Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Trying to Dr my Pre and it consistently gets stuck at 3%. The phone actually works, but I was trying to get back to factory because after running the emergency patch with a theme going... well bad things are happening with all sorts of patches.

Running XP, current Java, Is there a version of WebOS Doctor newer than Oct. 7? Maybe that's my problem?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Followed OP directions. Worked like a charm. Im using webOSdoctor 110.172 9/30/09
    Op works for webos 1.3.1. I'm using webos doctor 148.194 11/16/09
    Thanks my friend, Phone wouldnt resotre, putting it into restore or "USB" mode made my computer detect and install the Novacom BOOTER driver, which then made the restore succeed ;-).

To all people getting the unable to reset device error in webosdoctor, Definitely try plugging into AC adapter holding the volume up button, until you see USB sign on the screen, then plug into your pc until it is detected, then try webosdoctor again...

THANKS AGAIN!
    I'm glad SOMEONE knows how to fix my almost a brick. Since palm and sprint seem to not give a ****. THANK YOU irateb, dude you saved lives and now i dont have to revert to my old flip phone to take pictures of me doing burnouts on my pre.
  6. J0E
    Ok I seem to be having this problem only none of these suggestions are working for me. I tried to run doctor on my phone but it only gets to 6% and tells me it can't reset my phone. All I have now is the black screen with the white palm on it. So far restarting the computer, trying these options, and re-downloading doctor from the palm website has done nothing to get it past 6%. Anyone figure out a way around this issue? Either way, doctor recognizes my phone as plugged in and webos quick install does too. I'm at a loss. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling novacom but recognizing the device doesn't seem to be the problem here. Palms support website is useless.

Ok so I finally made it past 6% on an old xp pc I haven't used in a year. This is the second time my pc has jacked up a reinstall or update (my iphone last time). Is there anything I need to uninstall and reinstall to get this pc to work? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling just about everything in the book.
    Last edited by J0E; 02/03/2010 at 08:34 AM.
    i get stuck in 66%, then "unable to reset"... changing the computer used for reset helps?

im running windows vista 32-bit
    ive just realised its definately my cable because i go 2 device mananger on my laptop and then plug my pre in and it keeps refreshing the page as if im pluging it in and taking it out time after time and the just stops showing nothing new in the device management screen

looks like im going 2 have 2 buy a new 1

just looked on the o2 website and they are charging 10 pfttttttttt

amazon it is for 3.25
    Last edited by djuvee; 06/21/2010 at 10:10 AM.
    Also, try using a different computer if you cant get webos doctor to work on your main computer.

It took me several days of pulling my hair out to figure out that it was my computer that was the problem.
    @irateb flawless victory! thanks

Details
    Palm Pre
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Quote Originally Posted by javi_pichu View Post
    Sorry, I Know this is not the post, but someone can help me?
    I can't install the webOS 1.4.5, and when I try to repair the Pre with webOS Doctor 1.4.5, this stops in 64%
    Any idea to solve my problem?
    Thanks very much
    Delete that webos doctor. Install the webos version for your phone. Here is the link: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals. Ps. Restart PC prior to use.
    Read this also: http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/com.../44809_en.html
    Best of luck.
    Last edited by RUSH; 09/10/2010 at 10:39 AM.
    Thank you very much for the reply.
    I have tried it often, but it has been impossible.
    I have spoken with Palm, but my Pre it's unblocked, and they don't want to give me assistance.
    And for much that I try with webOS Doctor, it continues stopping at 66 %.
    Quote Originally Posted by javi_pichu View Post
    Thank you very much for the reply.
    I have tried it often, but it has been impossible.
    I have spoken with Palm, but my Pre it's unblocked, and they don't want to give me assistance.
    And for much that I try with webOS Doctor, it continues stopping at 66 %.
    Something that Tomi666 dont know that fixes problem like this. Go back to where you usually log into your palm profile, and create a dummy profile using any name and email, then re-start the process over. Guarantee that will perform a complete doctor.
    Last edited by RUSH; 09/10/2010 at 01:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    64% is modem firmware installation.
    >> Team|Leaders << should know that. webOS Doctor won't do the trick.
    Correction, modem firmware installation or not, most time deleting the previous webos doctor, and re-download another do work 75% of the time. As been proven.

If you were a >> Team|Leader << you would have known that.
    LOL - half the time I have serious doubts whether you ever had a webOS device in your hands. Rush, you should be twittering, because I would be a fan! You just kill me.

OP, please follow Rush' advice. Please delete the previous webOS Doctor (somebody please explain though what that means).
    Actually, I was thinking the same thing about you....:-) I do have a twitter account, you should folllow me > you might learn a thing or two.

What about my other reply, you actually didn't say anything about that one.. Wow! I'm shock. ^_^ guess you're getting soft Tomi666.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/17/2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: unneccessary comments deleted
    Yes I guess I'm getting soft.
    Or disinterested!
    Ooh! Now you make me wanna
    Ok guys... back On-Topic please. (comments have been cleaned up)

Thanks
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123