1.    #1  
    So I used my pre throughout europe at wifi hotspots without a hitch.

I get home and I can't get it to work on my work wifi.

We have two wifi networks. One public (for customers) and the other private (for employees). Neither works.

The public wifi requires a security key which is a simple word. It's easy to connect to with my laptop just entering the key. However - the Pre asks for a username and password for it, and the passkey doesn't work in either field. Why would the Pre ask for a username and password when every other device just asks for a key?

The employee network does require a username and password, but when I enter it -it tells me the network requires a certificate and to contact my admin. This is embarrassing, because my coworkers iphone's simple ask if they want to connect without a certificate and it works.

Any ideas how to get either one to work?
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Here's how I got around the security issue:

1- From a laptop that I knew was able to get onto the work WiFi, I exported any cert that looked like it was a corporate cert:
    a- Start/Run/MMC
    b- File/Add-Remove Snap-In/ Add
    c- Select "Certificates"
    d- Choose "Computer Account" and "Local Computer" in the wizard
    e- Expand the list of certs and look for anything that might be from your company
    f- When you find one, right-click on it, All Tasks/Export.
    g- In the wizard, I exported everything as DER

2- Load all the certs to your Pre:
    a- Hook it up to the PC in USB drive mode
    b- Copy the cert files you exported into the Downloads folder

3- Disconnect the Pre from the PC

4- Go to the Device Info app

5- Choose "More Info" from the bottom of the page

6- Tap on "Preferences" and select Certificate Manager

7- Click on the + icon in the lower left corner-- it will show you all the cert files you put in the Downloads folder.

8- Select a file, then when prompted, choose "Trust Certificate"

At this point, you can either load up everything at once and see if it works, or go cert by cert until you find one that works correctly. I did the mass-load method, so I can't say for sure if you might need multiple certs in order to make this work or not.

Not the most straightforward way to get here, but it does seem to work.
    I also have problems getting on my corp wifi.

It uses WPA2 enterprise, and required a cert. I was able to get the cert on my pre, but now whenever I try my logon ID and password, I get "password invalid"

I know the password is good, because I am able to get on via my laptop just fine.
    I am having the same problem on corporate WiFi. The Iphone works fine with entering user/pass and connecting without certificate, but the Pre doesn't give us this option.
    I was able to get the cert to work on a corporate wpa2 network with required certificate. It came as a .p7b file and I was fortunate enough to find a "SSL Converter" web page via google and change the type to a "standard pem" and attach the .cer file to an email and import it that way. domain\username and password combo logged me right in.
    I see tones of certificates in the MMC but I have no clue which one to uses. Our network doesn't have a real valid certificate. Just the default one created by MS. Anyone have a clue which one to use?
    My network logs me on but the Pre kicks me off because it doesn't recognise any certificates.
    I see tones of certificates in the MMC but I have no clue which one to uses. Our network doesn't have a real valid certificate. Just the default one created by MS. Anyone have a clue which one to use?
    My network logs me on but the Pre kicks me off because it doesn't recognise any certificates.
    In its current state the Pre supports only a small amount of possible Authentication methods used in WPA Enterprise networks. I've gone through all this as our university also uses Enterprise for authentication. I already wrote a note to Palm via "palm.com/feedback" but I don't know if they will do anything about it.