Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    This thread is awesome.

I'm in deployed in the middle east and I have a pre. Of course I can only play with the wifi, but it still seems to be an awesome phone. I come home in 22 days and can't wait to actually be in the states where I can get service!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
    ...press the arrow key and then press enter, it provides the tab feature like our computers (toggle from one field to another)...
    ..Just like having a TAB button - excellent, thanks!
  3.    #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    I was messing around the clock app and noticed you can set alarms for daily weekdays and weekends. You can also change the sound.

Hopefully this will help those folks Ive seen on this forum concerned about a lack of an alarm clock on the pre.
    If you didn't know about this maybe others didn't know either. I will get this into the next Tips and Tricks.

Here is the cool digital alarm clock

You pick your LED color, set your alram and off you go!

- Craig
    Thanks for the information.
  5.    #245  
    He says a new release is coming...

- Craig
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    1. Quicklauncher Tips & Tricks p. 2, p. 52 Users guide.
    Quick Launch (p. 52)
    ►Quick Launch has up to 5 icons at the bottom of Card view with the Launcher. ►Gesture up to quick open Launcher.

2-4. Launcher Bar page 3 - I will add the note again on apps, contacts, or bookmarks:
    Launcher
    ►Launcher Overview► Tutorial ►Multitasking Overview
    ►Add Apps, Contacts, or bookmarks ► Run several Cards (apps) at once. ► For instance you can listen to music as you look at photos.

5. Updates are on page 6.

6. PreCentral has found a total of 6 Orange Key tricks that are included in their sections.

I would like know where to find this guide. May be a silly question but I have not see this. I am looking to change items in my quick launch bar, but can't find how to do it.
  7.    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by iMagi View Post
    ...I would like know where to find this guide. May be a silly question but I have not see this. I am looking to change items in my quick launch bar, but can't find how to do it.[/COLOR]
    The links to the Pre User Guide, Getting Started, etc. are on page 1 in the Getting Help section.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thanks Craig
    -Verlin Craig
    Great tips in this forum. This is my first Palm product and smart phone, and trying to use it has made me feel stupid; until now.

Thanks for all the information.
    I'm in KAF, hows the connection where you're at? I've been thinking about gettingone too.
  11.    #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by svtcobra1995 View Post
    You guys actually DONT have to root your pre to get the "downloading in web browser" Mod on your phone! Just download the new version of Web OS Quick Install program
    (version 2.01) to your computer if you dont already have it, 1. open the program, 2. connect Pre to your pc with USB cable, 3. select just charge on you're Pre, 4. select "tools" at top left of Web OS Quick install on PC, 5. Then select "tweaks", 6. put a checkmark beside "downloading in web browser" and it will automatically reboot your phone and viola ITS DONE. I do recomend rooting (or "Accessing Linux) on your phone though, It is very simple if you follow the wiki method, and there are endless possibilities of what can be done with your phone with a little research! It is actually alot harder to brick your phone than I thought it would be! I have yet to have any problems, and NO bricked phone. well hope this helps, and good luck.
    I will put this into the next Palm Pre Tips and Tricks. I never thoguht about it before but it sure needs to be there.

Also, please see the Get (or Make) Free Ringtones.

- Craig
    This guide is so good. Thanks!
  13.    #253  
    I will add this into the Tips and Tricks thread. Nice one!

Note some corrections are made. The original instructions were for an Instinct. Be sure and write down any setting before you change them.

To get your MSL, call Sprint and ask for your MSL you need for a full reset. They should have no problem giving it to you. If ever you need to do a full reset, you will have the code you will need. I personally have only increased my buffer size so far. Please check the thread link below before you proceed.

--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Speed Up Connection Speed
    There are actually going to be two hacks in this port. One involves changing your Home Agent, the other involves changing the media buffer. The speed increases in both cases has been debated almost as excessively as whether or not people will be charged for PAM. Bottom line, some people swear in multiplies the speed exponentially, others claim no increase.

Home Agent Change:
    As far as I know the Home Agent has something to do with which tower network your phone is sending info to/receiving info from. This hack is very simple.
    1)Tap the Phone icon and type in ##DATA# (##3282#)
    2)Tap Primary Home
    3)Enter your MSL
    4)Use the back arrow to delete 255.255.255.255
    5)Type in the Home Agent closest to where you live. The Home Agent number can be found: Tip: Changing Sprint Home Agent Speeds Up EVDO : EVDOinfo.com.
    6)Repeat for Secondary Home, and continue below or restart.

Media Buffer:
    Simple hack again.
    2)Tap Menu > Multimedia
    3)Tap Buffer Length
    4)Enter MSL
    5)Delete the 7, type in 20
    7)Swipe back in the gesture area when done.

Smooth Out Sprint TV
    MMG IP and Port Change:
    From same menu as above:
    2)Tap Menu > Multimedia
    3)Tap MMG IP
    4)Enter MSL
    6)Use the back arrow to delete what's there and input all zeros
    7)Hit OK
    8)MMG Port
    9)Use the back arrow to delete what's there and input zero
    10)Swipe back in the gesture area when done.

Again, this was something I applied to my Instinct, and so I have some prior experience, however it is not that complicated on the menus Pre uses, so change up your numbers and reboot. So far I've noticed Sprint TV is much better, however the change in internet speed is not quite as dramatic as when the changes were applied on the Instinct.
  14.    #254  
    I am not rooted but followed the instructions here:

On-Screen Virtual Keyboard is a Go for Mere Mortals, Here's How To Install It

It works! It works! It works!

I have an on-screen keyboard!

This needs to be in the Tips and Tricks!

- Craig
  15.    #255  
    If you want to send feedback directly through the Palm Feedback page:
    www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html

Here are fixes that other users have found: www.webos-internals.org.

- Craig
    can someone mention or re-state (if it's already been posted) how to scroll in a text box in the web browser? Like in Yahoo Mail, the text box has more text than what is being shown but I can't see it.
  17.    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy8316 View Post
    can someone mention or re-state (if it's already been posted) how to scroll in a text box in the web browser? Like in Yahoo Mail, the text box has more text than what is being shown but I can't see it.
    It's on page 3 in the Typing section. Press and hold the orange key then swipe up, down, left, or right. It is also page 46 in the manual.

- Craig
  18.    #258  
    I'll also add this to the next edition of the Tips and Tricks in the Email section and Messaging section:

Emoticons (Smilies, Smiles)

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/02/2009 at 10:35 AM.
    Awesome guide! I'll definitely be hanging on to this for reference.
    To view a pdf on your pre, you can connect the pre to you computer as a USB drive and simply copy the pdf file to the root of the USB. Disconnect the pre from the computer and launch the pdf viewer