Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mmm, bummer, mine is a POP account!
    If you're using an Exchange account, change the setting to every 15 minutes. While I admit I get a LOT of work emails, when left to "As they arrive", the Pre battery was dead within 4 hours. A coworker had the same problem. I switched it to every 15 minutes, and the battery is at 40-50% after the end of an 9 hour work day.
    I currently have my Gmail account set as items arrive and my Exchange account set to manual.
    I set Exchange that way because I don't want to know what's going on at work when I'm not there... but I still want to be able to check on things.

Anyway, with those settings I'm still at 70% battery live at 7:20pm, having unplugged the phone at 9:00am and using calls, texting and email all day... oh and checking the App Catalog every 45 minutes or so.. haha

Anyway, every day this battery lasts a little longer and longer.
    I know that sounds strange, but I don't think there's any way I could have gotten this life from it when I first got the phone.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Hmm, not sure what to do. I have no Exchange, just straight Outlook. I'll admit, I am a newbie but I am sitting here looking at new mail in the Outlook from 4 hours ago that have still not made it to gmail on my Pre. Don't know what to do.

Originally I tried to have Outlook pushed straight to my Pre but my ISP doesn't want to play nice apparently. :-/
    Hi!

I know that this thread is very old, but I have to confirm something. Last night my battery was drained from 55% to 0% during 8-9 hours. I have two Gmail accounts and one Exchange account - all of them were set to sync "As items arrive".

Setting Exchange account to "Manual" sync seems to improve battery life a lot! I'll post more about my findings later...
    Quote Originally Posted by toncid View Post
    Hi!

I know that this thread is very old, but I have to confirm something. Last night my battery was drained from 55% to 0% during 8-9 hours. I have two Gmail accounts and one Exchange account - all of them were set to sync "As items arrive".

Setting Exchange account to "Manual" sync seems to improve battery life a lot! I'll post more about my findings later...
    Same here, before the 1.3.5.1 update though, it didn't drain that bad and it would get me through the day with it set at "As items arrive". Now I have to set it to manual
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenOctober View Post
    If you're using an Exchange account, change the setting to every 15 minutes. While I admit I get a LOT of work emails, when left to "As they arrive", the Pre battery was dead within 4 hours. A coworker had the same problem. I switched it to every 15 minutes, and the battery is at 40-50% after the end of an 9 hour work day.
    Hmm...who was the grave digger on this one?

However I COMPLETELY and unequivocally agree with GreenOctober. This is from thorough testing on a Treo600, 650, Centro, iPhone, and Pre. With "As Items Arrive" set against an Exchange 2003 EAS server, my phones would catch fire, and drain the battery within 2-3 hours. Interval polling is 100x better

I have 5 email accounts (EAS, hosted IMAP, 2x Google, Yahoo!) all set to 15 mins except for my EAS which is set to 5 mins. Works perfect and I get 12-14 hours of battery usage on the old Pre's 1150 cell.
    Confirming this:
    My gmail account is set to as items arrive~ no real noticeable effect on battery life.

Set exchange to as items arrive and 20 min later lost 2% with the extended battery (doing nothing else). = BIG LOSS with exchange as items arrive. I think we are running 2007 exchange server but can not confirm.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12