Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    so returned phone, got another one, but this tiem i got it to work with win 7

I followed the information in the dev wiki to get novacom to work. well kinda. anyway i got novacom to recognize my device, sshed to it, rooted it all is well. Made a mistake in vi to where my launcher would not come back up. So its time to try web doctor again. This time i am at least making it to where the "next" button is updated. however pre would not be recognized by the pc as a usb drive or anything else. even though the phone works fine...minus no app launcher

I will post late if it made it any further

UPDATE: went though its procedure and no dice. phone is still the same. oh well.
    So you are saying that you rooted the Pre, modified something, ran webOS Doctor successfully and it did NOT restore/fix what you modified??? That would suck...
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2man07 View Post
    Got it working on windows 7 64 bit! Now that i spent 3 days on it and my replacement phone is right next to me, i got it to work lol. Vista 32 and Xp 32 would not work for some reason.
    Yo! Post what you did to get it working on Windows 7 64 bit!!!
    Originally posted by sblankdds:
    I had the same need, to run a HARD reset after a crash that got stuck on the "PALM" flashing screen. A little more detail on the setup.

1. Pull the battery. Plug into power supply and push the volume up button.
    2. A qustion mark will show up (?).
    3. While holding the volume up button, insert the battery. NOW the USB symbol will show and the WEBos Doctor program will find the phone, and re-install the system files and clear all EPROM memory.
    Did I need to restart the PC anywhere in this process? How can I tell when WEBos Doctor is running, because I've double clicked and nothing seems to be happening?
    Last edited by bdhu2001; 07/16/2009 at 07:24 AM.
    WEBos is running now. I had tried to update Java, but it didn't install. I uninstalled previous updates, then tried again. Java installed and is now WEBos is running.
    Thanks for this. I tried rooting it a few times, and mixed up like three different methods. Eventually got it working, after doing a "Full Restore", but it would delete my USB drive and all customizations after every reboot.

When I tried to do the recovery with a "working" device, it wouldn't recognize it. After following these steps, it worked perfect. Thanks!
    Oh crap. My XP Pro HP mini just rebooted in the middle of my recovery. Is this natural?
    Ok, I've tried all of the steps listed throughout this thread, still can't get it to work. It cuts out right after reaching 54%, I've tried it on too different XP pcs (same result each time). It says "unable to reset device" (or something along those lines). Does anyone know what to do?
    Finally. Ok so 15 minutes of hunting and I finally figured out how to get this darn thing to work with Windows 7:

1) Download WebOS Doctor (obviously)
    2) Do this: Novacom with Windows 7 - WebOS Internals
    3) After the reboot you'll want to enable the USB mode by turning off your phone, plugging in the micro USB end and then holding the volume up key and pressing power. You should see an enormous USB icon on your Pre's screen.
    4) Run WebOS Doctor.

Works in 64-bit...I'm running it right now.
    The OP's suggestion worked for me.
    Just wanted to add my thanx. If it wasn't for this thread, I'd have had to return my Pre!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    exactly what i was looking for!!! phew.......thanks op
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I tried the above suggestion and got the webOS doctor to recognize my phone, it got to 6% and said it could not restart my phone. So sad...
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misterwilson View Post
    after doing a "Full Restore", but it would delete my USB drive and all customizations after every reboot.
    This seems to be a bug in the "Full Restore" routine. After doing a "Full Restore", I had to then do a partial restore to get it to leave the USB drive alone on reboot. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that the USB drive gets blanked by the full restore after it reboots, and the script that does it stays enabled for every subsequent reboot afterward.
    Originally posted by iamtina
    I tried the above suggestion and got the webOS doctor to recognize my phone, it got to 6% and said it could not restart my phone. So sad...
    Make sure you've downloaded and installed the current Java. If you see post 24, the new Java wouldn't install for me. I had to uninstall Java updates then install the new Java. After I did that, I was able to get WebOS Doctor to run and finish.
    i had the same problem when i first visited the dr. but all i did was reboot both my pc and pre tried the program again plugged in the pre when prompted and it worked for me so i just thought i would put that out there not trying to confuse any one.
    Question I followed the steps

Got the drivers installed on windows 7 64bit
    got the pre with the big usb icon connected it to the pc
    ran web os and still waiting for the next to be clickable its been 5mins and still nothing
    Originally posted by jsanta11:
    Question I followed the steps

Got the drivers installed on windows 7 64bit
    got the pre with the big usb icon connected it to the pc
    ran web os and still waiting for the next to be clickable its been 5mins and still nothing
    Are you sure that you have the current version of Java?
    I have the same problem as iamtina -- at 6% it restarts the phone, which stops at the language selection page; nothing happens for a few minutes and the Dr reports that the cable is disconnected (I'm guessing it timed-out). It offered to try again and the same thing happened.
    I don't know if this has anything to do with it but in the earlier steps my screen never changes from the question mark to the USB symbol.
    Anywhoo, are there any others suggestions short of heading to the Sprint Store?
    Quote Originally Posted by smacknig View Post
    I have the same problem as iamtina -- at 6% it restarts the phone, which stops at the language selection page; nothing happens for a few minutes and the Dr reports that the cable is disconnected (I'm guessing it timed-out). It offered to try again and the same thing happened.
    I don't know if this has anything to do with it but in the earlier steps my screen never changes from the question mark to the USB symbol.
    Anywhoo, are there any others suggestions short of heading to the Sprint Store?
    Nevermind -- the WebOS Repair Utility solved the problem. Yaaaay!
    I have been at this for 2 days now. I can't get past the Web Doctor screen that says connect your device. I did and hit...Just Charge! Nothing on my pre changed. Waited 15, even 30 minutes...still got nothing.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast