Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    glorious simply glorious this is so incredibly badass i can even really explain it thanks for the awesome write up too
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    You skipped a step, as did I.

4. At the top click "Stream" and select "3GP-AAC/RTSP fromat (.3gp)" no other setting will work currently. Click "Save" like this.
    Well that's embarrassing. I did miss that step and now it works. Thanks!
    I am just getting a black screen with audio. No video.

If Palm enables WMV streaming things would be so much easier!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    orb for the MAC
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    It seems to work at first, but if I pause then hit play again, it comes back with an error. Anybody else running into this? To get it working again, I have to completely exit out of the player (not the browser that has Orb open, just the player) and kick off another instance.

I'm just streaming music btw, no video.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Anything on the Pre that has to do with using content from the web is sketchy at best right now. Its using default gstreamer functionality built into the webkit browser to play stuff right now.

If you ask me, it should work more like Windows mobile where the stream is opened in Media Player and Media Player does all the streaming. Hopefully the Palm Music and Movie apps will be updated to allow streams. Otherwise we will need specific apps to stream content from specific providers. I guess there is a trade-off, because it would be more flexible.

Expect a huge a firmware update when Palm releases the SDK. I imagine that the Pre firmware will have to have a rock solid feature set when this is released. Including better media functionality, better visibility between apps, and video capture support!
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I am just getting a black screen with audio. No video.

If Palm enables WMV streaming things would be so much easier!
    So like life nothing is perfect and I probably should have commented that Orb takes it sweet time to cue up the content so sometimes you have to wait longer then usual before the magic happens.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Hi I can get my music and my pictures but i can't view video. it loads the video but i get a black screen.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    what about downloading documents?
    I can see the docs, but when I click on them, the pre just keeps opening up browser windows with nothing in them (it keeps doing this until you throw one of the windows away)

thanks
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I have a windows home server that is always on. For anyone who doesn't know its based off MS Server 2003. I know the website says that it works for XP and Vista. Just wondering if anyone has tried it on either server 2003 or WHS. Also I have the fastest internet connection available in my area (Charlotte, NC) which is 10Mbps down, but only 756kbps up. Am I still going to be able to use orb with such a low upload speed?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by terryman View Post
    what about downloading documents?
    I can see the docs, but when I click on them, the pre just keeps opening up browser windows with nothing in them (it keeps doing this until you throw one of the windows away)

thanks
    I believe you've stumbled upon a limitation of Orb over the web on the Pre. I recommend to be patient and wait for a Pre specific app to soothe the hurts left by the current web solution.
    Thanks for the write-up. I wish I could get orb to capture my slingbox.. Sigh
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Has anybody noticed when you are streaming an mp3 music file and receive a call and than try to go back to orb it does not go back to mp3 stream? I have to turn off pre and than restart pre to listen again to mp3.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by dagold View Post
    Has anybody noticed when you are streaming an mp3 music file and receive a call and than try to go back to orb it does not go back to mp3 stream? I have to turn off pre and than restart pre to listen again to mp3.
    Yes.

Another limitation is you have to keep it running in a card and never deviate from it. It's no Pandora for sure but at least it's possible to make some noise come out of your Pre with it.
    Is there a way to keep from having to always expand the area around the text on the orb website? Everything initially looks tiny when a page is loaded.
    I have a question about Orb. I already have music streaming from my PC, using SqueezeCenter. I like SqueezeCenter because it transcodes my lossless FLAC files on the fly to streaming mp3. Does Orb on the Pre only work with Orb on the desktop, or does it allow you to listen to any streamed music? I can't believe the Pre can't listen to streaming music -- the Treos did this years ago!
    No Mac version = huge fail for me.

Opera Unite is much easier to setup IMO & works on Win, Mac & Linux.

Opera Unite
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    No Mac version = huge fail for me.

Opera Unite is much easier to setup IMO & works on Win, Mac & Linux.

Opera Unite
    That video has a guy with a really creepy voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    You skipped a step, as did I.

4. At the top click "Stream" and select "3GP-AAC/RTSP fromat (.3gp)" no other setting will work currently. Click "Save" like this.
    I can see the video from my Logitech webcam, but I can't hear anything...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Cool, thx. Longtime Orb user here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast