Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I cannot screenshot with Orange+Shift+P since 1.3.1 on my GSM Pre, anyone else has this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    I cannot screenshot with Orange+Shift+P since 1.3.1 on my GSM Pre, anyone else has this problem?
    Shomehow that ability was lost in the update. Try the alternate method Orange+SYM+P. That combo should work.
    Very helpful tips for the pre Kudos
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Well, uh... This was a lot of stuff. A lot more than I expected.
    Thanks ALOT!!! Now I definitely have something to read and review when im bored at work!
    Quote Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
    P.S. just noticed that if you type
    ##UNLOCK#
    OR
    ##DEVKIT#
    OR
    ##CONTRA# OR ##KONAMI#

A little window pops up with aloading bar trying to "authenticate" then immediatly switches to a lil window that reads "Invalid MSL..."

just curious if anyone has monitered what its doing, because other phrases of pushing random key between ##xxx# just clears the entry bar

The reason why, is every Sprint phone has a 6 digit unlock code used to program the phone. The main reason its used on the pre is to do a hard reset or Technical Support reasons. Nothing special, if you noticed, every one of these you put up are 6 letters long. Try punching ##123456# and let me know what you see
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quite helpful!

Thanks to EVERYONE who has contributed.

Didn't realize before reading this how little I know about my phone.
    Great tips!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    add ur fav bookmarks to ur laucher by hitin da bookmark then web then (page) then add to laucher
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I can't open it with my Pre either but others are saying they had no problem!

For those of you who saved it to your pre, what is the trick to saving a pdf from the internet to your pre? I have this same problem with all pdfs on the internet.

- Craig
    What I have noticed is that Office and PDF documents if downloaded as attachments, loose their corresponding file extensions for some &^%$# reason.

Only solution is to plug as Mass Storage and add such extensions to the downloaded files, and then and only then you'll be able to see them.

Obviously, if you manually copy such files to your PrPrPr, $there$ $will$ $be$ $no$ $problem$ $with$ $the$ $extensions$.

Major bug if you ask me...

Cheers!
    Rayan
    Just got my pre less than a week ago, this thread has really helped! Thanks a ton!
    I was able to successfully use RocknRollHax to enable landscape email reading. Am I correct that I need to re-enter this hack each time I restart the email program? Is there a way to keep this as a permanent option so that I do not need to keep re-entering RocknRollHax?
    Quote Originally Posted by mercatus View Post
    I was able to successfully use RocknRollHax to enable landscape email reading. Am I correct that I need to re-enter this hack each time I restart the email program? Is there a way to keep this as a permanent option so that I do not need to keep re-entering RocknRollHax?
    There is a Patch that will enable landscape email permanently. You'll need to read-up on how to use webOS Quick Install and how to get Preware onto your Pre. Many/plenty threads about this.
    thanks a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    There is a Patch that will enable landscape email permanently. You'll need to read-up on how to use webOS Quick Install and how to get Preware onto your Pre. Many/plenty threads about this.
    thanks
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thanks,but I can't access pdf, link is dead?
    New to Pre. Any tips on how to add extensions to a speed dial?
    When I call my AT&T "CallNotes", it asks for Mailbox # and PIN. That was easy to enter into the speed dial on my treo 755 (just enter commas then the extra numbers). How do you do it on the Pre?
    wow this is a great guide
    thanks a lot
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    This is not a guide..
    It is the bible of tips & tricks ... Amazing stuff dude
    | Maemo Community - Maemo Forums | All about Nokia N900
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I've tried moving app icons to a different page but it will not move. I hold my finger tip on the icon until a circle appears around it and then try to move but it will not move to another page, I can only move it around on the same page. Does anyone know of another way of moving an icon to a different page?