Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    My Pre will not open/view= PDF, Power Point, or WMV files.
    Under Missing Basic Features > Text, you have suggested Gesture-C as shortcut instead of Gesture-Z. Also, under Copy, there is extra text from above.
    I am sure this is covered somewhere but it was driving me nuts...

To hang up and have only one call visible you hit end all calls while the one you want to hang up is in the active window. It makes both calls go away but then the one that was on hold calls you back.

I know...duh...but that hang up all calls thing was messing with me.

Does anyone know if it is possible to detach one call from a conference after a con has been set up?

Thanks,

David
    Great PDF thank you!
    Once you enter USB Drive mode, is there a way to go back to normal (just charge) mode without unplugging?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Right on Thank you so much
    Quote Originally Posted by eKennedy View Post
    You know how when you place your finger to the right of the card view button, the button lights up? That's like the Ctrl key. So finger place + C is copy, + V paste, and + X cut. That's what it's trying to show you when you click on the Edit menu item.
    I,too,have been wondering what the concentric circle graphic meant in the edit menu, but I can't get this to work for anything.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    What is the effect of turning the Pre completely off (hold power button) versus turning the display off (press and release power button)? When/why would one use this feature?
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    What is the effect of turning the Pre completely off (hold power button) versus turning the display off (press and release power button)? When/why would one use this feature?
    Good Question.

There are several battery drains on the Pre including:
    1. Display
    2. Phone (audio-radio)
    3. Bluetooth (radio)
    4. WiFi (radio)
    5. Internet (Email, Web)
    etc.

The Pre does at automatically power down some function when the display is off. When you do a normal power off, you are really doing a Display Off.

The full Turn Off shuts down the other functions also, (at least most of them).

The full Turn Off greatly saves the battery.

Airplane Mode turns off all of three radios but allows you to still use the display and PDA features.

- Craig

EDIT: I will add notes on this to Version 1.5. Really good question.
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 06/20/2009 at 07:37 AM.
    cant wait

eh there

awesome

4 more

yes

<<edited by berd - merged your posts>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 06/20/2009 at 12:00 AM.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by jf1081 View Post
    Once you enter USB Drive mode, is there a way to go back to normal (just charge) mode without unplugging?
    NO, you have to go through the safe to unplug routine if you did USB Drive or Media Synch.

I am adding this to 1.5.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 06/20/2009 at 09:04 AM.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by david.oberry View Post
    I am sure this is covered somewhere but it was driving me nuts...

To hang up and have only one call visible you hit end all calls while the one you want to hang up is in the active window. It makes both calls go away but then the one that was on hold calls you back.

I know...duh...but that hang up all calls thing was messing with me.

Does anyone know if it is possible to detach one call from a conference after a con has been set up?

Thanks,

David
    The manual suggests that you ask one of the other people to hang up for you. I am not kidding. No one could make stuff like that up.

- Craig
    Under Missing Basic Features > Internet > When entering data into a form field on a web page, they symbol key doesn't work (clicking on a symbol does nothing) - workaround copy/paste

Bug 3. on Buglist:
    forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/182595-buglist-pre.html
    that onscreen keyboard is not part of WebOS; it is part of WebShell
    Sweet deal..you da man...or woman??? Any way thanks a bunch.
    thanks for the info
  17. kjb
    Thanks!
    One frustration of mine has been the inability to show/hide selected calendars in the Calendar app--it's either show ONE or show ALL. However, this post shows an interesting, yet functional, workaround that effectively allows you to do this if necessary. Might be worth describing in the "Tips & Tricks" doc.
    Mark A. Einersen
    Does anyone know how to return to mail's inbox if all you are doing is reading a message?

If you delte, forward or reply, you get back to the folder you were in (I use ActiveSynch to attach to my Excange server).

The only way I know to get back to the inbox is to close the message, flick it off the screen and then reopen email. A total of 4 operations. My sense is there's got to be an easier way!

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by pweinrobe View Post
    Does anyone know how to return to mail's inbox if all you are doing is reading a message? ,,,
    A simple "back" gesture(half-swipe to left in the gesture area) brings you "one level/men back" in email and most other applications, (This sounds too simple. Let us know if this is what you needed or notU,