Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks!
    This is a great tip and has been moved to the tips forum.

- Craig
    This has been a very helpful tip. Thanks for the advice.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    i think is this phone that is having the problem, cuz all my other phones thru sprint never had this signal thing gong crazy all day, 1 bar then 5 then 2 then 4, etc. It's not the network, the network its pretty even all around and excellent but i think palm should look into this on their next software upgrade
    Actually, my HTC Touch Pro did it as well. It didn't matter what ROM I used either.

EVDO only is 5 bars strong. I'm switching to 1x so I can get calls and will enjoy having a battery that lasts

Thanks for the tip
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Does any notice that the time changes whenever you switch between Hybrid Rev A and EVDO Only?
    It seems like when I change it to 1x only, it improves the whole phones performance. Must have something to do with the fact that the phone doesn't have to constantly decide between 1x, EVDO, or roaming...?

-Jon-
    Fantastic tip! 18 hours off the charger today and I'm at 48% charge with Wifi on all day and several calls totaling about 50 minutes today.
    With Quick Cut I have created a launcher icon I called "Mode" that brings up the screen to allow easy changes.
    Laissez Faire
    QUICK TIP: If you add ##3836# as a contact, it will save you the trouble of having to remember the hack and entering manually each time you want to use it. Just be sure to give it a name that you'll remember so you can find it with universal search.

I noticed when I switched to EVDO Rev 0 only, I didn't get text messages, but the web and Pandora worked (though there was a bit of a lag on both), and as soon as I switched by to Hybrid Rev A all the text messages I missed came through.
    Then how do you get out of ##3836## ?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    i know this is nitpicking but, 1x or 1xRTT is technically 2G, 1G is when sprint had wireless web, and data used minutes in your plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by H Lee View Post
    Then how do you get out of ##3836## ?
    There's a "close" button.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    On the screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by H Lee View Post
    On the screen?
    Yep.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Can anyone tell me why ##3686# doesn't do anything when I dial it. It supposed to allow me to switch to 1xx
    It's ##3836# (evdo) .. You mixed the 6 and 8.
    GREAT TIPS!!! THANKS TO ALL!!

Questions: how do you all know these keypad configuration shortcuts (EVDO, Debug, etc.)?? Curious... and I'm on WiFi and 1x only with Battery Monitor on.. checking usage.

Also note, even full charged the monitor app shows initial% at 95, 98, 99, etc. never 100 .:shrugs:. Maybe I should get a new battery, I have a launch day Pre [no returns] =)
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    There's nothing wrong with your battery! It's caliberation is off .. Just drain it all the way ( almost dead but not completely i.e. ~5 % left ) and then charge it completely! That should reset it's meter and indicate the correct value.
    iPhone 4(sold) : Palm Pre(sold) : HTC EVO 3D: Nokia E71-2: BB Bold (work)

Other Toys: '07 M5 : '08 LS7
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    So with 1xRTT only, Ony my Web Browsing and Streaming capabilities will be factored, But i will still recieve all my Phone Calls, and Text Messages with no problems?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 90awdsm View Post
    So with 1xRTT only, Ony my Web Browsing and Streaming capabilities will be factored, But i will still recieve all my Phone Calls, and Text Messages with no problems?
    Yes, you will. Just at slower speeds. All non-data stuff will work just like they do in Hybrid mode.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast