1.    #1  
    Is there a way to delete all (or most) of the emails in the inbox at once? It's a pain to delete them one at a time -
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    No I dont think its possible as of yet. Swiping each email off the screen works a little quicker than tapping the trash can icon for each email though.
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I have been doing the swiping motion - but was hoping for a more elegant solution when there are more than a handful...Oh well
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    If it makes you feel any better, many are saying that it is very likely in the works. Possibly in a upcoming update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Davejm74 View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, many are saying that it is very likely in the works. Possibly in a upcoming update?
    This still needs fixing as when an email is opened it alerts the sender that the email has been accessed. Spam and junk mail is increased and a nuisance to recipients. Opening one at a time in order to delete is cumbersome. Please somebody, get a fix quick.
    I would start a new thread but I do not see a post a new thread icon on this forum. When I delete an email from my fastmail.fm IMAP account on my Pre2, the email is automatically deleted from the server. IMAP is not supposed to do this. There is no setting in the Pre2 email client nor in fastmail.fm's website to prevent this from happening.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freebirds View Post
    When I delete an email from my fastmail.fm IMAP account on my Pre2, the email is automatically deleted from the server. IMAP is not supposed to do this.
    Well, IMAP is supposed to do exactly this -- it's two-way synchronization, so changes made on the phone should propagate to server. But...

Quote Originally Posted by freebirds View Post
    There is no setting in the Pre2 email client nor in fastmail.fm's website to prevent this from happening.
    ...while I know nothing about fastmail.fm system, in webOS mail account preferences one can set trash folder to store "deleted" messages.
    I opened my trash folder and clicked on preferences. There is no option to set trash folder to store "deleted" messages. Nonetheless, the deleted emails are in the trash both on my Pre2 and on my laptop. However, it will be too difficult to remember to look in the trash folder on my laptop for emails I deleted on my pre2 but need on my laptop. For example, I need to either download an attachment and file it in the correct folder or unzip the attachment first or copy the body of the emails into a text document.

I purchased Internalz file manager in HP apps catalogue and was very disappointed that it is not integrated with the stock email client. On my Pre2, I cannot download an attachment to a folder. I cannot copy the body of an email into a plain text file that is in a folder. Can't see folders.

I don't want my Pre2 to delete emails from the server when I delete it from the Pre2's inbox. Any work around?
    You should setup your e-mail as Pop3 then, then you only have one way sync on your Pre2 and can delete e-mails there... but you'll also have to delete e-mails that you already deleted on your laptop and so on.

The best "work around" would be to stay with IMAP and just ignore the e-mails you can not process on your Pre2, until you process them on your laptop and delete them there. (You can swipe away the new e-mail notification without hurting anything, you know that?). One way to do this would be to create a new folder, for example in the inbox, and just move the mails there, for example call it: "TODO" or something.
    Garfunso, thank you.