View Poll Results: Made and accidental call to 911??

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, my clumsy-**** has somehow managed to do it

21 20.59%
  • Nope, I'm fully aware of who my Pre calls at all times

81 79.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, it happened to me over the weekend..LoL...I had just hung up and placed my phone back into a belt holster. A minute later my phone rings and when I looked at the screen, the caller I'd said ''emergency call''...I answered the call very confused and I hear a voice say ''this is ****** police, do you have an emergency? Did you call 911?'' after a brief pause I realized that somehow my phone went through BOTH steps to call 911 and God knows what the operator heard me saying in the background. I'm sure I'm not the only genius this has happened to
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I called my mother in law be mistake I think I will start a poll to see if anyone else did it also?

OP you have to start 2 threads on you making a mistake!!!!!!!
    Last edited by sjjones; 06/16/2009 at 07:03 PM.
    My pants pocket used to call alot of people back in my 700P days . I always keep those screen locks on now.
  4.    #4  
    Lay off bro....the reason I put this poll up is because when you lock ur screen, requiring a secirty pin to be input, there's a button that says emergency call. If you press it, the dialpad comes up and you have to press the green dial button. Somehow, my phone performed BOTH these functions.
    I need a "Haven't yet, but I'm sure I will at some point".
    I do this more often than I would like to admit. I don't know if its the layout or because I came from an iphone and am used to doing it a certain way. I use my left hand to answer the phone so my thumb is on the 911 button side. Anyways, I really think palm should make it a slider or something. Sometimes there is a lag on the phone and if my pin has multiple 0's in it i might hit the 911 button and not realize due to the lag. Then once it catches up it registers the 911 button then registers the call button on the 911 screen. Let's just say I have no 0's anymore.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I've almost done it 3 times. It did it more when I had the PIN enabled because of the one touch 911 dialing for a pin locked phone. I disabled my PIN recently because it would trigger a little too fast (ok WAY too fast) for my tastes. I'll turn it back on when I have more control over it or when the exchange support works.

Of course I've had my phone call people at some very bad times. Like during sex. Not so good.
    Ummm....I don't know anything about a pin to unlock the phone, I just slide that little yellow circle up...and I don't even know how to call 911. I guess I should read the manual a bit, eh?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 305 View Post
    Lay off bro....the reason I put this poll up is because when you lock ur screen, requiring a secirty pin to be input, there's a button that says emergency call. If you press it, the dialpad comes up and you have to press the green dial button. Somehow, my phone performed BOTH these functions.

2 threads????
    Better than my neighborhood, it would have been TTY tones followed by Spanish, followed by 911 voicemail. We're on our own out here.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    2 threads????
    If there's 2 threads, then MY BAD, and MODS, please delete the other one. Not sure how that happened.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Haha. I called an old boyfriend from 20 YEARS AGO (that's right I haven't seen him in 20 years!) who is on my FaceBook by mistake. I was like "oh crap" and hung up really quick! Luckily, everyone on my FB knew I was getting a new phone, so I quickly made a lame post about "sorry to everyone that I have called on accident today playing with my new phone." But, really he was the only one. I was just embarrassed! LOL!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    2 threads because this one has a poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by nora View Post
    Haha. I called an old boyfriend from 20 YEARS AGO (that's right I haven't seen him in 20 years!) who is on my FaceBook by mistake. I was like "oh crap" and hung up really quick! Luckily, everyone on my FB knew I was getting a new phone, so I quickly made a lame post about "sorry to everyone that I have called on accident today playing with my new phone." But, really he was the only one. I was just embarrassed! LOL!
    wow that's pretty bad.
    The Pre has a panic button for 911 calls?
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by SedahDrol View Post
    The Pre has a panic button for 911 calls?
    Yes. It only appears if the phone is locked though. I assume that if there is an emergency and the Pre is the only phone you can find and your friend or whatever doesn't know the pin, that they can call the emergency number.
    This one is too funny, lmao...hahahahahahaha

zyxwv88
    Of course I've had my phone call people at some very bad times. Like during sex. Not so good.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    I agree this is annoying....changing the PIN to not have any numbers close to the 911 button has helped out a lot.

This brings up a bigger frustration....the fact that it doesn't confirm a call when dialing. While that's nice (one fewer tap, after all), it's easy to mistakenly tap on a contact and launch the phone app. Then you're scrambling to disconnect before it starts ringing.

I think someone should figure out how to enable an option to confirm calls before they dial. I haven't been able to figure out how to do it yet.
  19. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I used to do it a bit on the Treo due to the screen lock, and my hammy fingers.
    i agree
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast