Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    This is awesome!!

Addition: under Camera: to turn the shutter sound off, switch the ringer off (on top of Pre)
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eKennedy View Post
    You know how when you place your finger to the right of the card view button, the button lights up? That's like the Ctrl key. So finger place + C is copy, + V paste, and + X cut. That's what it's trying to show you when you click on the Edit menu item.
    eKennedy, you've explained this better than I've seen it anywhere else. I looked at the shortcut in the menu and tried to figure out what the sphere inside a circle was... Ummm, there's no key that looks like that!!!

Thanks...
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Copy/Paste IS NOT [SYM] + C/X/V it is [Hold Gesture Area] + C/X/V.
    This is great stuff. There were a few I didn't know about. Thanks!
    I've noticed a couple people asked this question --yet no one answered. So Please--Why are some of us not able to read the Pdf file on their Pre--it says can't find a program to open up this file.
    Thanks for the work you have put into this compact document. Compact compared to 344 pages on Palm's website.
    wow, great job. thanks man
    Hey. First off, thanks for this guide, it really helps. I was wondering how to download the PDF directly to the Pre. When I click the link it says it can't find an application to open it. Anyone know why?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    ##786# is ##RTN# not ##RUN#
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Hey. First off, thanks for this guide, it really helps. I was wondering how to download the PDF directly to the Pre. When I click the link it says it can't find an application to open it. Anyone know why?
    Not sure if anyone can do it directly from a website. However, if you click a link to a document or pdf in an email, then you can get it on the Pre. So, you could copy the link on your computer and email it to yourself. Now if I could only figure out how to do this on the Pre without involving my computer, I'd be golden.

I really hope this is one of the fixes that comes in an update next week.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by el_dheeb View Post
    I've noticed a couple people asked this question --yet no one answered. So Please--Why are some of us not able to read the Pdf file on their Pre--it says can't find a program to open up this file.
    Make sure you are logged in before downloading.

That made it work for me.

-Kenton
    This is great! Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    You know how when you place your finger to the right of the card view button, the button lights up? That's like the Ctrl key. So finger place + C is copy, + V paste, and + X cut. That's what it's trying to show you when you click on the Edit menu item.
    yay! I couldn't figure out what that swirly circle was supposed to be representing
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    milominderbinde, thanks for putting this together. One suggestion -- maybe put a link somewhere at the beginning to link to this thread, so folks can always find the latest version of the PDF?
    When I dial a phone number I don't need the beeping noise is there a way to turn it off? I turned off the sound but then no alarm or ringer doesn't work. Or do I just deal with the noise
    where do the bold and italics shortcuts work?

also, you have ##DATA# twice, with 2 different descriptions
  17.    #57  
    I just made this correction and posted it as version 1.2.

Thank you!

- Craig
    the pdf is updated, but it still says 'Version 1.0' in the top-left corner
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by X1011 View Post
    where do the bold and italics shortcuts work?

also, you have ##DATA# twice, with 2 different descriptions
    THose tips simply do not work and I can find no information on how to use bold or italics!

I dropped those references!

Wait, that is wrong! In PreLand there are to be no
    italics - Gesture - I
    bold - Gesture B
    and no UNDO -Gesture - Z

There are no do-overs in PreLand. You are to make no mistakes!

I will fix the DATA twice tomorrow.

- Craig
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by X1011 View Post
    the pdf is updated, but it still says 'Version 1.0' in the top-left corner
    Thanks!

I will correct it tomorrow for version 1.3!

- Craig
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast