Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Not for nothing, but you are starting to push it. There is a very helpful and supportive here at PC, but you haven't even gotten your Pixi yet and you have asked a bunch of questions that have been asked many times. Most people use the search button and resarch simple subjects on their own. No offence but I think it's about time for you to try it yourself.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Actually, i've had my pixi a full 24 hours so far. My bad, theres a ton of threads and some of them didn't have the specific answer i was looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Actually, i've had my pixi a full 24 hours so far. My bad, theres a ton of threads and some of them didn't have the specific answer i was looking for.
    They all have your answer, you can google pre battery life and get some good tips, would even be quicker than waiting for responses. But heres a tip, cycle your battery 3 or 5 times and use it for long than 24 hours before making a judgement on battery life.

For the hell of it try this http://blog.treonauts.com/2009/06/palm-pre-battery-life-tips.html

and this
    http://www.brighthub.com/mobile/palm/articles/43340.aspx

and maybe this
    http://blogs.bnet.com/businesstips/?p=5070

all easy reads.
    And you might also want to read this
    http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

That's what I did when I first wanted to know about battery
    Last edited by pip smith; 05/19/2010 at 10:14 AM.
    Wait a minute! You've only had your pixi for 24 hrs? How do you even know how the battery life is unless you've read it on here?

I believe you are just trying to up your post count.

BTW If you type battery in the search box you would get hundreds of answers.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Wait a minute! You've only had your pixi for 24 hrs? How do you even know how the battery life is unless you've read it on here?

I believe you are just trying to up your post count.

BTW If you type battery in the search box you would get hundreds of answers.
    speaking of post count....1600?!? sheesh go to work...
    SuzukiGS750EZ - here, this should help: http://tinyurl.com/3x3r7bl
    phones don't kill batteries, people do.
    yeah.... no i'm not trying to up my post count. I, unlike many others, do not strive for excellence in that department. I was asking because my prior experience with a vast number of cell phones, the reading i have done about the pixi, and the use of other smart devices i have had has lead me to know that they have short battery lives. I figured i'd come here because you guys seem to know what you're doing. No need to get upset... anyways, i'm out and about a lot so i was just looking for some good info from experienced people about how their battery is and what they do about it. I didnt mean for you to come in here and start biting my head off.
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post
    SuzukiGS750EZ - here, this should help: Let me google that for you
    you can actually just go to lmgtfy.com. Been there done that.
    THey aren't trying to bite your head off. It's just that lots of redundant threads clogs up the search results for us when we search. And search must become your new friend. Here is an example thread that has what you need. There are usually "sticky" threads at the top of each section that covers common questions, and battery is a common question.

Welcome to the wonderful world of PreCentral, and and to the even MORE wonderful world of webOS...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ving-tips.html

if you scroll back up in this thread, there are several other threads listed that will also help you. You will find this to be the friendliest and most helpful community of ANY smartphone...
    Thanks cant. I totally missed that. Stupid me. I'm still figuring out the site and the OS. I think i mostly have it down, i had some problems getting preware on last night, tried to learn as much as i could before the phone got here, but i guess i shouldn't have... and yeah. The pixi is kind of slow, hopefully it will get sped up in the future. can i put any of the fast card patches on the pixi or are they all for the pre?
    as far as I know, the patch description will specify when it it Pre Only. For sure the overclocking stuff wont work, but the fast card flashing stuff should work. Always read those descriptions before installing.

Before doing much else, find the thread on the save/restore app and how to use it with Preware. It won't give you 100% backup, but it's pretty good and getting better.

hint: search for "holy grail" to find that thread...

and remember, the Pre has a different (and stronger) CPU, WiFi, etc. SO it isn't just a difference between a slider and a candy bar form factor.
    toggle data off when your not using phone or on wifi. Toggle wifi off when you have no connection. Device menu remix helps with that. Update email manually. Turn off whatever your not using. Top bar patches are battery hogs. Stay close to a charger.
    joedisaster -- why do you think top bar patches are battery hogs? I don't have that many (show date, show temp, flashlight) and I did not notice a drop in battery life after installing them. That being said, my understanding of this particular OS is not very good so I might be overlooking something.
    thanks - great info!
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post
    joedisaster -- why do you think top bar patches are battery hogs? I don't have that many (show date, show temp, flashlight) and I did not notice a drop in battery life after installing them. That being said, my understanding of this particular OS is not very good so I might be overlooking something.
    I agree, I wanna know what you mean man. I'm using Battery Percent White w/ Teal Charger and Red @12%. And the show Date DD/MM.

Battery killers?
    My battery life is pretty terrible. I've have this phone for almost a week and it really hasn't changed. I have the AT&T Pre Plus. I have wi-fi on(doesn't really make a difference in battery life, on or off), screen state set to 500mhz and 800mhz, and all I was really doing during this monitoring was texting one person and the phone was locked besides that. I've been seeing people get below 1% drainage per hour and mine is at over 7%? It was even higher, around 12% drainage per hour earlier. Could there be a problem with my battery? I can barely make it through the school day on a charge with pretty light use. I can't post the screenshot of my battery monitor though, because I don't have 10 posts yet.
    I find my battery lasts longer if I turn off the Wi-fi when I'm not using it.

How often do you have your pre check for email update and how many email accounts do you have set up? Myself I have 5 but I only have 1 check every hour, The others I refresh myself.
    If you choke a smurf what color would it turn?

SCP-8100 by Sanyo> Treo 300 by Palm> Hitachi SH-G1000> VI-2300 by Sanyo> LX150 by LG> MM-7500 by Sanyo> MOTORAZR™ V3m by Motorola> M330 by Samsung> MOTO Q9c by Motorola> Palm® Pre
    I was wondering the same I get around 7%. The best you can do is sign out of aim, keep email and Facebook notifcations either to "as item arrives" or something <hour. Gps off. I don't know whsy else to do brigtness down to 18%. Not much more I don't see how ppl are getting 1%
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by roncgizmo View Post
    I find my battery lasts longer if I turn off the Wi-fi when I'm not using it.

How often do you have your pre check for email update and how many email accounts do you have set up? Myself I have 5 but I only have 1 check every hour, The others I refresh myself.
    I do have it off normally, but I didn't for this test. I have one account and it updates when new items arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    I was wondering the same I get around 7%. The best you can do is sign out of aim, keep email and Facebook notifcations either to "as item arrives" or something <hour. Gps off. I don't know whsy else to do brigtness down to 18%. Not much more I don't see how ppl are getting 1%
    Yeah I do all that, except I didn't know about facebook, but I'll change that now too. People must hardly use their phones to get that low or something.