Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 112
  1.    #1  
    I went to the Sprint store(Sprint Owned today). While I was there taking care of another problem with my Pre, I asked if they knew why you couldn't use the Centro battery in the Pre.

    The Manager came out to talk to me and showed me a memo they were just sent about this problem.

    It says that the difference is the Sleep mode of the Pre. The Centro battery will not put the Pre in sleep mode, where as the Pre's battery will put the phone in sleep mode. She said there is a different type of chip inside the battery that monitors this.

    What does this mean? It means that the Pre will be on all the time, even if the Screen goes dark.

    In layman terms, the Centro battery will burn out the Pre faster, and could cause a lot of harm.

    If you have any questions, go to your local Sprint owned store. Ask them about the Centro battery in the Pre. They should of all got the memo within the last few days. The Manager, in my store had a meeting with the employees to explain the differences.

    Basically, use at your own risk, and it will void the warranty if you burn out your phone using the Centro battery. I asked that question to the Manager.
  2. #2  
    Wonder if Siedeo is aware of this??
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Wonder if Siedeo is aware of this??
    Good question! I know they probably dissect the stock battery and Seidio has mentioned that there are differences between the two batteries.

    Good find, dfine1966!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Wonder if Siedeo is aware of this??
    Yeah hopefully the seido rep can comment on this. I'm interested in getting their battery but as long as it supports this feature of the original oem.

    Edit: Just sent the Seido rep a PM with this thread so they can comment.
  5. #5  
    Centro/800w battery owners, are you seeing worse battery life with them?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  6. #6  
    I don't know, I've been using our Centro batteries and when not in the charger, the Pre loses only abt 3%, 4% overnight.

    The Pre's original battery has a similar performance.
  7. #7  
    Does this mean the Pre stays on WiFi all the time instead of reverting back to Sprint's data network when in sleep?? Can someone confirm this??
  8. notabun's Avatar
    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Does this mean the Pre stays on WiFi all the time instead of reverting back to Sprint's data network when in sleep?? Can someone confirm this??
    You can see visually that WiFi has to start up each time it comes off of sleep mode. No confirmation needed.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    You can see visually that WiFi has to start up each time it comes off of sleep mode. No confirmation needed.
    I meant when using the Centro battery. I thought this was pretty clear what I meant.
  10. #10  
    hmm... With my centro battery, the Pre wakes up w/ wifi on, no need to sign on again.

    Have to check it out with the original battery.
  11. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    #11  
    I think they are full of crap. If the phone is in sleep mode when the screen is off then how does it check for text messages and emails and phone calls???
  12. #12  
    Agreed. I think they are full of it too.
  13. resturg's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    #13  
    When I bought my PRE there was a Palm Technician there in the Sprint store answering questions, and I asked him the same question and got the same answer. It is either true or they have got their story together.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Good question! I know they probably dissect the stock battery and Seidio has mentioned that there are differences between the two batteries.

    Good find, dfine1966!

    Seidio has been in the game for a long time. I would imagine that they are one of the few accessory makers that work directly with the phone manufacturers to ensure that their products are up to par with the OEM products. At least I hope, as I currently have their 1350 in my Pre with no issues so far.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by stronglikedan View Post
    Seidio has been in the game for a long time. I would imagine that they are one of the few accessory makers that work directly with the phone manufacturers to ensure that their products are up to par with the OEM products.
    Given how bad some of their products have been, I doubt this.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  16. Mosbb's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    #16  
    In my tests the centro battery runs LESS hot and lasts a little longer than the oem battery. I love testing things over and over again and always the centro battery wins.

    Also, when I put the pre to sleep with centro the wifi turns off just like the oem battery.

    "The Manager came out to talk to me and showed me a memo they were just sent about this problem.

    It says that the difference is the Sleep mode of the Pre. The Centro battery will not put the Pre in sleep mode, where as the Pre's battery will put the phone in sleep mode. She said there is a different type of chip inside the battery that monitors this."

    I CALL THIS OSCAR MEYER BOLONEY. I'll buy the milk but not the bull.
  17. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #17  
    To the OP. Are you sure you're correct?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 06/29/2010 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Keep it civil people!
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  18. #18  
    Hello,

    Thank you all for your interest in our products! We cannot speak on Palm or Sprint' behalf, but we did developed our battery specific for the Palm Pre with the highest quality of Japanese cells and finish. Sprint has not made contact with us about the sleeper issues for the Centro batteries!
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    To the OP. Are you sure you're correct?
    Yes, because the OP totally just pulled this info out of his ear, especially when another member confirmed he was told the same thing by a Palm tech
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 06/29/2010 at 09:22 AM.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    In my tests the centro battery runs LESS hot and lasts a little longer than the oem battery. I love testing things over and over again and always the centro battery wins.

    Also, when I put the pre to sleep with centro the wifi turns off just like the oem battery.

    "The Manager came out to talk to me and showed me a memo they were just sent about this problem.

    It says that the difference is the Sleep mode of the Pre. The Centro battery will not put the Pre in sleep mode, where as the Pre's battery will put the phone in sleep mode. She said there is a different type of chip inside the battery that monitors this."

    I CALL THIS OSCAR MEYER BOLONEY. I'll buy the milk but not the bull.
    I've found the same thing though I wouldn't call what I've done, "tests" (never mind scientific). But anecdotaly the Pre does seem to get less warm than when I used the Pre battery.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions