Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Touched a nerve there didn't I? At what point did I say the Pre sucked? [...] You however, are obviously brainwashed by your Pre and can't possibly acknowledge the fact something might not be 100% satisfactory (ie, battery life). Guess what, the battery is terrible, I don't care how you try to cover it up. I like my Pre, what I hate is the fact that I can't be away from a power source for 5 hours.
    Maybe I also hit a nerve, failboy Because I never once said the Pre was perfect. In fact, I'm generally pretty outspoken about its shortcomings, and battery life is one of its biggest ones. Saying that a fault is not exclusive to Palm is NOT an attempt to cover the fault up; just take the statement at face value. I'll say I overreacted, but the general sound of your post was so smug that I immediately shortcircuited and got into overly defensive post mode.

And good luck getting a telephone that will let you have all IMs on all the time, GPS on all the time, emails syncing as they arrive (game set and match for Blackberry's Push in this department) without sucking your battery dry within hours. Sure, you might get a few more hours than on the Pre, but still.

And really, fail is totally a verb. I know you're a highly educated ivy-league graduate with doctorates in seven different disciplines and know your way around this language without a map, so the only reason you're using it as a noun is out of internet peer pressure and a desire to look cool, but as a fellow member of the intelligentsia, I beseech you not to do it. Contrary to popular belief, leading scientists agree that making yourself look dumb does NOT make you look cool, but only makes you look dumb. Who would've thought, right?
    [QUOTE=Cantaffordit;2458000]the battery gets better after you've cycled it a few times.
    ....so true!!! When I 1st got mine it died in 5 hrs..now it will last me a good 10 hrs and I'm on twitter alot..
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticX View Post
    i find i can get about 6 days worth of power if i turn on airplane mode.

but with it off... bout 6 hours...
    How was the "call quality" in airplane mode?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I had the same issue, when you're sleeping put it in airplane mode. And let it die completely a couple times and it will prolong your battery life.
    I use my phone quite regularly, and don't have much turned off. I leave email, messaging, and Outline Tracker open at all times, and I can easily get 12+ hours of use, even with a couple hours worth of browsing. And with the CPU running at 720MHz.

Oh, and AnandTech did a recent article on one of the newer phones (Incredible, I think) with browsing usage shown in terms of battery life, and they all suck, and I can guarantee I can get roughly the same browsing time as listed for the other phones (including iPhone3GS) because I've put in as much as 3 and half hours of heavy browsing and still had around 30% battery.

I think the biggest culprits are the brightness settings and the signal strength. The phone comes with the brightness up WAY too high for normal use. Unless your are outside in the sun, you never really need to be brighter than 20%.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpalmsss View Post
    I had the same issue, when you're sleeping put it in airplane mode. And let it die completely a couple times and it will prolong your battery life.
    There is a patch called Battery Saver that will put it in airplane mode for you at a predetermined time. I use it so those drunk dialing wrong numbers don't wake me up, and the battery doesn't drain over night...
    Quote Originally Posted by xenioss View Post
    btw whats a luna restart
    That's when NASA has to re-boot the moon.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    That's when NASA has to re-boot the moon.
    seriously...
    Quote Originally Posted by xenioss View Post
    seriously...
    Luna is the GUI for WebOS. It's the launcher, the background, the notifications, etc, etc. A luna restart is when the GUI is restarted.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Yeah, welcome to the Pre a device I must flee!
    Sorry my friend the battery super sucks in general..And don't even use chat homie your battery will die within 1 hour. I'd give you 100 bucks if im lying!!
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybananas View Post
    I must be lucky. My ATT Pre+ has been unplugged since 7:30AM, and it's now 5PM (9.5 hours). And I've got 47% left.

Here's what I've done with it so far today:
    About 40 total SMS texts.
    Installed about 25 patches (none of which are hardware related like cpu control) and launching Preware a bunch of times.
    Restarted luna like 4 times.
    Used the web browser for maybe total of half hour.
    Sent a few moderately length emails.

I'm also on original battery. I'm not sure if this helped my battery life but I leave no apps opened. After I'm done, I flick them off, unless I know I'm gonna be using it for the time being (like SMS conversation for a few minutes).
    THis has to be a flat out LIE!!!!!
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Totally Possible. Why would u say its a lie? read up on how batteries work on Palm phones then report back
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Touched a nerve there didn't I? At what point did I say the Pre sucked? At what point did I say it had to be better than the iPhone? I'm not the one with the excuse "...but the iPhone is the same" every time someone points out a flaw. That would be the ******* on here. You however, are obviously brainwashed by your Pre and can't possibly acknowledge the fact something might not be 100% satisfactory (ie, battery life). Guess what, the battery is terrible, I don't care how you try to cover it up. I like my Pre, what I hate is the fact that I can't be away from a power source for 5 hours.

thanx for the gRamer leson, i fele so inlighted by ur amazeeng enteligents. duh har har
    +1
    I'm actually getting some amazing results iwth teh UberKernel/Screenstate Govanah. When my pre's idle, it's dropping to 125Mhz and when in use to 720Mhz/800Mhz (not sure which I'm going to go with). Last night i was at 80% when I went to bed, awoke this AM at 48%. Charged it on the way to work adn back, never made it to full charge, but as of this post at 11pm I'm still at 11%.

Anyone else notice this? I'm gonna charge up fully tonight and see what happens tomorrow. Normally I barely make it from 7AM to 7PM
    im getting amazing results with my govnah set on performance and min and max set at 800... went to bed last nite at 100% and woke up this morning at 81% and thats with wifi running the whole time, and my gmail drawing as they arrive

also, i just dont see how its the end of the world, having to charge your battery.. do you people not have car chargers... are you away from electricity for days on end.. i mean come on
    Last edited by hatchettjack; 05/18/2010 at 01:15 AM.
    Get the "lower minimum brightness" app, then turn the screen back light down to the lowest. With that set, it's easy to get through each day with at least 30% left.

Keeping GPS off would help,but not too much as long as you don't keep Google maps open. I think the GPS goes into powersaving mode if not in use. I've forgot to turn off GPS several days and didn't notice a hit in battery life.

Logging out of I'm really does help a lot.

I don't use bluetooth, so don't know about that.
    True, the battery life is the wost issue Pre has. Rest assured that after few cycles of fully charge-discharge, it'll improves a lot.

Having said that, I still bought 2 extra batteries and have them with me when I work. 3 batteries last me a 24hr call day.
    As long as I have a good signal I can make it through an eight hour work day. I listen to podcast audiobooks all day too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dguidry12 View Post
    THis has to be a flat out LIE!!!!!
    Different people have different experiences based on different factors such as signal strength, frequency of use, use of wifi, etc. Doesn't mean they are lying.

Let's keep it civil, please.