Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Thanks for the help. The half-swipe works. I had been using the full swipe.
    Not sure if this is mentioned or not but I have 2:

1) When viewing a web page in landscape mode, use the gesture area to scroll down or up. Extremely useful bc your finger is NOT on the page you are trying to view but rather on the side of it.

2) To check if updates for apps are available, rather than going into updates and waiting for it to load, simply go to the app catalog and any apps that have blue tabs on them are available for updates.

Now if someone can please explain to me how we check what additional benefits and features each update offers that would be great! lol
    thanks for the tips
    Thanks for the hints
    You should add a weblink for the download of the PDF itself. Only for the case: let's look if there's a newer one.
    Help- I don't kow if this has been asked or if it is somewhere in the forum. I have a PDF on my pre from an email. It looks one way. Then when I try to down load it to my PC or email it to my self, it ends up as a xcel document that is missing inportant figures. ( Prices) how can I get this to show up on my PC the correct way? Can I have it print from my pre to appear the correct way?
    I am a former Pre owner who got one on the first day. It had the battery problems that have been well documented, but early on, the Sprint employees were no help and didn't have a solution, so I returned the Pre and decided to wait a little while until the problems with the early versions were addressed. I continue to read the forum entries and will jump back into Pre ownership at some point.

But I have a question:

I downloaded the "Palm Pre Tips and Tricks" to view it. I have a Mac, and the document came through with only unreadable symbols--no real words. Is that an indication that the Pre might not be compatible with my Mac? I have old Palm Tungsten contacts, memos, etc., on that Mac that I plan to sync with the Pre. Have any of you had problems with that type of scenario? Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    Last edited by millsj; 06/22/2009 at 04:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzhl View Post
    Help- I don't kow if this has been asked or if it is somewhere in the forum. I have a PDF on my pre from an email. It looks one way. Then when I try to down load it to my PC or email it to my self, it ends up as a xcel document that is missing inportant figures. ( Prices) how can I get this to show up on my PC the correct way? Can I have it print from my pre to appear the correct way?
    if you don't know if it's somewhere in the forum, use the search; then you will know. If you can't find it then, create a new thread; don't jack this one.
    Extremely Lame

People at SprintUsers.com have been copying your hard work:
    SprintUsers.com - View Single Post - Tips and Tricks!

They are even reposting your PDF so people won't have to register on PreCentral:
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    that doesn't look like a copy to me. It's not like nobody else could figure out these things without looking at this specific guide.

They are even reposting your PDF so people won't have to register on PreCentral:
    good, they shouldn't have to register on PreCentral if they don't want to. That's an old version, though, so maybe you should tell them to link here for the latest version.
    Extremely Lame

They give credit on the posted .PDF. Appropriate thing to do, IMHO.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Cant get to pdf. is it because I'm new here and haven't done 10 posts?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Lots of good help in your guide. Keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    On my trusty old Treo's..... from the 600 to the 700P......if I dialed a number ...say a HOME number and got no answer to my call...the contact page would come back up so I could select an alternate phone number...either the MOBILE number next.....or a WORK number.

Is there a similar function available in the Pre that I'm missing...(I mean REALLY MISSING from my old Treos).....or a work around for the Pre ??

With my Pre I dial a number for a contact by typing in their initials....but if I fail to get an answer....I have to start over and type the initials in again to find the contact a second time and get an alternate number.

Warren C.
    Warren C.
    Has anybody figured out how to add launcher pages? I am not talking about the wave launcher. I like organizing my Apps on different pages.
    Thanks! Can't wait till they figure out how to highlight and copy text in SMS messages!
    Hello everyone. Nice to meet you all.

ht tp://pret-auto.org
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Thanks. You seem very knowledgeable with the Pre.

I do have a question. My Treo Pro 800w as well as other WM phones had one feature that the Pre does not have, which shouldn't be a hard to incorporate. That is the auto complete when typing words, whether in an email, IM, text msg, or in any input field. Do you think that feature will be on the Pre soon?
    Anyone know if you can set up or change email online rather than from the phone? For example, I want to type a lengthy signature for work email and would be easier to do from my PC than my phone. I used to be able to do this for my Vzw Blackberry.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wchapman View Post
    On my trusty old Treo's..... from the 600 to the 700P......if I dialed a number ...say a HOME number and got no answer to my call...the contact page would come back up so I could select an alternate phone number...either the MOBILE number next.....or a WORK number.

Is there a similar function available in the Pre that I'm missing...(I mean REALLY MISSING from my old Treos).....or a work around for the Pre ??

With my Pre I dial a number for a contact by typing in their initials....but if I fail to get an answer....I have to start over and type the initials in again to find the contact a second time and get an alternate number.

Warren C.
    Interesting. I, too, miss MANY handy Treo features on my Pre. However, having used a 650 and 755p for nearly fours years, I don't recall this feature. Maybe it was unique to your models? Anyway, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $this$ $is$ $NOT$ $a$ $feature$ $of$ $the$ $Pre$/$webOS$.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000