Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oren217 View Post
    how do you only use 10% over 11 hrs, when i use 15% over 8 hrs when im sleeping n not even using the phone?? that makes no sense unless your settings are different... i dont have any overclocking patches on my pre either.....
    Maybe he's using an aftermarket high-capacity (2600mAh) extended battery like this one:

http://store.precentral.net/seidio-i.../8A37A5770.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    Maybe he's using an aftermarket high-capacity (2600mAh) extended battery like this one:

other than making pre a lil bigger and no cases for it yet .. i LOVE this battery
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it

For sure this definitely would give about 1%/hr drain rates, however I have had a few reports from people with the same results on the stock 1150 but that is because they turn off all day or majority of the day, or simply aren't using many of the base smartphone features such as data, email, social networking, etc.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    did they come out with a longer-lasting battery yet?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

Nope, original stock battery. Sprint Pre, almost exactly 1 year old.
    As I said. Wifi on and usually in a good wifi network, Data on. Two polling email accounts set at 30 minutes each (don't tell me "As mail arrives" is better. It's absolutely not, and my battery life is proof of that). I get and read emails regularly, but don't reply to them on my phone. I don't run any chat services continuously (Yahoo, AIM etc). Receive a few text message a day. Syncs against Google Contacts/Calendar and Palm profile. I long ago found that Yahoo Contacts profile was a huge battery sucker and removed it. Regular nightly backup enabled. Screen brightness at 20%.

Lessee.. When did I last post? 7/12 at 2:17 pm. Battery was down to 90% after 11 1/4 hours. I'm on the same charge and it's what 30 1/2 hours later.. Battery down to 46%. Total is 41 3/4 hours, 54% used.. which is 1.3%/hr That's just about exactly normal for me. When I
    get to 60 hours on standby, I'm usually a little under 25%.

If I spend some more out out of the home and office, out and about town, my standby
    time goes down to about 40-48 hours. Obviously less time with more usage.

Oh, and I do have an overclockable kernel installed, but I either leave it set to
    stock (500Mhz) or screenstate (500Mhz when screen is off and 720Mhz when on)
    so it doesn't affect my standby time, which is the same even with stock kernel.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 07/13/2010 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cshiver85 View Post
    did they come out with a longer-lasting battery yet?
    I believe there are 7 after market solutions: 1350, 1400 (both fit in the stock back), 2250, 2600, 2800, 3800mAh (these bigger ones have their own custom backs).
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    other than making pre a lil bigger and no cases for it yet .. i LOVE this battery
    I am very happy with the "Nite Ize Backbone Case for Palm Pre" (http://store.precentral.net/nite-ize...4A25A3542A.htm) that I purchased from PreCentral. It is big enough for my Pre with Seido 2600mAh battery installed, and even has a little interior pocket where I store my headphones.
    Palm: V > M505 > Treo 700p > Prē
    Apple: iPad 1
    I have one of the golla bags with a ring thing for clipping it to a belt or belt loop or any other thing one would clip to. and it has two pocket areas one behind the flap and one zipper at the back. Behind the flap is good for credit cards drivers license etc. Zipper one is good for micro fiber cloth or other misc non credit card like stuff. Nothing bulky though cause with the 2600 it takes up the leeway for a BT headset. I'm actually planning on buying a different style one now that I've had the one I got for awhile.
    do those "after market" batteries charge with the touchstone?
    so i have HORRIBLE battery life. my battery actually jumps from 40 to 35% life to 0 and saying will turn off soon. does anyone else have this problem with battery life. should i stop overclocking? should i just get a new battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    do those "after market" batteries charge with the touchstone?
    With DIY modification. I know of one person on the forums who has been modding the 2600 battery door for that.

Quote Originally Posted by markae6 View Post
    so i have HORRIBLE battery life. my battery actually jumps from 40 to 35% life to 0 and saying will turn off soon. does anyone else have this problem with battery life. should i stop overclocking? should i just get a new battery?
    There may be something wrong with the battery or worst case the portion of the device that makes contact with the battery contacts. First some questions. How long have you had the device (or battery if newer than the device)? Have you ever cycled the battery (gone from 100% to auto power off)? If so how frequent do you do so? Is the battery seated firmly in place and making solid contact with the device contacts? One or more of these answers may indicate how to proceed. Oh one last one when you say "jumps from 40 to 35% life to 0 and saying will turn off soon" do you mean like almost instantly or is there a significant duration of time though not as long as expected?
    i am on sprint and have a pre. i have found that if i disable the data in phone preferences when in a bad reception area, my battery lasts forever. i still get phone calls and text messages and it seems that this is the single most important thing anyone can do to save battery power. i haven't read all the posts but putting the phone in airplane mode is equivalent to not having a phone at all.

since it is easy to switch on and off, i believe there is no problem in enabling it just prior to using the data, leaving the card active and disabling it again as soon as i am finished.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jon0604 View Post
    i am on sprint and have a pre. i have found that if i disable the data in phone preferences when in a bad reception area, my battery lasts forever. i still get phone calls and text messages and it seems that this is the single most important thing anyone can do to save battery power. i haven't read all the posts but putting the phone in airplane mode is equivalent to not having a phone at all.

since it is easy to switch on and off, i believe there is no problem in enabling it just prior to using the data, leaving the card active and disabling it again as soon as i am finished.

Interesting, I shall try this. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    If it turns out they determine nothing to be wrong extended battery ...

it has turned out the pre is all ok. They see nothing in it. The carrier has given my phone back today.

Tomorrow i'll see if the battery is better than before going to the sap (it wouldn't be the first time they change something and don't tell).
    If it is not better, well... i'll buy the extended battery and see.
    extended battery is the way to go
    Quote Originally Posted by jon0604 View Post
    i am on sprint and have a pre. i have found that if i disable the data in phone preferences when in a bad reception area, my battery lasts forever. i still get phone calls and text messages and it seems that this is the [B]single most important thing anyone can do to save battery power
    YES!
    about 2 weeks ago i was prompted that there was a new software update, 1.4.1.1, which i already had installed. figured whats the harm in installing it again. went ahead and did that and after it was all said and done, the battery life shot way up. i dont know what happened and why it told me to update after i already had 1.4.1.1 installed, but it helped my battery!

thought i should share this.
    well... as markae6 told, this midday i've seen my pre battery showing 30%, i asked it to connect to wifi and went immediately to 0% !!
    (ok, here at home i do not have a perfect telefone network... but... only from 9 to 13h??

it is time to buy an extended battery!
    Anytime there is an instantaneous jump in the percent remaining like 30% to 0% it can be one of a few things: battery meter needs calibration (100% to power off), battery isn't making good contact with device, battery has gone bad, or device hardware for the battery has gone bad. These are in the order of most likely to least likely cause. If it ends up being a bad battery then I personally recommend to buy an extended one for the replacement.
    Love reading a few of these posts once and awhile. LOVE all the people that post: "shut off every single feature of the phone" Makes sense to turn it into a cell phone from 1997 to conserve battery life lol. I leave the features on and charge the phone constantly, to each his own I guess.