Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    The post says it is v.2.1, but the attachment is v.2.0.

OK. It's 2.1 now. Thanks.
    Last edited by RoboCAD; 07/31/2009 at 12:48 PM. Reason: my suggested correction was implemented
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    thanks! great work!
    hey!! im taniabonita52 from MTDN (though i used taniabonita53) because i could not reset my password for some reason. this .pdf file has been a great find for me!!! omg. lol. i just got my pre 2 days ago and im absorbed in the whole exploration process. and i am trying to get my posts up to 10. lol. this is a great great great forum. a friend from MTDN actually recommended it to me. :-)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    This site is the best, I can't wait to read all of it and try the new tricks.
    holy st josephs ***** this is awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboCAD View Post
    The post says it is v.2.1, but the attachment is v.2.0.
    +1
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    thanks this is great!
    sweet!!!!
    Any idea of how to do a search on Calendar? I didn't realize until last night that there isn't one! I have old dates that I need to find quickly without having to use my B-RAM! (Biological Random Access Memory!)
    thank you!
    Thank you x 2
    Thnx for the info. I finally figured some stuff out.
    Similar to the other ctrl+<key> combinations that Milominderbinder mentioned on the first page, I think having a ctrl+enter while typing a URL (to automatically fill ".com") would save a lot of time.
    Thank you this will come in handy I bet, lol. Downloading to pre to read over in between times ..
    Can someone tell me if I found a new feature?

Normally, when you send a SMS text message you get only 254 characters to enter. This was true with my Treo 650.

I just discovered (what might be a new feature) that you can type as much as you want and the Pre will break up the entire message into parts that are of 254 characters. And it adds to the beginning of each part: (1 of X).

So if you have a text message that is 500 characters, the Pre will send out two separate messages and at the beginning it will have (1 of 2) and the next part or next message will say (2 of 2).

This way you just type as much as you want without thinking about coming up against the 254 character limit. The Pre nicely breaks the entire message up into parts that can be sent.

Is this an undiscovered feature/tip I found?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I'm not sure if it's posted, but a single tap on the headset will toggle between pause and play when playing music.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post

Normally, when you send a SMS text message you get only 254 characters to enter. This was true with my Treo 650.

I just discovered (what might be a new feature) that you can type as much as you want and the Pre will break up the entire message into parts that are of 254 characters. And it adds to the beginning of each part: (1 of X).

So if you have a text message that is 500 characters, the Pre will send out two separate messages and at the beginning it will have (1 of 2) and the next part or next message will say (2 of 2).

This way you just type as much as you want without thinking about coming up against the 254 character limit. The Pre nicely breaks the entire message up into parts that can be sent.

Rob
    Not a new feature. It has been there all along. And on the Pre they are 160 character limits (not sure of where you got 254). Treos were the same 160 character limits at least on Sprint CDMA.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    This is one of the best threads that has ever lived. Thank you to those of you who took the time to post all the useful information.

You are all my heroes!
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post

Rob
    This is not in the Tips and Tricks! I will add it for version 2.2. Also, when texting and you exceed 160 characters, it breaks up into 160 character messages the same way.

- Craig
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by mholian View Post
    I'm not sure if it's posted, but a single tap on the headset will toggle between pause and play when playing music.
    I thought for sure that was in there but it is not. Thanks. It will be in 2.2.

- Craig
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast