Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    very cool thread!

my tip is to cut the tab off the pixi screen protector until you can get the one you want in. it will hold up for a few days and protect the screen!
    my wife did the same and has had hers on for about 6 weeks!
    Quote Originally Posted by beetljuc View Post
    I've tried moving app icons to a different page but it will not move. I hold my finger tip on the icon until a circle appears around it and then try to move but it will not move to another page, I can only move it around on the same page. Does anyone know of another way of moving an icon to a different page?
    You have to hold that "floating" icon at the screen edge for a moment before webOS realizes you want to flip the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by beetljuc View Post
    I've tried moving app icons to a different page but it will not move. I hold my finger tip on the icon until a circle appears around it and then try to move but it will not move to another page, I can only move it around on the same page. Does anyone know of another way of moving an icon to a different page?
    Just tap ie icon until the circle comes up, drag it to the right or left edge and wait a bit, the screen should scroll in that direction and then you can release your finger. Just make sure you have a screen available on that side of the screen.

Cheers!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thanks, i'll give that a try, I might have not waited long enough.
    User manual is here:
    www dot palm dot com/us/support/handbooks/pre/p100eww/Palm_Pre_Plus_UG_VZN_EN.pdf

P.S. It won't let me post a link directly:
    "To be able to post links or images your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts."

OK then, this is #1
    Has anyone figured out how to connect a bluetooth keyboard. I used to have an early Palm device that used an IR folding keyboard that worked great. Palm makes a bluetooth folding portable keyboard but I can find no way to connect it to my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbesuz View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to connect a bluetooth keyboard. I used to have an early Palm device that used an IR folding keyboard that worked great. Palm makes a bluetooth folding portable keyboard but I can find no way to connect it to my pre.
    No, nobody has. There is no keyboard profile, yet.
    I have a Palm pre with My tether on it and then I have an iPod Touch with Wunder Radio on it (internet radio). I can listen to my favorite local radio stations whenever whereever. (Well... except for home since I don't get a damn signal there...)
    I found when using notes that you hold to the side of the button to where it lights up the button, hit A to select all, then while still holding your finger there hit C, X or V. then you can move it to another place like messaging. I just tried this and it works. At least for me. It will stay in palms "clipboard" till needed, I don't know if it gets erased if you power off your phone.
    Is there a way to get more screens.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    How do you download something like a pic or mp3 from a website?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    How do you download something like a pic or mp3 from a website?
    pics download by holding the orange button down and tapping the picture, a menu will pop up with the option to save to phone
    have been having trtouble with the ear piece. i'll see if i can keep on reading
    I am sure that someone on the forumn can help you but we need more information. Possibly you have muted the phone or turned the volumn down. Give us more info please.
    Hi, can anyone recommend a good screen protector for the Pixi. I'd like to find either film, or a more sturdy plastic covering. I'd also like something inexpensive.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by nexes View Post
    Hi, can anyone recommend a good screen protector for the Pixi. I'd like to find either film, or a more sturdy plastic covering. I'd also like something inexpensive.

Thanks!
    BestSkinsEver at bestskinsever.com. Cheap and very durable. However, as with all the skin-type protectors, be patient. Applying them is a bit of an art. I've had mine on my Pre since launch.
    to add an extension for a number just add "T" (excluding the quotation marks) after the number, T represents 2 sec interval ( you may need to add more than 1 T after the number ) then the extension number. you can even use it as an extension for password so you can automatically dial your voicemail without having to type the password

*to automatically dial your voicemail without the password
    1. create a new contact for your voicemail
    2. indicate on the phone number field the number for your voicemail
    3. add the letter T after the number (may need to put more than 1 T depending on the span of time you will get to your password prompt)
    4. then add your password after the T
    5. do a back gesture to save ur new contact
    6. open back the contact for your voicemail and set a speed dial for it

and voila =)

hope it helps
    Missing basic features;
    Slider - The slider bar is enabled for videos but not for music. A developer fixed this!
    The scrubber/slider is there - just not in our face all te time. Tap the song title when it's playing and the information is exchanged for a slider.