Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by el_dheeb View Post
    I've noticed a couple people asked this question --yet no one answered. So Please--Why are some of us not able to read the Pdf file on their Pre--it says can't find a program to open up this file.
    Are you thinking that the steps to view a PDF would be:
    1. Click a pdf and open it?

The Pre approach is just a little bit different:
    1. Open the PDF on your PC.
    2. Save the PDF on your PC.
    3. Email the PDF to your Pre.
    4. Open the email
    5. Open the PDF in the email.

As long as you always remember to have your PC with you the Pre approach works great!

I am guessing that the PDF viewer feature was designed by the same department who thought that it would be bad if you could undo a mistake.

We just spumbled into Sprint's...

Department of Sales Prevention.

Oops, sorry, no bold or italics either!

- Craig
    To view a pdf on your pre, you can connect the pre to you computer as a USB drive and simply copy the pdf file to the root of the USB. Disconnect the pre from the computer and launch the pdf viewer.
    Bert Gonzalez
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wlmoore View Post
    I just found this today: an alternate way to dial a speed dial number from Launcher or Card View is to press the orange key followed by the speed dial key, e.g. orange E for voicemail. Your speed dial contact will pop up almost like a search result; you can press enter or tap the contact to dial. This does not work inside the Phone app. This is a handy way to verify your speed dial entry without dialing it.
    If I remember correctly, this also works without using the orange key.
    Thanks!►How to Make Pre Ringtones from Your Own Music For Free. the link is dead. Please help.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Thanks so much for this! I've already learned so many new tricks from your document.
    Is it just me, or do the links on this PDF not work?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    ekennedy, i was wondering about why the ball would light up when touching it there....thanks!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Is there a place where we can get ALL of the Pre .pdf guides (without those annoying watermarks)? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by drmegabyte View Post
    +1, in the 2009-06-18 21:48:28 version text that looks like it was intended to be a link is not a link in my preferred PDF reader(foxit reader). Of course I'm using version 2.2, I'll try upgrading to 3.0 later.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by hnorman41 View Post
    If I remember correctly, this also works without using the orange key.
    With nothing on the screen or in the Launcher, you can press orange and the speed dial to go to that contact number so that you can see it before tyou call it. Great for ones you don't call often to make sure they call who you think they call.

I will add this.

- Craig
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by allcity31 View Post
    Thanks!►How to Make Pre Ringtones from Your Own Music For Free. the link is dead. Please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by drmegabyte View Post
    Fixed!

Thank you!

-Craig
    Is the PDF in your signature?? Unfortunately all I see is:

"See the
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 4 posts."

Is there any way to move the PDF to the first post as well as your sig? I don't want to have to spam the board to get the doc. Thanks for the great resource!

<I see it in the first post now... Thanks!!>
    I mentioned this on a thread last night but here it is... When listening to music or navigation through aux port or tape adaper in your call if call comes in you hear person from your stero system and just talk back if they were next to you like speaker phone other person hardly ever hears an echo. This goes for other headphones to other then just the pre ones
    Exit an App - Press the Center Button, touch the card and flick (throw) it up. (p. 46)
    You can also swipe up from the gesture area, then flick to close. I hardly EVER use the center button because it is so much more natural and fluid to just flick up from the gesture to minimize, then flick up (with your finger already at the center of the screen) the card to close.

If you do this, the center button almost because useless. Anybody notice the same thing?
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by shibumi View Post
    Is the PDF in your signature?? Unfortunately all I see is:

"See the
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 4 posts."

Is there any way to move the PDF to the first post as well as your sig? I don't want to have to spam the board to get the doc. Thanks for the great resource!

<I see it in the first post now... Thanks!!>
    I don't know a workaround. Until you have 10 posts you can't see links. Sorry.

The PDF link is in the fopening post of this thread.

- Craig
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Hey. First off, thanks for this guide, it really helps. I was wondering how to download the PDF directly to the Pre. When I click the link it says it can't find an application to open it. Anyone know why?
    I added this as one of the Basic Missing Features in 1.3.

- Craig
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasII View Post
    This is great, thanks!
    Good one!

Going into V1.4.

- Craig
    thanks
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by ebinary View Post
    Here's one that took me a while to figure out:

How do I expose the URL Entry Area in the browser, so I can type a new web address: Flick down to scroll up, as if you are trying to see something that came before the top of the current page. The URL Entry Area will now be visible. Tap in it to enter URL.

Eric
    I am adding this to 1.4 even as we speak. Good one!

- Craig
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast