Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    wasnt there a thread that people (me included) had issues switching the pre to 1x......
    So make sure you are getting calls and text messages after you hack this.
    I get calls & texts just fine in 1xRTT. The only problem I ever had was in forcing EVDO; if I did that then my times would be totally wrong.
    I get an error when trying to set to anything in that ##evdo# menu

Any reason?
    When I enter ##evdo# I get a screen that says "EVDO Mode" and then under that it says "Data Mode: Hybrid Rev A". But I have no other options. Sounds like the rest of you have other options?
    I just switched it from Hybrid to EVDO only and the signal levels are now staying at steady at 5 bars. Could the reception problems be all due to the Hybrid mode getting confused?
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba View Post
    When I enter ##evdo# I get a screen that says "EVDO Mode" and then under that it says "Data Mode: Hybrid Rev A". But I have no other options. Sounds like the rest of you have other options?
    Try tapping on the word "Hybrid Rev A"
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I'm looking at the screen. Can someone tell me what the differences are between 1xRtt, EVDO, Hybrid and the Rev 0 ? I would love to know to see what works best for me.
    I too would like to know this
    I reset it and now I could save it to Evdo only but now I am not receiving any cell signal.

I have an airave I wonder if that is an issue
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    I just switched it from Hybrid to EVDO only and the signal levels are now staying at steady at 5 bars. Could the reception problems be all due to the Hybrid mode getting confused?
    I just did the same thing and, after only having 1 to 3 bars of service, I now get a full 5 bars steadily. It must have something to do with the hybrid mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    I too would like to know this
    Yes add me to this list as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Try tapping on the word "Hybrid Rev A"
    Thank you.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I'm looking at the screen. Can someone tell me what the differences are between 1xRtt, EVDO, Hybrid and the Rev 0 ? I would love to know to see what works best for me.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but:
    1xRTT is going to be your slow ~140kbps data
    EVDO is the new "3G" technology that gives us faster data rates (500-1000 kbps)
    EVDO Rev 0 is the older version of EVDO, which is faster than 1xRTT but slower than EVDO Rev A (About 300kbps)

Hybrid mode will switch between 1x and EVDO depending on your coverage. You can also force the phone to stay on either 1x, EVDO Rev 0, or EVDO (Which is Revision A)

Keeping it on 1x will use the least amount of battery, keeping it on EVDO and Hybrid will use the most.
    Do any of the modes prevent you from jumping on another carrier's data network if roaming?
    didnt know that turning off notification will still give me the envelope icon, cool.. thats all I need

just turned off my notifications
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba View Post
    Do any of the modes prevent you from jumping on another carrier's data network if roaming?
    I don't think so but someone would have to confirm. I would assume that if you set it to 1xRTT only, you would just use 1xRTT on roaming unless you had data roaming disabled.
    There is definitely something funky going on. I switched it to only 1xRTT and it had solid 5 bars inside my home with airave.

When I left home I switched it to EvDO only and it had much better signal and internet connection reliability.

I think the Hybrid modes are a definite issue. It seems to confuse the phone and it constantly scans for both.
  17. bbr
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Whenever I set mine to EVDO only my phone won't receive calls. The person calling will hear it ring and eventually go to voicemail but my phone won't ring the entire time
    Warning: big issues with EVDO only. Please search for the other thread for more complete info, but you won't get calls or txt msgs in EVDO only, and your GPS won't work either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Warning: big issues with EVDO only. Please search for the other thread for more complete info, but you won't get calls or txt msgs in EVDO only, and your GPS won't work either.
    Hah, damn I just found that out

The internet works great though lol

Palm needs to fix this issue ASAP
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Yup, i just confirmed this. Back to hybrid mode I guess?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast