Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 112
  1. #61  
    (You know I was thinking that maybe Palm & Sprint have to make as much money as possible to pay back all those serious loans they received to get the Pre out there).
  2. #62  
    OK, just got off the phone after getting 2, 2nd tier Sprint reps &1 Supervisor, tell me ,10if the battery fits use it but since I am one & Sprint is many I will say that until we get more user proof that I think it best to use the Pre battery as the main & the Centro battery as a back up so we have some protection against crashing our Pre's. I will do this since I already have 3 Centro batteries I saved just to use with the Pre. I'll do my share of reporting how things go as others are already doing . One more thing try & take care of your Pre batteries & don't go buying the Centro batteries as your primsary until we know more (if you do please include yourself sharing that knowledge). I've again kept my word, use previous reply asking why they didn't use a rounded corner but was answered that it was Palm who built them so I couldn't get an answer in that manner.
    While setting up my Pre(got it today) I wrote the numbers down to compare to the Centro battery, I'll check on that later & let you know.
    If you have some qestions with the Pre don't forget to go to the Palm site & get & read the Pre user guide.
    Hope this reply helps answer some of these serious battery debates.
  3. rmbwebs's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    It says that the difference is the Sleep mode of the Pre. The Centro battery will not put the Pre in sleep mode, where as the Pre's battery will put the phone in sleep mode. She said there is a different type of chip inside the battery that monitors this.

    What does this mean?
    Perhaps the Pre battery, when it gets really low, tells the pre to go to sleep as a precaution to losing data or something, and a treo battery will just allow the device to run until the hardware is quitting from undervoltage.
  4. #64  
    Who were you talking to? Advanced Tech? What Tier? Your words have been said but not all at Sprint Tech know this. Yes what you say kinda makes since but until we find someone that disassembles the battery we're still at a wall not knowing what to do.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    Perhaps the Pre battery, when it gets really low, tells the pre to go to sleep as a precaution to losing data or something, and a treo battery will just allow the device to run until the hardware is quitting from undervoltage.
    Everything I've read about the Pre's "sleep mode" is simply turning off the screen by pressing the power button once, or letting the screen turn off by itself after a few minutes (depending on what you have it set to.)

    Now, if there is another "sleep mode" they are referring to, I don't know and it sounds like Sprint reps don't either.
  6. #66  
    I'm not certain I would bother risking this. I am certain when they say it will void your warranty that they mean it will VOID your warranty. I for one would rather not void my warranty as there are more than likely new issues still to present themselves with the hardware itself, separate from the battery. Palm and Sprint have a lot to lose by taking in user damaged phones for exchanges, so I'm willing to bet Palm is watching every phone that comes back.
  7. #67  
    Isn't the Pre battery 1000 MAH & the Centro battery 1150 MAH?
  8. rmbwebs's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Everything I've read about the Pre's "sleep mode" is simply turning off the screen by pressing the power button once, or letting the screen turn off by itself after a few minutes (depending on what you have it set to.)

    Now, if there is another "sleep mode" they are referring to, I don't know and it sounds like Sprint reps don't either.
    Sure, but the author of the memo may have not known they were using a predefined term when they chose to use it. Doesn't the pre give a final warning and then shutdown for good when the battery gets really low? Does it still do that with a centro battery?
  9. #69  
    much ado about nothing again... cant believe people here still call others ignorant etc

    just leave it as it is...

    obviously SPrint Palm and Seidio dont want you to use Centro's battery, but if you persist then its your choice.

    End of story.
  10. #70  
    You are right. Remember when Treocentral ran a story on April Fool's Day that Palm had activated WIFI on the 700p & that the capability had been there all along but had been hidden in the 700p battery? People believed it! Well fool me once but a computer chip in the Pre battery is equally ridiculous!

    Open up the Pre packaging & look at the Warranty agreement. Where does it say using a Centro battery voids the warranty? That is like saying you can't use a 3rd party battery! Just because some random Sprint store salesman says so. It is also ridiculous that Sprint would know. Let's say you fry the Pre. That means it is completely dead. You put the Pre battery back in. So what happens now? A Sprint tech SOMEHOW resurrects the Pre and then what? He roots it and then looks at some Linux log to see what batteries have been used over its lifetime?!? Right now I feel STUPID & GULLIBLE to have believed any of this battery rubbish.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  11. mfive's Avatar
    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Centro/800w battery owners, are you seeing worse battery life with them?
    My Treo 800 had almost half the battery life of my pre. It was absolutely re-******ing-diculous.

    I think the Centro's have bigger batteries than the 800s, though... No?
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by mfive View Post
    I think the Centro's have bigger batteries than the 800s, though... No?
    No, the Centro has the same battery as the Treo 800w.
  13. #73  
    I think the batteries are the same because.... Seidio had their aftermarket batteries out at or just after launch.
    Why would Palm give away battery sales by giving "special battery" info to Seidio so they would be ready for launch???
    Like I said in a earlier post, my sprint rep tried telling me only their special micro usb car charger would work and all others would "fry my phone"... But he tried selling me the Sprint charger, not the Palm one?
    And the sprint charger was labled for other phones, so how new and special could it be???
    I call bs on all of this and if I had Centro batteries I would not hesitate to use them.
    Oh and when you wake your phone up with a Centro battery does the wifi have to wakeup or is it up instantly??? I don't have one but I have heard it has to wake.
  14. #74  
    So far the only think I find different between the 2 batteries is one is black & one is 1150 MAH ( the Pre's is 1000 MAH).
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    So far the only think I find different between the 2 batteries is one is black & one is 1150 MAH ( the Pre's is 1000 MAH).
    No the Pre's is 1150 mah just like the Centro/800w.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  16. #76  
    I never saw that on the Pre battery when I was writing all the info down.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by genEric122 View Post
    I think the batteries are the same because.... Seidio had their aftermarket batteries out at or just after launch.
    Why would Palm give away battery sales by giving "special battery" info to Seidio so they would be ready for launch???
    Like I said in a earlier post, my sprint rep tried telling me only their special micro usb car charger would work and all others would "fry my phone"... But he tried selling me the Sprint charger, not the Palm one?
    And the sprint charger was labled for other phones, so how new and special could it be???
    I call bs on all of this and if I had Centro batteries I would not hesitate to use them.
    Oh and when you wake your phone up with a Centro battery does the wifi have to wakeup or is it up instantly??? I don't have one but I have heard it has to wake.
    You make a very good point about Seidio getting the battery out so quickly. They probably took the one they had for the Centro, tested it for a week & slapped new labels on it.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    You are right. Remember when Treocentral ran a story on April Fool's Day that Palm had activated WIFI on the 700p & that the capability had been there all along but had been hidden in the 700p battery? People believed it! Well fool me once but a computer chip in the Pre battery is equally ridiculous!

    Open up the Pre packaging & look at the Warranty agreement. Where does it say using a Centro battery voids the warranty? That is like saying you can't use a 3rd party battery! Just because some random Sprint store salesman says so. It is also ridiculous that Sprint would know. Let's say you fry the Pre. That means it is completely dead. You put the Pre battery back in. So what happens now? A Sprint tech SOMEHOW resurrects the Pre and then what? He roots it and then looks at some Linux log to see what batteries have been used over its lifetime?!? Right now I feel STUPID & GULLIBLE to have believed any of this battery rubbish.
    my thoughts exactly!!
    He's making more sense than the government!
    "I have to return some videotapes."
  19. #79  
    Has anybodys Pre Fried using the Centro battery yet?
  20. #80  
    Not only has no ones Pre 'fried' there hasnt been a single issue. Not a reboot. Not extra heat. Nothing.

    I posted a poll a few weeks ago.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions