topic for some folks around here. They'll tell you that updates are imminent that will significantly increase battery life!
    I agree with that statement....execpt for the word "significant"
    There is no spoon
    Just got rid of my third Pre for that reason - back to the world of BlackBerry. At least they can last a couple days in normal use. Just couldn't take it with the dead phone issues due to poor battery performance. pretty much loved the Pre otherwise (aside from cheap feel...) I may give Pre vol. 2 a shot if it's not a slider and not battery-weak.
    The paranoia about the think dying mid-day was killing me.
    By the way, I have an extra usb wall charger and adapter thingie for the Pre in case any of you are in NYC...

I might give Sprint's Android offering a shot this fall:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...his-year-is-g/

Looks interesting.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Great tips thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    By the way, I have an extra usb wall charger and adapter thingie for the Pre in case any of you are in NYC...
    that felt off topic
    i'm in nyc
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post

I might give Sprint's Android offering a shot this fall:

Sprint's Dan Hesse says Android coming to Sprint this year, is glad to have waited

Looks interesting.
    And you think the Pre has bad battery life? Wait till you see the rock solid performance that this baby will get you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    Until technology allows us to advance from Lithium-ion battery technology we are all going to have to make the best of what we have. The phone is way more advanced than current available battery technology. Period.
    You act as if the phone dies minutes after being turned on. It's not too advanced for the battery. In fact, it's a testament to low-power technology development that allows us to continue to use LI-ION batteries in such devices. We're not stuck with some age old Palm V here.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    And you think the Pre has bad battery life? Wait till you see the rock solid performance that this baby will get you.
    That's what I was thinking...
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast