Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Greetings, I found my problem for being unable to stream, turns out I can't stream from/to the local network, but I can stream fine when i'm on EVDO. Which I suppose is the idea anyway.
    Wow, really? I wonder if that's my issue as well. will turn off WiFi and test ! =) (for some reason it didn't occur to me that I may not get errors on the EV .. when I should get the better conn. via LAN.

::UPDATE::

Double checked my setup .. Speed - fixed, Stream - 3GP-AAC/RTSP, Layout - Home Theater.
    On EVDO - I get "Restart Orb" while trying to do both audio & video,
    On WiFi - I often get "error playing the file" while attempting video, Audio I get a black card with no sound, both ports are forwarded and working. etc. I can browse etc with no issue as well.

Related error - I get the "error playing the file" while attempting to play a decently sized mp4 from the pre itself. (via "Videos") I thought mp4 was an accepted format?

Ideas?
    Last edited by Krayze; 06/28/2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Update
    Quote Originally Posted by Narfler View Post
    Greetings, I found my problem for being unable to stream, turns out I can't stream from/to the local network, but I can stream fine when i'm on EVDO. Which I suppose is the idea anyway.
    That did it for me, wonder why that is?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Can someone help me? I have managed to view photos from my pc on my pre but whenever i try to load a video or music stream i get "error" "there was an error playing the file" please help.. Again im able to view photos fine and I can stream videos music and photos to my nintendo wii just fine. Its just getting any video or music to the pre when i get that error..
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    Can someone help me? I have managed to view photos from my pc on my pre but whenever i try to load a video or music stream i get "error" "there was an error playing the file" please help.. Again im able to view photos fine and I can stream videos music and photos to my nintendo wii just fine. Its just getting any video or music to the pre when i get that error..
    OK so nevermind I read the post above and on the EVDO network I can stream audio just fine.. about to try video now, but wonder why that is..
    I didn't see this mentioned, but it appears that this process uses the Orb servers. Can the Pre bypass Orb servers and stream directly from your PC as you could under PalmOS?
    Last edited by semprini; 07/01/2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Guys,
    Help me out here. I have an internet radio that plays in .asx format. I added that into mycast.orb.com via internet favorite radio. Now I selected all the settings you have mentioned here but I am not able to play that radio. Can you please give some solution?

Thanks.
    Updates
    Nevermind guys.. I had the same problem. It didn't work from my local wireless network but when I saw Narfler's reply, I disabled the wi-fi and it streamed perfectly fine via EVDO.

Thank you so much.. precentral rocks, and Palm Pre rocks.
    Last edited by hirenpathak; 07/01/2009 at 08:00 PM.
    I am now getting the video just fine (turned off Wifi), however, it only plays about 15 seconds, freezes and then I get the "error playing the file".

Ideas?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    That did it for me, wonder why that is?
    It's a matter of your computer that acts as the Orb server getting confused re. how to communicate with the client/phone. It sees the connection coming in from the WAN (via Orb's computers redirecting the Pre after it logs on), but also sees that phone is on the LAN. So the phone has two IP addresses - one unique Internet IP address and one LAN address.

I know some routers can handle the mismatch. On mine there is a setting called "Loopback" which is described as:

The loopback interface makes your internal clients appear as if they are external. This is useful for testing things like DynDNS names. The loopback is an option because enabling it will break PPTP and Windows machine browsing by wireless clients.
    Unfortunately, I can't set that to enable since I have Windows machines connecting wirelessly.

I have had the same problem with trying to connect VNC clients internally using a DNS name that points to my home IP address. Same thing with trying to stream Slingplayer internally. Luckily, both of those programs allow me to manually set the server address to my internal LAN IP address.

Orb requires that you log into their servers and then get directed by them to your home machine.

Hopefully, any standalone program for the Pre will address the problem.
    ok, I am new to the whole ORB thing. i've installed as instructed, but i don't get the last screen shoot from the first post. am i doing something wrong? I assume to open orb you go to web browser and type mycast.orb.com... is it suppose to bring up the "enjoy" screen from there?
    I cant seem to get this working, I have done everything suggested except forward port 80, my ISP cox blocks 80 so I forwarded 443. Orb config test tells me directstream is working and I have verified the ports are getting through to my server, which is listening. I can access pics and see all the files but cant play any of them. My primary workstation machine can play videos but not music on the lan, but I think that is normal for lan vid streaming using orb.

Any help would be useful, I hope you don't absolutely have to use 80 :/
    Nice Job. Good instructions. I had been using orb in the past, but went to PlayOn. I think I will go back and try this again.
    I've got a weird thing happening. I have added a radio station that broadcasts in windows media audio to Orb. When I stream the audio through Orb on my Pre, it comes through as a video stream. I hear the audio just fine. However, since the Pre recognizes it as a video stream, I need to leave the screen on in order to listen to the stream.
    I guess it'll do for a stop-gap for now.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I can use some assistance with ORB. I am able to watch videos if I use WI-FI but not through the regular network. What would cause this problem? If I transferred the video files (tv shows recorded with my tv tuner) to the phone would I be able to view them?
    Thanks
    okay,
    I can stream fine from pc, but on the pre (no wifi on, i'm a network engineer, i know the linksys can't handle the loopback) I get the black screen for about 2 minutes, then an error on video and audio.

I have all the ports stated by orb redirected to my windows 7 machine, no firewall on that (as per the works from pc's). Any suggestions. I have followed all instructions. This would be awesome to use on the pre.
    I'm running McAfee Security Suite and had to also open the Orb ports in McAfee's software firewall.

ORB / Knowledgebase / How do I configure my firewall to allow incoming and outgoing traffic for Orb streaming?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I just set everything up but Orb is blocked by my router. Orb is installed on a PC and I'm using an Airport Extreme (AE) - which I just setup a month ago so I'm not totally familiar with it. Is anyone else using AE and if so how do you correctly add the ports - I would like to double check that I'm doing it right? What ports do I need to add for TCP and UDP? I see the link to Orb's page says 80 and 554 but when I use the check test button within Orb it says 80 is being blocked.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    All of a sudden I can not stream audio/video but I can still view the photos on my PC just fine? Can anyone help me fix this? I was able to get audio/video before and I followed the tutorial and it worked perfect. I have not changed any of the settings, but now when I try to play an audio/video file I get the error "Back" screen.. the photos still show up fine though. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

[ADD] I just checked to see if I could stream to another PC miles away from my home PC and the audio/video is streaming fine... so how come all a sudden the pre isnt?? PLEASE HELP *in my fifth element voice*
    Last edited by chichi; 07/30/2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: ADD
    i'd love for this to work but it's totally unusable. it takes 40 seconds for each click to load. and at the end i get errors and normally no playback. it's too cumbersome, the interface isn't optimized for phones (too small), did i mention it loads ridiculously slow to respond. and you can click a Rakim song and Michael Jackson will come up. well after 40 seconds of waiting. I'll wait till there's something much much better.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    i'd love for this to work but it's totally unusable. it takes 40 seconds for each click to load. and at the end i get errors and normally no playback. it's too cumbersome, the interface isn't optimized for phones (too small), did i mention it loads ridiculously slow to respond. and you can click a Rakim song and Michael Jackson will come up. well after 40 seconds of waiting. I'll wait till there's something much much better.
    So you have gotten the audio/video to work? Ever since the 1.1 update it has stopped working for me? I never ran into the load issues you have and the screen size and clarity works well on my pre for me.. Maybe some settings got screwed so imma go through the steps again and see what happens..
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast