Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    typing
    ►The onscreen keyboard has been hidden but has all of the commands below and more in the webOS.
    ►Undo - You can't undo a mistake in the Pre. On your PC Undo is [Crtl] - [Z], on a Treo press [Menu] - [Z]. When enabled, Undo should be "Press the Gesture Area and Z at the same time." There is no work-around.
    ►Italics - To italicize highlighted text on a PC, press Ctrl - I , on a Treo press Menu - I . When enabled, Italics should be "Press the Gesture Area and I at the same time." There is no work-around.
    ►Bold - To make highlighted text bold on a PC, press Ctrl - B , on a Treo press Menu - B . When enabled, Bold should be "Press the Gesture Area and B at the same time." There is no work-around.
    ►Select All - To select all on a PC, press Ctrl - A , on a Treo press Menu - A . When enabled, Select All should be "Press the Gesture Area and A at the same time."
    ►Copy - You can copy text you are editing (see Typing section) but not text you cannot edit like internet information.

this whole section is not working for me
    The Bold and Italics works for me on Email.

If you want Bold font hold "Sym" and press "B". Start typing...

If you want Italics font hold "Sym" and press "I". Start Typing...

To revert back, just do the same procedure.

Thanks!
    the italics shortcut is unusable though, cause it inserts an , which is especially bad if you have text highlighted.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    This is a great amount of help, thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by feelitout View Post
    "u(space)" autocorrects to "you" in messages.
    While I guess this is officially a "feature," I almost consider it a bug. I FREQUENTLY use "u" INSTEAD of "you" for SMS messages in order to abbreviate and save space. Without the option to turn this off, it means I have to type an extra keystroke every time I want to intentionally use "u." I really wish Palm would allow you to customize the autocorrect feature, but I guess that's a post for another thread.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Didn't see this in the Typing section: tje auto corrects to the
    And just playing around it looks like some other common ones are in there. Tried a couple ie, ei words and they auto corrected: Cheif-Chief, recieving-receiving, thier-their, theif-thief, etc.
    hapen-happen
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by fredc1 View Post
    Insteading of swiping and then hitting delete for each message, just swipe the first msg you want to delete, and instead of hitting delete when the delete/cancel confirmation appears, continue to swipe messages. They will be deleted without displaying the delete/cancel confirmation option for each msg.
    Thanks, will be in Version 1.9.
    Quote Originally Posted by D0M1N8R View Post
    You can just tap the background while cards are being displayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by danger54 View Post
    ...this whole section is not working for me
    That is the missing features section at the top of page 1. SO many people ask about those features that I list them so that people will know that we have not found them yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridGik View Post
    If you want Bold font hold "Sym" and press "B". Start typing...
    If you want Italics font hold "Sym" and press "I". Start Typing...
    Quote Originally Posted by X1011 View Post
    the italics shortcut is unusable though, cause it inserts an , which is especially bad if you have text highlighted.
    I will note this as a Typing trick but as X1011 points out, this is not a good solution. It is more of a kludge than a trick. But for now it is the only kludge we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Didn't see this in the Typing section: tje auto corrects to the

- Craig
    Ok maybe I'm just a little slow, but what is does the instructions mean by "press the Gesture Area 4" PLEASE HELP

Signed-
    confused
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaRoxi View Post
    Ok maybe I'm just a little slow, but what is does the instructions mean by "press the Gesture Area 4" PLEASE HELP

Signed-
    confused
    The gesture area is the space right below the screen where you do the back gesture.

"Press the gesture area" means touch any part of the gesture area and keep your finger there (usually while pressing a key on the keyboard, depending on what you are trying to do). Generally the center button will light up while you are doing this.
    thanks thats a good pdf
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Didn't see this one (found it by experimentation), so please don't flame me if I missed it...

Shift-Enter will jump you to the next field when you're editing a record, in say, Contacts, or SplashID. Now I have to figure out how to jump backwards...

-Jerry
    How can I hide the icons at the bottom of the screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Didn't see this one (found it by experimentation), so please don't flame me if I missed it...

Shift-Enter will jump you to the next field when you're editing a record, in say, Contacts, or SplashID. Now I have to figure out how to jump backwards...

-Jerry
    regular enter does that as well
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaRoxi View Post

Signed-
    confused
    I just added images with callouts so that this is more clear in the html version. The pdf allows me to easily have nearly 100 graphics that are not in the forum version.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    The website Meebo - Connecting AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Facebook, MySpace messengers allows you to do instant messaging without downloading a program. If you sign up for a Meebo account, you can access AIM, MSN, Yahoo IM, Gtalk, Facebook, MySpace, ICQ and a couple other services simultaneously.

If you sign up for a meebo account and set your preferences, you can then go to the website on your pre and all your contacts from all services show up in a list.

I put a shortcut in the launcher, so it's like logging into all my IM services.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    While I guess this is officially a "feature," I almost consider it a bug. I FREQUENTLY use "u" INSTEAD of "you" for SMS messages in order to abbreviate and save space. Without the option to turn this off, it means I have to type an extra keystroke every time I want to intentionally use "u." I really wish Palm would allow you to customize the autocorrect feature, but I guess that's a post for another thread.
    +1
    WOW!! These are GREAT!! Thanks for posting and the continuous updates...
  18.    #158  
    I found this in another thread and will be adding it when 2.0 comes out:
    Backup Your Pre.

No rooting is required. This just copies the files that can be seen on your Palms as a USB drive such as music, photos, ringtones, etc. The Pre does not back these up when you use the Pre Launcher Backup app.

Also see the manual p. 178:
    "Your phone backs up the contacts, calendar events, and tasks that are in your Palm profile account, as well as system settings and applications you downloaded to your phone. An automatic backup to your Palm profile of all this information happens every day. So if you ever need to erase the info from your phone, you can restore all your backed-up info. You can turn off automatic backup, and you can also perform a manual backup."

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/16/2009 at 01:08 PM.
    Maybe I missed it, but it's probably worth noting the 30 second forward (swipe right on the screen) and 10 second back (swipe left on the screen) gestures while watching Videos. It doesn't work in Music though. Also the PDF has a typo at the top of page 1, suggesting that C should be the shortcut for undo when it should be Z:

You can't undo a mistake in the Pre. On your PC Undo is [Crtl] - [Z], on a Treo press [Menu] - [Z]. When enabled, Undo should be "Press the Gesture Area �� and C at the same time."
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast