Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    You skipped a step, as did I.

4. At the top click "Stream" and select "3GP-AAC/RTSP fromat (.3gp)" no other setting will work currently. Click "Save" like this.
    I am having the same problem and I have 3GP-ACC/RTSP format selected.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    No Mac version = huge fail for me.
    Well, having a Mac is a huge fail for you.

Just sayin' (grin)
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    ORB is still extremely sketchy with Pre even with these settings. I find that sometimes I have to click to watch a video 3 or 4 times to get it to start. Try a few times if it doesn't work once.
    Quote Originally Posted by sindyr View Post
    Well, having a Mac is a huge fail for you.

Just sayin' (grin)
    Wow, for your first post, you decided to make it a lame fanboy one.

Way to go.
    worked for me. thanks for clear instructions.. would be great if we had control over pause and continue. kinda sucks we cant resume.
    OmG.

Thank you so much. That is awesome. Wow.

Cool!
    Awesome!
    Sweet!
    Excellent!
    Brilliant!
    Bodacious!
    Groovy!
    Gnarly!
    Deadly!
    Great!
    Futurama!
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    works good!
    however, not able to resume kinda frustrating since it doesn't work with multi-tasking.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    When you say you have the same problem, are you referring to the webcam or not being able to play movies/songs?
    I get the "There was an error playing the file" as well.

Seems to work fine from a PC, reinstalled the PC version of orb, and tried changing the media port to 555 as suggested in the Orb forums, still no joy.

everything else is configured as explained on the post.

Any thoughts?
    installed Orb on my HP Mediasmart server and now i have 2TBs of music and video streamed to my Pre,Xboxs and PC.

Now on the train to work i can at least start a movie.. Hopefully in future releases we get ability to pause and restart.
    All my settings are exactly as directed, but I too only get audio, no video. When the music loads, it is landscape with a title at the bottom, then the music starts and the screen goes black. Cannot get movies to play at all, just a black screen. Any suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltaco View Post
    How safe is this "Orb"? Went to the site and I have some security concerns, such as opening a port on the firewall to allow access.
    dont do it then :0 but its just as safe as any other thing that requires opening a port in your firewall like a lot of multi player games
    when accessing the orb site from a desktop change the viewing settings to 3gp as well. i was having issues with not being able to playback audio and video. Thanks BIGTIME to the OP. i never knew this program existed!
    ok guys - i get streaming stock charts on my home computer. i know that this may be a dumb question, but can i view this on my pre, too? thanks!
    I get streaming but it comes in at about 2 fps with no sound. I am running it on a Quad Core, 4 GB RAM, over wifi so that is not the issue.
    streaming yes, but is it a stock chart? i use strategy desk charting and i am wondering if i can view it on my pre....
    ok maybe i did it wrong but when i try to start a movie i see the file on the list and all but when i click it on my pre it says restart orb can anyone help
    I don't see any comments on video quality. Haven't got my pre yet and still using my Diamond. I use Orb.. but not usually for video since the quality pretty much blows. I was watching sprintv on a pre at the Sprint store and it looked OK.... does streaming orb look better than watching sprint tv? And yes I know EVDO strength makes a difference... but I'm asking for your realworld experience with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJPByron View Post
    I have a dumb question. Can Orb stream MKV and/or XviD files in a format viewable by the Pre?
    Yes. I have some HD movies on my comp that stream perfectly to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by tri0xinn View Post
    I don't see any comments on video quality. Haven't got my pre yet and still using my Diamond. I use Orb.. but not usually for video since the quality pretty much blows. I was watching sprintv on a pre at the Sprint store and it looked OK.... does streaming orb look better than watching sprint tv? And yes I know EVDO strength makes a difference... but I'm asking for your realworld experience with it.
    No it's not the best, but it's fine for free. And until we can get an app that has more codec possibilities, this works great!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast