Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By atalbert
  • 1 Post By ethanallenk
  • 1 Post By petvas
  1.    #1  
    I finally broke down and bought a Pre yesterday. I was fooling around tonight and tried to copy some ringtones from the SD card that I used in my Treo 700p. I copied the folder (already named 'ringtones') from my SD card onto the USB mounted Pre. But instead of combining the contents as usually happens in windows, somehow it replaced all of the original ringtones with the ones I added.

I have found and copied the modified for volume (i.e. louder) ringtone set - however I would really like the originals as well. My searches have turned up empty. Can anyone help?!?!?!?

TIA,

t
  2.    #2  
    Is anyone willing to post a zip with all of the original ringtone files?
    Quote Originally Posted by terryg View Post
    Is anyone willing to post a zip with all of the original ringtone files?
    PM me your email address...
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Under device info, select reset options...use full erase to wipe yourphone and restore it back to out of the box state (ringtones will be restored)...then simply go thru the setup again to have the Palm server restore all your cal and contact info.
    Quote Originally Posted by scott500 View Post
    Under device info, select reset options...use full erase to wipe yourphone and restore it back to out of the box state (ringtones will be restored)...then simply go thru the setup again to have the Palm server restore all your cal and contact info.
    That is a bit crazy just to get ringtones back...
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Did you notice this article?
    http://www.precentral.net/louder-pal...ingtone-volume

Not exactly the same tones as they are boosted, but may be more helpful.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbobman View Post
    Did you notice this article?
    http://www.precentral.net/louder-pal...ingtone-volume

Not exactly the same tones as they are boosted, but may be more helpful.
    Did you actually read the OP post?!?
    No
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Did you really need to rant? I hope you feel better now.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    If you get your hands on the leaked SDK you can get the default ringtones from the storage there. Just connect to it using WinSCP or the like and copy them out of /media/internal/
    Quote Originally Posted by gbobman View Post
    Did you really need to rant? I hope you feel better now.
    That wasn't a rant. You recommended something he already said he did.
    Rant defined:

1. to speak or declaim extravagantly or violently; talk in a wild or vehement way; rave: The demagogue ranted for hours.

I simply posed a question.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceburn68 View Post
    PM me your email address...
    Hi,

I wiped out my ringtones also. Should have known better than to be doing things when I was tired, had my grandson running around, and a cat jumping on my lap!

Could I impose on you to send me the default ringtones also? I have downloaded the volume increased ones but would like to have the originals and don't want to do a reset.

I can't PM you because I have't reached the required number of posts.

Thanks.

Tony Talbert
    labacci likes this.
    I too have accidently wiped my defaul ringers. I tried the louder ones, but they are really TOO loud....I was startled near half to death twice by the vol (embarassed to have to change short once). If I turn the vol down, then I cant hear the SMS/Email chime as well. Does anyone have the default ringers availible....please?
    labacci likes this.
    It happened to me too. Does anyone have the default ringtones?
    labacci likes this.
    I found the ringtones and uploaded them on my Website: ringtones.zip - Windows Live
    did you ever get the original ringtones? I too wiped them.....uuugggh. Any suggestions? I dont have a windows love account(if yo follow the post to the end). Thanks, Craig
    Thanks for posting. I too had wiped mine and the "louder" ones seem a bit saturated.
  18. srd
    (Copy and paste links, I can't post them since I have less than five posts.)

here are the ringers posted above: cs.ucsb.edu/~srd/palmpre_default_ringers.zip

The archive contains the following:
    Anticipation.mp3
    Discreet.mp3
    Dulcimer.mp3
    Flurry.mp3
    Guitar.mp3
    Older Phone.mp3
    Pre.mp3
    Rain Dance.mp3
    Scamper.mp3
    Triangle.mp3

And here are two from the treo 650 that I find singularly effective as alarms:
    cs.ucsb.edu/~srd/Bach_Partita.mid
    cs.ucsb.edu/~srd/Bach_Sonata.mid

If anyone wants the default 650 ringtones, PM me and I'll edit this post with a link.
    Last edited by srd; 04/23/2010 at 05:40 PM.
  19. mt8
    @srd.

Thanks for those 650 ringtones. I use them as a backup alarm clock