Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Hey fain,
    How did you help dnezat and ericmn1? Just like me they were missing the original file too. My pre is useless without roaming. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I used the original patch and it work but "Roam Only" disappeared after 1.10 so I reapplied the old patch and that is when I started getting the white screen, any way to fix this? I really don't wanna do a restore
    So Fain - i used the file u sent me via PM and it worked fine. how can i get it to work now on 1.1 after the upgrade? can i reuse the same file? can u send me a updated and i can just follow the same steps with that file?

would need this back.
    thnx
    Quote Originally Posted by ballubhai View Post
    Hey fain,
    How did you help dnezat and ericmn1? Just like me they were missing the original file too. My pre is useless without roaming. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    check pm

Quote Originally Posted by I_Ryan View Post
    I used the original patch and it work but "Roam Only" disappeared after 1.10 so I reapplied the old patch and that is when I started getting the white screen, any way to fix this? I really don't wanna do a restore
    check pm

Quote Originally Posted by ariroth View Post
    So Fain - i used the file u sent me via PM and it worked fine. how can i get it to work now on 1.1 after the upgrade? can i reuse the same file? can u send me a updated and i can just follow the same steps with that file?

would need this back.
    thnx
    no DO NOT use that file. Throw it away. I updated the script to work with 1.1 a few posts back is the command.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    fain FTW!!

New script works great!!
    Thanks a lot for the quick work fain. I can sleep in peace now!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Fain, I sent you a PM - i had the patch from before the update and so I applied the new one you put in.. it said it already existed...after i went to check i got the white screen?

what am i doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by vapostol View Post
    Fain, I sent you a PM - i had the patch from before the update and so I applied the new one you put in.. it said it already existed...after i went to check i got the white screen?

what am i doing wrong?
    Whats the exact output when it said it already existed?
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    i updated the script for webOS 1.1 and tested it on my phone and it worked. I had to reboot tho. Dunno if that is necessary.

as root

Code:
    wget -qO- http://www.nucleardecay.net/pre/patch_roam.sh | /bin/sh
    The script now has a error check to make sure the file is backed up too
    Thank You!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    root@castle:/# wget -qO- http://www.nucleardecay.net/pre/patch_roam.sh | /bin/sh
    File preflist-assistant.jsjsjs.$bak$ $exists$
    root@castle:/#
    Yes! I told you I used YOUR file - with the root, mount rw / RO commands.

Can i just reuse that siame file after the webOS 1.1 update? Or same idea with a new file u made?

I found this online http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...only-mode.html

Will this work AFTER i followed your instructions with your old file? can I just use that? or can you please PM me the file. Remember I only have ROOT acccess the sh commends didnt work.
    Fain -I got the files. Tnx. im getting a msg that "patched file not found". i guess i dont know how to put it in the aps directory. How do i do that?

Also can u check if the above link would work for me after I used your file last time? cause that would be even simpler? just copy paste.
    m\Many tnx
    Quote Originally Posted by ariroth View Post
    Fain -I got the files. Tnx. im getting a msg that "patched file not found". i guess i dont know how to put it in the aps directory. How do i do that?

Also can u check if the above link would work for me after I used your file last time? cause that would be even simpler? just copy paste.
    m\Many tnx
    "patched file not found".

what exactly did you do to get that error. What is the exact terminal output?

The script from that link requires you to install another program called sedml "sed with multi line support". Most everything in that script is the same otherwise. Minus the error checking I added for the file backup. The script w5mw created uses only sed no other extra programs required. i forgot about wget I don't remember if this is installed by default or not.
    Last edited by fain; 07/24/2009 at 01:09 PM.
    OK - tried again and it works! Thanks!

off topic - since i updated the Ringtone for msg and other notifications has changed. I liked better the old one, anyway to change this?
    w5mw
    I tried this but at step 10, I kept getting the error that the file am trying to copy is a read only file.
    How can I get around this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayogod View Post
    w5mw
    I tried this but at step 10, I kept getting the error that the file am trying to copy is a read only file.
    How can I get around this.
    What version of webOS Are you using? If it is 1.1 DO NOT use this. Use this or this
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I did this hack manually only yesterday and have found it useful
    several times since then on my business trip. Various places
    in the airport, plane (on the ground), hotel, etc the Spring voice
    and data signal have been really flaky, so I've switched to
    roam only, turned data roaming back on, and gotten done
    what I needed. As mentioned earlier somewhere to get
    it choose Sprint again, I have to force it to Sprint only mode
    and then back to Automatic. Otherwise it has worked great.
    Thanks.

ian
    Could someone please HELP me!! I just installed the roam only onto my pre and did this after the 1.1.0 upgrade. I must of used the wrong script cause i just gave myself a white screen. Tried using your fix fain and it did not work. I am so confused now on what i need to do to get this to work or just get the preferences back to norm. I would appreciate any help...Thanks in advance
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast