Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I've been running orb for a couple years now. It's great, i just need to get it working on my Pre+. I finally got the regular mobile interface up, and now I don't see the stream choices??? please help.....
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    why cant someone create an orb app. like ampache(which i cant get 2 work)
    Quote Originally Posted by greenmuggy View Post
    why cant someone create an orb app. like ampache(which i cant get 2 work)
    +1
    Should add a note in the sticky about iPhone user agent causing Orb to format data for the iphone. The reason it most likely doesnt work in this mode is because it doesnt know how to hand off the video because its expecting the iphone vid player.. I knew right away it was the culprit because the way the web page came up formatted like an iphone page instead of a real webpage.

I cant get the orb to work, thre is no way to specify port options in the most recent release of orb. At least none i can find in the way described.
    I've not seen this answered, but how do you bring up the Advanced Settings in the new version?
    The "Winamp Format (.sdp)" is the only streaming setting that consistently works on my 1.4.1.1 palm pre.
    But the sound is rather poor quality and it seems to ignore the speed settings. Other formats won't work or skip too much.
    If you can't see the "stream" settings, that means your using a user agent patch that tells automatically tells Orb which stream settings to use (i.e. iPhone user agent).
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    The "Winamp Format (.sdp)" is the only streaming setting that consistently works on my 1.4.1.1 palm pre.
    But the sound is rather poor quality and it seems to ignore the speed settings. Other formats won't work or skip too much.
    If you can't see the "stream" settings, that means your using a user agent patch that tells automatically tells Orb which stream settings to use (i.e. iPhone user agent).
    once i got the iphone user agent removed, i see the good ole' orb UI. streaming settings for winamp are (.pls) it says 3GP (.sdp)....not to be picky over advice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    Yet another stranded Mac user.

This just made my day!
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

When I stream I'm getting the first few seconds of a file it eithers skips really quickly through the entire file without actually "playing" and there is no audio except a "blip" for the first few seconds. Any ideas what went wrong?
    I don't see why there is no app for Orb....i'm not habing any luck choosing a streaming media type...
    I was able to get my issue resolved by removing Orb 2.5 and replacing it with 2.0 on my WHS. Looks like the issue was with codec rather than with network.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    So I take it no one got this working between a mac and a Pre Plus?
    I've been knocking around with the Orb API. It's great until you get to actually trying to stream anything... which is kind of what Orb is meant to be all about, right? You simply don't get the level of control needed (exact codecs selection basically) to make it work via their API
    A quick update... I've managed to get a video to actually stream to my Pre app! Badly But it's a start
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    A quick update... I've managed to get a video to actually stream to my Pre app! Badly But it's a start
    please enlighten us...
    I started writing an app to test out the Orb API in webOS. Browsing an Orb library with it is really very good, highly flexible and relatively fast. The streaming on the other hand... looks to be pretty rubbish. so far I've managed to hand off the streaming of audio and video to the stock streaming audio player and video player respectively. Even over a rock solid wifi connection, a 3 GHz Core2Duo Orb server and overclocking my Pre to 800 MHz the playback experience is littered with sporadic spluttering for both.

I'm really only getting going with the streaming side of things though. I'll play with it some more but I fear the Orb 3GP streaming may well prove to be a rather large stumbling block
    Has anyone tried/been able to get ESPN3 streaming to work through Orb? They added the stream in the new version and I can get it to connect, but all I get is the frozen streaming window and it doesn't appear the server ever connects to the stream.
    Everyone that is having problems with the video streaming properly, try going back to Orb version 2.0x Not 2.5.. It fixed my problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Everyone that is having problems with the video streaming properly, try going back to Orb version 2.0x Not 2.5.. It fixed my problems.
    Orb 2.0 doesn't play nice with my XP PC...WTH...it wants to update to 2.5 badly!
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Maybe webos 2.0 will solve our stream problems because it has flash. Then again, putting any faith in flash is probably foolish. Still I'll keep my fingers crossed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast