Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    here is the output
    app-assistant.jsjsjs $pincode$-$assistant$.$js$
    callforwarding-assistant.jsjsjs $preflist$-$assistant$.$js$
    dialingshortcut-assistant.jsjsjs $preflist$-$assistant$.$js$.$patched$
    fdn-assistant.jsjsjs $wait$-$assistant$.$js$
    fdnedit-assistant.jsjsjs
    root@castle:/#
    Ok what it looks like is your cp command does not work. I c this from this output in the error

/bin/sh: cp:: not found

The sh script does not do any error checking so it went ahead and edited the original file without creating a backup first :/
    so am I just out of luck then? I am wondering what my next course of action will have to be as I will need access to my preferences soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericmn1 View Post
    so am I just out of luck then? I am wondering what my next course of action will have to be as I will need access to my preferences soon.
    It might just not be in your path try using the full path

/bin/cp source destination
    It doesn't appear a backup was made, but rather the patch file overwrote the original. It looks like tomorrow I am going to have to use webOS Doctor to do a a factory restore of my pre :-(
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    It doesn't appear a backup was made, but rather the patch file overwrote the original. It looks like tomorrow I am going to have to use webOS Doctor to do a a factory restore of my pre :-(
    Good luck. I'm stuck on that. Ive been try for the last 3 hours trying to do that. It starts to reset then it bombs out on me. If you get it working, let me know please.
    Wow, now I am a bit nervous to try the webOS doctor. It sounded like it was a pretty straight forward process.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm sad.... The only thing is maybe they haven't updated the webos doctor to the 1.1 yet is the only thing I can think of. They have had a version for all the other updates and maybe they just haven't updated it yet. This webos doctor isn't all what its cracked up to be in my opinion....
    Quote Originally Posted by dnezat View Post
    Good luck. I'm stuck on that. Ive been try for the last 3 hours trying to do that. It starts to reset then it bombs out on me. If you get it working, let me know please.
    check your pm's
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I'm currently working after I went back to my vista 64 box. This thing is cooky as all get out... I'm tired and going to bed. ericmn1, if you need help with webos doctor tomorrow I will be more than happy to help. Thanks for your help fain, I really appreciate it!!!
    dnezat, thanks for the offer, but thanks to Fains help I was able to restore the file I needed so all is back to normal. Thanks again for all your help fain!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    dnezat, thanks for the offer, but thanks to Fains help I was able to restore the file I needed so all is back to normal. Thanks again for all your help fain!
    Awesome. I love this community...
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Yeah, that's why I asked. My phone is useless without force roam.

So I will probably wait until somebody writes and hosts a new .sh so I can just run a wget and not have to edit it manually.

Just glad I didn't update before finding out, sounds like some ppl are having a real PITA over this.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I applied this hack once before on 1.04 and noticed "Roam Only" disappeared after 1.10 update so I just reapplied it but now when I go into my preferences to switch to roam only the screen stays white and never loads.

Please help, how can I remove this hack or anyone know a solution, it worked fine on 1.04
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    hey fain, you think you can send me a pm with the fix, i am getting the same thing as them, it seems a backup wasnt made of my file either, thanks for all your help.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jon6535 View Post
    hey fain, you think you can send me a pm with the fix, i am getting the same thing as them, it seems a backup wasnt made of my file either, thanks for all your help.
    Your getting the plain white screen?
    i updated the script for webOS 1.1 and tested it on my phone and it worked. I had to reboot tho. Dunno if that is necessary.

as root

Code:
    wget -qO- http://www.nucleardecay.net/pre/patch_roam.sh | /bin/sh
    The script now has a error check to make sure the file is backed up too
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    i updated the script for webOS 1.1 and tested it on my phone and it worked. I had to reboot tho. Dunno if that is necessary.

as root

Code:
    wget -qO- http://www.nucleardecay.net/pre/patch_roam.sh | /bin/sh
    The script now has a error check to make sure the file is backed up too
    My preferences still won't open, just a blank white screen
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Ryan View Post
    My preferences still won't open, just a blank white screen
    If you have already used the old patch then mine will not work. You will need the original file first.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    If you have already used the old patch then mine will not work. You will need the original file first.
    I used the original patch and then that's when I started having the issue, is there any way to fix this?