Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    same here for not working on a mac.

nevermind...
    Last edited by johsua; 11/14/2009 at 04:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltaco View Post
    How safe is this "Orb"? Went to the site and I have some security concerns, such as opening a port on the firewall to allow access.
    lol, don't use it then, everyone's out to get you!!! They all want to steal your identity!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swiharta View Post
    Don't Remote Desktop Connect into your Windows Home Server running Orb, it breaks the streaming function for me.

I'm trying to get it working over Wifi, which will allegedly bypass Orb's servers, no luck yet though. Anyone succeeded with Orb over Wifi (on the Pre of course)?
    I use LogMeIn while streaming with Orb and there is no interruption in the stream, even streaming video at 1700kbps. Maybe Remote Desktop uses way more bandwidth than LogMeIn, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5280Primera View Post
    I am trying to get this setup on my Mac since they have released it. I can get the Pre setup but the ports and the vid format on the Mac is not possible since I can't find the same options on the Mac version. I can get pics, but no webcam or video... Any help?

Thanks!
    Yet another stranded Mac user.
    Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5280Primera View Post
    Thanks for the help.
    You got help? Care to hook a Macuser up?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    How do I get to the advanced tab in Orb v2.51.0032? If I right click on the system tray icon my only 4 options are: Control Panel, Go to Orb, About Orb..., Quit
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Has anybody caught tv streaming to work since the 1.3.1 update?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    No Mac version = huge fail for me.

Opera Unite is much easier to setup IMO & works on Win, Mac & Linux.

Opera Unite
    Mac version now available: http://corp.orb.com/en/download_orb
    Last edited by jghacker; 12/18/2009 at 05:57 PM.
    I have tried everything, but I can't seem to get anything to stream at all. I've followed all the steps, but nothing seems to work. Streaming works fine in a web browser on any other system. When I go to watch a video, or live tv, or music, i get a link that says something like "Click here to stream", and when I hit it, nothing happens. I don't even get a progress meter like its even trying to load. When I go to http://test.orb.com on my pre and go to the 3gp Player (amr & aac) section and try any of the 6 links, its like I didn't even hit the link. Nothing loads, nothing happens.

I thought this might have been due to the iPhone user agent patch I had installed, but I removed that and am still having the problem. Its almost as if the Pre's web browser has no idea what to do with the link and thus does nothing. Seems that everyone else here has got it going fine, so i'm wondering what i'm doing wrong. I have my ports set to 8080 and 555 on the server with router forwarding those ports (can't use 80 cause of a webserver on the same network), but then again, at least the test files on orb's website should work.

I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

Edit: Would Windows 7 64bit have anything to do with it? Maybe i'll throw xp on my laptop and try that.

Edit2: Nevermind, Windows 7 still wouldn't explain why I can't play the test files. Must be something with my phone.
    Last edited by cquilliam; 12/29/2009 at 03:08 PM.
    Corey Quilliam
    Palm Pre - Bell Mobility

Pre Drop Count: 1
    Current Damage: None

Accessories:
    - BSE Front Skin (meh, could be better)
    As a Mac user, Orb won't work for me either, at least as far as I can see. I have downloaded Opera Unite and have the desktop set up. Now, how do I stream files on the Pre? Any help is appreciated in advance.
    I ended up getting it working after, but it required me removing all my patches. I don't know what patch was doing it, maybe the iPhone User Agent patch was the culprit.
    Corey Quilliam
    Palm Pre - Bell Mobility

Accessories:
    Tested this theory last night, and yes, adding the iPhone user agent patch killed my Orb streams on the Pre. Removing the patch again allowed me to use Orb again.

The sad thing is, now the display of mobile Orb isn't as good. Every page I go into now i have to pinch to make it look right on the display. At least when Orb thought I was browsing from an iPhone it displayed nicely. Yes, I am using the Media Centre skin.

I'm going to try and post over on Orb forums to see if there's a way to display properly on more than just the iPhone.
    Corey Quilliam
    Palm Pre - Bell Mobility

Accessories:
    I can't seam to download any of the files with the browser download patch... any help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cquilliam View Post
    Tested this theory last night, and yes, adding the iPhone user agent patch killed my Orb streams on the Pre. Removing the patch again allowed me to use Orb again.

The sad thing is, now the display of mobile Orb isn't as good. Every page I go into now i have to pinch to make it look right on the display. At least when Orb thought I was browsing from an iPhone it displayed nicely. Yes, I am using the Media Centre skin.

I'm going to try and post over on Orb forums to see if there's a way to display properly on more than just the iPhone.
    i thought it was just me having the problem with streaming video but i finally find someone who has the same problem. i get the same message saying "iphone only supports streaming .m4v" and i kinda figured it was the iphone patch. i dont know if it would be beneficial if i took the patch off or not. i would kinda like it to be there. so if you find away to keep the patch and stream video GREAT!
    *update* I have not been able to get the ipod interface back since i removed the spoof and reinstalled it. Oh well...

I have been in love with Orb lately and just recently installed the browser ipod user agent patch. I signed in to Orb and found that there is a wonderful interface for the ipod that renders excellently on the Pre. The only problem is that there is no play button when I go to a video. If i switch to another skin it opens another browser card and renders fine, but the ipod skin is so much better. Can somebody tell me why there is no play button? Does this have to do with the way the browser streams on the Pre as opposed to iphone? Is there something I can do to keep Orb's ipod skin and watch videos? Thanks all...
    Last edited by FidelitySyndrom; 03/23/2010 at 06:12 PM.
    First of all Thanks everyone for your time and OP for great post.

I followed the steps exactly as described: Installed Orb 2.5 on my WHS (Windows Home server), opened 2 ports: 80 and 554. Set the streaming parameters on Pre and dropped the speed to 128kb/s.

The streaming "kind of" works, i.e. I can hear some music, but it breaks all the time, so I can't even listen for a singe track without interruption. My ISP is Comcast with upload speed of at least 2.5GB/s.

Whay am I missing?
    On my Orb setting on my Pre I see no setting for streaming. Perhaps it is because I am using the iPhone Spoof?
    Nevermind...got it working!!
    Well I guess not enough interest to my issue.
    I've tried everything. Initially the issue was with opening the ports. After I've read a ton about what exact ports need to open and had my DD-WRT to budge at opeining ports 82, 554 and 13398-13401 I am still at square one.

I seemed to go a bit further when switching from 3GP-AAC/RTSP fromat (.3gp) to WinAmp format (.pls) but I am only able to hear about 3.5 mins worth of music (of very decent quality BTW) after which the streaming breaks and never resumes.

Maybe it's Sprint thing?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast